Who we gonna Draft?

habs rule

It's to early to tell we don't know where we are picking. But for the love of god it better be the top center available. It's time for this organization to address that need.

After Auston Matthews there isn't another surefire top line centre in the top 7 or 8 picks.

around that point Dubois and McLeod come up, but its unclear if they are #1 centres or 2nd line centres.

I'm also of the opinion that when you are picking that high, you need to take the best player available and not reach.

Guest Stogey24

After Auston Matthews there isn't another surefire top line centre in the top 7 or 8 picks.

around that point Dubois and McLeod come up, but its unclear if they are #1 centres or 2nd line centres.

I'm also of the opinion that when you are picking that high, you need to take the best player available and not reach.

I wouldn't be against trading the pick. Package something to get us help now.

I wouldn't be against trading the pick. Package something to get us help now.

Now that's a great idea. Seriously if we aren't getting matthews laine or puljujarvi, package the first, one of our seconds, maybe Eller and a prospect for an upgrade.

Edit, switch plex for Eller and the return could be even bigger

In the 8-11th pick range, these all seem like good options

Clayton Keller C/LW, Big Gauthier RW, Dubois LW/C, Bean LH-d

5'10" 165 6'3" 225 6'1" 180 6'1" 175

(With Price returning (or not), safe to say that the Habs wont be picking in top 5)

Why not?

My only argument would be he's a LW and when have maxpac, but another strong LW still makes line 2 stronger so it would still be great. All I'm saying is a Center would be a little more desirable (yet harder to get probably)

My only argument would be he's a LW and when have maxpac, but another strong LW still makes line 2 stronger so it would still be great. All I'm saying is a Center would be a little more desirable (yet harder to get probably)

yeah I don't disagree, hey if we can get Hall RNH or Yak lets do it.

Sitting with 10th pick this morning.

Past deals fairly early 1st round ;

15th for 19th & 59th picks

12th for 16th, 77th & 181st

8th for Jordan Staal

9th for Cory Schneider

13th for Lucic

Not sure Oilers want more draft picks, but maybe a Beaulieu & 10th pick would get you Nugent Hopkins?

Pierre-Luc Dubois had 2g 3a game yesterday.

But he is big LW and Gauthier is bigger RW, who had 38g 73pts in 63 gms last year and 39g in 45gms this year is quite impressive (he missed last year draft by just 1 month, so bit older than most).

Mike McLeod seems most likely centre to be taken around where Habs will pick.

Pierre-Luc Dubois had 2g 3a game yesterday.

But he is big LW and Gauthier is bigger RW, who had 38g 73pts in 63 gms last year and 39g in 45gms this year is quite impressive (he missed last year draft by just 1 month, so bit older than most).

Mike McLeod seems most likely centre to be taken around where Habs will pick.

Gauthier sounds impressive. RW is a need too.

Gauthier scares me because he's gotten tunnel vision this year. He shoots everything and doesn't utilize his teammates. His assist total is miniscule.

I like Dubois a lot better. More all around game. Dubois has played some centre this year as well, and will likely be in the middle next season.

Pick gets included in a deal for Drouin tomorrow

Just a guess

I really hope you're wrong. A lottery-bound team should not be dealing its pending first round pick without some sort of protection. And if they're protecting it, Tampa's probably not going to want it.

After the pain and disappointment of this season, I want more than Drouin out of this year's 1st round pick... I want a biggish(6'+)200lb winger with blazing speed and hands made of gold! :thumbs_up:

I simply would like to see Timmins get a top 10 pick and take the best player available; whether that is 165lb forward Keller, 175lb d-man Bean or jumbo 225lber Gauthier, dosent really matter to me, I will trust their scouting staff.

Guest Stogey24

I would almost guarantee Habs won't draft under 6ft tall with their first pick. I'm not necessarily saying that's always the right thing to do, but we have the smaller skilled players in the system already.

I would almost guarantee Habs won't draft under 6ft tall with their first pick. I'm not necessarily saying that's always the right thing to do, but we have the smaller skilled players in the system already.

We rarely select under six feet tall with our first round pick.