Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Any chance Habs can pry a draft pick from some team to allow them to negotiate early with Petry?

Blecch! I'm still taking Zoot Suit seriously in his claim to want to sign Petry - not ready to move to 'acceptance' of our inevitably losing him.

Sorry to burst fantasy bubble, but am sure Bergevin would also 'like' to have Crosby and Ovechkin, but also quite unlikely to happen.

But am with you in having him as a Hab, but not at expense of top six upgrade.

If he can trade Emelin for picks/low salary guys it might be possible maybe to do both? But is a lot to happen and you know some desperate GM will way over pay for Petry

Would you still want Petry if have to overpay on 7 year deal?

So like how Anton Stralman asked for seven years?

What does that mean?

Who is Stralman?

Gauthier got a 7th round pick out of Wisniewski's negotiating rights.

a 7th, sounds good to me.

Any chance Habs can pry a draft pick from some team to allow them to negotiate early with Petry?

The free agent 'interview period' has really limited teams' ability to do that. While technically no negotiating can take place, let's face it, there's negotiating. If Petry is indeed set on testing the market, I can't see a team giving up a pick to talk to him when they can talk to him 48 hours after the draft anyway.

Gauthier got a 7th round pick out of Wisniewski's negotiating rights.

It wound up being a 5th since he actually signed with them. That pick turned into Charles Hudon.

Zero chance Habs can maybe just extend him 1 year before free agency kicks in? Petry's agent will likely want a huge deal with weak market eh?

Zero chance Habs can maybe just extend him 1 year before free agency kicks in? Petry's agent will likely want a huge deal with weak market eh?

I think 4-5 years $5.75M per would be fair for both sides.

His numbers arent 7 million dollars good. I can't see anyone offering him that kind of cash. What I can see is a shorter deal giving him an oppurtunity to earn a deal like that in the near future

I believe they can sign him now. What the NHL doesn't need or want is side stories that may take a little away from the playoffs going on. I believe they could have already a deal in place and are just waiting for the appropriate time to announce it. Dlbair will correct me if wrong, but the trade deadline doesn't exclude you from signing players. I don't think there is anything stopping you from re-upping your own players? Obviously, you can't bring new players aboard other than those elligible (junior and college). to play in the current year.

I believe they can sign him now. What the NHL doesn't need or want is side stories that may take a little away from the playoffs going on. I believe they could have already a deal in place and are just waiting for the appropriate time to announce it. Dlbair will correct me if wrong, but the trade deadline doesn't exclude you from signing players. I don't think there is anything stopping you from re-upping your own players? Obviously, you can't bring new players aboard other than those elligible (junior and college). to play in the current year.

Correct. Players can re-sign at any time.

So odds are Petry will simply walk and that will be that, was a pure rental.

Which is fine, team had such a good reg season, Bergevin had to add something at deadline.

Could a package of say...DD, 2016 1st and McCarron be enough for Eberle?

So odds are Petry will simply walk and that will be that, was a pure rental.

Which is fine, team had such a good reg season, Bergevin had to add something at deadline.

Could a package of say...DD, 2016 1st and McCarron be enough for Eberle?

DD as the central piece for Eberle is not going to get it done. Why would the oilers want DD to play behind RNH and MacDavid??? I can see them wanting Pleks or Eller, but now way would they move Eberle for him.

Sportsnet blogger says Bergevin has been trying to trade Fucale for awhile now.

Fucale is simply too small for NHL goalie blogger reports.

Guest Stogey24

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Bergevin's plan from the beginning was/is to use Fucale as a trade chip

I've never been impressed with Fucale. I've seen him play with three teams. Take that for what it's worth-a fan evaluation from a guy who watches five to seven junior aged goalies a year.

I'm in the same boat as you, I don't consider myself an expert by any means, but I've seen him play live multiple times with seats specifically close to him just to watch him play. And each time he has looked really impressive against my hometown Islanders. Mind you it's a small sample size, our team generally sucks, and I don't pay that close attention to other goalies to compare it to. However I haven't seen a goalie in that league as good since Corey Crawford. Sometimes you can just tell when a guy has it.

Lundqvist, Quick, Fucale, Hawkney all are 6'1", Roy 6'0"/Brodeur 6'2".

So seems a bit odd he is too short and Habs picked 6'1" goalie in 2013 and 2014, if 6'1" is too short for NHL?

But would be no surprise that Bergevin has floated Fucale and likely almost every player he has out there, to test other GM's wants in a deal.