GDT: Mar. 24, Habs vs Predators, 8:00 PM

dlbalr

To be fair, the second best goalie in the world was in net.

To be fair, he didn't look like the second best goalie yesterday. He gave up juicy rebounds like his name was Tokarski...

Guest Stogey24

To be fair, the second best goalie in the world was in net.

Well its basically the past 10 games, minus one or two where this team can't score more than two goals. Besides empty netters for the third goal.

Well that was a really chintzy loss.

The second goal was a fluke and then the 4 v 3 PP lead to an inevitable goal.

Powerplays are mighty hard to come by these days. I guess that the league and the refs are out to teach the Habs a lesson.

Pateryn and especially Pareteau had their best games on the year. PA played like he wants a spot on the first line/first PP. I hope it works out for him. Galchenyuk is working hard but he needs to start putting up some points. His job is only going to get harder in the playoffs.

Smith-Pelly skated harder than I've seen him all year and he was rewarded with a demotion to the fourth line. I can't help but think he was a serious pro scouting blunder. He's too slow this year to play on a team that works off the rush. He would be good in front of the net on the powerplay.

There was nothing to get too high or too low about. They didn't get the bounces that game, though I'm sure the possession crowd are happy with the small edge in shot attempts.

Bad Subban!

He was showboatin in OT (I know gotta take Bad Subban with the Good but), asleep on 1st goal also and took 2 of Habs 4 penalties, he owes Price a point and W!

Why would Pelly get 2x the icetime as Weise? Hope they are just testing to see if he can do anything with more icetime, which he didn't do.

Plekanec & Eller combined were 6 for 29 on faceoffs, Mitchell 13 for 19.

Oh well, only 8 more exhibition games to get through.

It looks like Markov could use a few games off

I'd like to see him sit for a game at least for rest purposes. With Petry able to log 24 minutes or so in a game, it should make the decision to rest Markov a little easier as they'd still have two options that can play top pairing minutes.

As for last night, it's hard to be upset at the loss. The Habs played well and all in all, it was a pretty even game between two of the NHL's best teams. I didn't like Subban dipsy-doodling as much as he did in the OT. He had a couple of prime passing chances that he passed up on taking which helped result in the penalty that led to the eventual winner. But that's really the only complaint of mine from a pretty good game overall.

I'd like to see him sit for a game at least for rest purposes. With Petry able to log 24 minutes or so in a game, it should make the decision to rest Markov a little easier as they'd still have two options that can play top pairing minutes.

As for last night, it's hard to be upset at the loss. The Habs played well and all in all, it was a pretty even game between two of the NHL's best teams. I didn't like Subban dipsy-doodling as much as he did in the OT. He had a couple of prime passing chances that he passed up on taking which helped result in the penalty that led to the eventual winner. But that's really the only complaint of mine from a pretty good game overall.

My thoughts exactly. I didn't think we got the calls or the bounces, but nothing to be really upset about.

Well that was a really chintzy loss.

The second goal was a fluke and then the 4 v 3 PP lead to an inevitable goal.

Powerplays are mighty hard to come by these days. I guess that the league and the refs are out to teach the Habs a lesson.

Pateryn and especially Pareteau had their best games on the year. PA played like he wants a spot on the first line/first PP. I hope it works out for him. Galchenyuk is working hard but he needs to start putting up some points. His job is only going to get harder in the playoffs.

Smith-Pelly skated harder than I've seen him all year and he was rewarded with a demotion to the fourth line. I can't help but think he was a serious pro scouting blunder. He's too slow this year to play on a team that works off the rush. He would be good in front of the net on the powerplay.

There was nothing to get too high or too low about. They didn't get the bounces that game, though I'm sure the possession crowd are happy with the small edge in shot attempts.

Nice summary LM.. got my cable service fixed today.. so I can actually see more of the game... the Rogers guys were a couple of Leaf fans.. we cried for a while and prayed for the team.... I'm calling the local bishop to see if an exorcism would help... :devil: but I suspect they're too far gone.... :1banana: ...I really lack charity... :rolleyes:

Right after I said that.. turn on the tv,, and my problem is back.... karma! :rastapop:

(did anyone miss Gilbert/Malhotra?)

Nice to see Paranteau play like a good player.

Emelin had some sweet hits and is looking better since return from shoulder injury.

And the 3rd-d pairing really had some nice shifts.

Was funny to see Pelly twist himself into knots, when set-up wide friggin open in front of Rinne (Rene Bourque-like).

Big thing on TSN 690 about guys running Price

That issue is dealt with, exactly as Molson and his billionaire friends want it to be.

Not sure why a ton more goalie interference penalties arnt called, would think all the extra PPs would create more goals, which seems important to the owners and many fans..

Guest Stogey24

I just think its funny how all of this effort is put forth to stop players from diving, when guys like Kreider the Collider aren't even given a second look

Tokarski in vs Jets tomorrow.

Weise and Pelly on proper lines at practice.

Another day off for Markov and the hard hitting Emelin also resting today.

Can somebody argue plz..it's not as funny without 30/31 here..where is he anyway?

Haven't seen any posts by him. You guys chase him away or did Brian lower the boom? He's pretty thick skin so I can't see him getting chased off.

Not much left to complain about is there, most agree all is well and not much will change over the next 2 weeks.

Likely Tokarski will start 3 (Jets, Devils & Leafs) and Price will get 5 more starts.

Haha, no it wasn't me HR, 30 and I agree on alllllmost everything. Maybe he's got a timeout

Jeez don't tell anyone else, you can get in trouble agreeing with 30/31 :) I am sure he will be back.

Your not alone--- I am in the 30/31 club as well

whoa whoa whoa... lets take it easy here guys, if we keep pumping his tires its likely to push him over the top.

I like his commentary too and he adds a little spice but there is such a thing as too much of a good thing... ;)

87-88 & 88-89 was last back to back years for Habs with 100pt seasons.

This will basically be the 3rd in a row, given 12-13 had 63pts in 48gms or 108pt pace (loser pt helps, last year 9 teams had 100+pts).

85-86 15 of the 21 teams scored 300+goals; Wings worst gave up 415goals

95-96 2 of the 26 teams scored 300+, Devils gave up 357goals

05-06 1 of the 30 teams scored 300+, Pitt gave up 316goals

14-15 TB likely be tops with 260-270g & Oil will give up 265-275g

(Watered down rosters most likely cause of increasingly less entertaining hockey and they want to add more teams? Chasing the all important $$$.)