Lehkonen 3 yr ELC signed May 8 2016

DON

Nice to hear it is done, where will he fit in come Oct? St John's for a bit or vs Leafs opening day?

dlbalr, can you remove this duplicate thread I managed to create.

Gonna be interesting to see if he can beat out others for a spot on the 2nd or 3rd line LW at training camp/preseason. But I'd wager he'll need a bit of time in St John's to adjust to North American style, and hopefully he's open to a few months in the AHL.

Looks like a good signing, I wanna see what this puppy can do.

Yes it will be interesting to see how he adapts to N.A. game. Does he start season in St.Johns and produce from game 1?

They try and figure out the NHL-equivalent of player scoring from other leagues. SHL tends to translate better to NHL than AHL/NCAA production would.

http://hockeyanalytics.com/Research_files/League_Equivalencies.pdf

Yes it will be interesting to see how he adapts to N.A. game. Does he start season in St.Johns and produce from game 1?

They try and figure out the NHL-equivalent of player scoring from other leagues. SHL tends to translate better to NHL than AHL/NCAA production would.

http://hockeyanalytics.com/Research_files/League_Equivalencies.pdf

Soo at his playoff production he should put up about 50 points with the Habs? ? Boy would I ever be happy with that.

May end up that way, but seeing his production lead his team to the SHL championship, does he really need any more time or is he NHL-ready now?

The GP bonuses are only for 2016-17, Lehkonen gets a max base salary for 2017-18/2018-19. That's late second round money, I thought he'd have gotten better than that.

Hell Markdown Mark strikes again. That man can make a beaver sing. Hey good for him. This guy looks pretty good and at that money he is a steal.

The GP bonuses are only for 2016-17, Lehkonen gets a max base salary for 2017-18/2018-19. That's late second round money, I thought he'd have gotten better than that.

Possibly a paycut because of the his clause that lets him leave for Europe instead of the AHL? Slightly lower pay is higher incentive to keep him in the NHL?

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/artturi-lehkonen

His initial NHL salary is $667K with a games played bonus of $257K which I believe could mean the Habs could have him play a few games at the start of the year, see if he sticks and if not, avoid paying him a bit more. Otherwise his cap hit is $925K. He also has the choice to either goto the AHL or Frolunda based on the European Assignment Clause.

Possibly a paycut because of the his clause that lets him leave for Europe instead of the AHL? Slightly lower pay is higher incentive to keep him in the NHL?

I would call it hedging their bets. If Lehkonen makes the team and plays, he'll get (or get close to) the $925k. If he doesn't, then at the least the Habs benefit from a slightly lower cap hit in years 2 and 3.

Will Reway get same contract?

Based on merit? He shouldn't. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he did though.

Sweet Jesus, 30/31 must of rubbed off on you? :bonk:

Ya know I can stir the pot once in a while. That was actually tongue in cheek but keep an eye out. :tigi: Beside I thought 30/31 was great entertainment.

• Upvote 1

Yup, constant string of pessimissism across every thread is always entertaining and just can never get enough of it...sure do miss that idiot. :hammer:

• Upvote 1

Yup, constant string of pessimissism across every thread is always entertaining and just can never get enough of it...sure do miss that idiot. :hammer:

Ok let me be more circumspect I thought all of your reactions to him was great entertainment.. :rofl: