Injury news

Commandant

• 2 weeks later...

Markov is such a great leader. That said, I've read that he does not want to be captain. What a wonderful hab he's been.

• 2 weeks later...

Any word on JDL's wrist rehabilitation? It's been nearly a month since the surgery..

I'm sure he's back in Sweden rehabbing. No news is good news; we'd only hear something if there was some sort of setback.

• 1 month later...

Habs site reporting Max is out 12 weeks with knee injury from off-ice workout.

Don't panic. It's not like we don't have any other real 1st line player...

(but don't forget that we're talking about Max Pacioretty, a.k.a. Wolverine. Somehow, the injury's lenght is probably go down to 3 weeks and a half...)

I'd rather get our injury quota satisfied over the summer months!

12 weeks takes us to early October and the season starts on the 7th. Assuming all goes right with the recovery, he shouldn't miss much, if any regular season action. (He'll miss training camp which isn't ideal but it could be worse.)

What troubles me about it - apart from the fact that missing training camp can sometimes lead to bad seasons, as the player is constantly scrambling to catch up, loses confidence, etc. - is the omen. We've been sickeningly healthy for a couple of seasons (except for Price in the playoffs). Maybe the hockey gods are out for revenge. :ph34r:

Of course, one day Max will be 48 and in a wheelchair and we're all gonna feel terrible about thinking he's this healing miracle...

So he will turn into professor X instead? Then he should be a genious coach for us!