2012 playoff pool

sakiqc

Hahaah! Well she has a shot at winning a new car!

Didn't know your mother was following hockey. and she won last year? Wow shame on you and the rest of us :D

She didn't win last year (she wasn't in then), I won last year's pool.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She didn't win last year (she wasn't in then), I won last year's pool.

ok - thought you were referring to her. anyways don't play hard against her and remind her to make her selections before round 2 ^_^

Hopefully everyone made their picks for round 2. I don't want to win by default :D

Mine are in. Had to take a group of lesser known gambles to try to work my way back up the standings, I hate having to do that. Takes a lot longer to put together a roster then.

My picks are in. Crossing my fingers to see a few series go in 7, cuz if it takes less than 12 days, I will miss Round 3-4 just like last year...

I think my D-Squad worth 5 pts all together...

Mine are in. Had to take a group of lesser known gambles to try to work my way back up the standings, I hate having to do that. Takes a lot longer to put together a roster then.

we'll see if your gambles beat my 3 sedins :) I've got 2 daniels and 1 henrik

we'll see if your gambles beat my 3 sedins :) I've got 2 daniels and 1 henrik

I kept Daniel Sedin, no star though as I gambled on Franzen having a huge 2nd round, starred him instead.

Looks as if 1 person didn't input any picks while one other (Norm) only has a few guys picked. Shouldn't take too long for either of them to shuffle to the bottom.

I didn't take Neuvirth but I did take (and star) Howard. That's a double ouch there.

Sadly ( for me ) I had Neuvirth starred. Also have Semin, Briere, and Mezaros. Oh yeah, have Simon Gagne too.

My biggest payoff ( at 6 points ) so far has been Niemi.

For the sake of my team I hope Philly draws round 2 out a bit longer...

I have 3 players with 0 pt and still have the best 2nd segment ?!?!?!

Brian, tell your mum to pick. The chase is on !!!!

I have 3 players with 0 pt and still have the best 2nd segment ?!?!?!

Brian, tell your mum to pick. The chase is on !!!!

same for me.. 3 X 0.. I also picked Demers & Neuvirth

Datsyuk + the star.. nice pick

same for me.. 3 X 0.. I also picked Demers & Neuvirth

Datsyuk + the star.. nice pick

I know ;)

When Crosby is down, Datsyuk is my pick for Best Player in the World.

My picks are in. Same strategy as last year, making sure to have at least 2 players from each team so that I'm guaranteed a shot at some points in the finals no matter what.

I chose the opposite and loaded up on guys I figure to be in the finals. The way I see it, I've done this every year... and been burned each time... so this year it's gotta work, right? :)

I chose the opposite and loaded up on guys I figure to be in the finals. The way I see it, I've done this every year... and been burned each time... so this year it's gotta work, right? :)

Part of the reason I go this way is I know most others won't. There's a chance to gain ground in itself...

My picks are in. Same strategy as last year, making sure to have at least 2 players from each team so that I'm guaranteed a shot at some points in the finals no matter what.

Pretty much the same here. Guaranteed to have at least 2 defs and 2 forwards in the finals.

Pretty much the same here. Guaranteed to have at least 2 defs and 2 forwards in the finals.

I'm fond of the all or nothing approach, especially when there's no money on the line. :)

I had to go with the all in approach. So far, in both the pool and in the prediction threads, I've been wrong.

Figure I'll try the George Costanza method of going the exact opposite of my first reaction.

I'll either win big or go down in flames.

Good luck everyone.

I'm fond of the all or nothing approach, especially when there's no money on the line. :)

My approach is a balance between being idiot and all-in.

If BOS-VAN meet in the finals, I have almost a full lineup whil if TB-SJ meet in the finals, I have 4 players only.