Canada Cup finals? Canada vs Russia. World Hockey Championships.

Dalhabs

Also shows why we should have signed Jagr 3 frigiin years ago over failures like breire, PAP, et el.

I'm not so sure there was enough Cap space at the time..surely they didn't go with a "gut feeling" that he was done at the time, could they have? I get it that MB wanted to get younger n all...but he's Jaromir frickin Jagr ffs..and we've needed a big bodied, possession forward that can score and create offense. AND he wanted to come here! Can you imagine if he had come here and taken Alex under his wing? How could we have missed that opportunity? I'm hoping it wasn't feasible at the time... :cry_smile:

I'm not so sure there was enough Cap space at the time..surely they didn't go with a "gut feeling" that he was done at the time, could they have? I get it that MB wanted to get younger n all...but he's Jaromir frickin Jagr ffs..and we've needed a big bodied, possession forward that can score and create offense. AND he wanted to come here! Can you imagine if he had come here and taken Alex under his wing? How could we have missed that opportunity? I'm hoping it wasn't feasible at the time... :cry_smile:

I know media outlets have to write stories and this is just another one of those tabloid comments but I truly believe Plekanec would have been a different player with Jagr around as well.

It's okay. We got to see another "over the hill" legend get traded to our team in Gonchar this season, who apparently helped mentor Beaulieu... But nope, no Jagr!

I'm mostly saying this all in jest though because although I actually like both Jagr and Gonchar, even at their current age, this is not something I ever sit around and think about.... Though I do think Gonchar should have been given a shot at helping the PP in the playoffs... I digress.

Jagr had four chances to come here, the rumor was that he was using MTL to try to get leverage. My guess is that Bergevin offered him a couple of deals and didn't last year. All Jagr cares about is the money.

I completely agree and was even going to mention that part of the reason I don't waste my time thinking about the what ifs is because we don't often know any of the behind the scenes specifics. When I hear things like he was using Montreal as leverage to up his worth though, I consider that to be just as likely to be the truth as Montreal being one of his preferred destinations due to his relations with Plekanec. He did end up in New Jersey with Elias afterall. In short, I don't think it's necessarily true that he would have requested a substantial amount more to come to Montreal. It's either you want him, or you don't. Even 500k more can be worth it for the right fit. Whether he would have been the right for or not is a whole other debate.

Jagr had four chances to come here, the rumor was that he was using MTL to try to get leverage. My guess is that Bergevin offered him a couple of deals and didn't last year. All Jagr cares about is the money.

Bingo. He and his agent said he wanted to come to Montreal. What isn't mentioned is that he and his agent wanted to go just about anywhere else too. It was money over anything else. He keeps going to the highest bidder, not because he really wanted to go to that team.

Bingo. He and his agent said he wanted to come to Montreal. What isn't mentioned is that he and his agent wanted to go just about anywhere else too. It was money over anything else. He keeps going to the highest bidder, not because he really wanted to go to that team.

well he is probably on his last team now, unless he plans on playing till 65 and getting pension. What is done is done, doesn't make a hill of beans now.

I don't know why they're making such a big deal out of the Russians leaving the ice for the Canadian national anthem after the game. The Russians never showed up DURING the game, why would they show up afterward?

"...but this is OUR hill, and these are OUR beans!.."

LT Frank Drebbin

sorry HR, I just had to :thumbs_up:

:lol:

I don't know why they're making such a big deal out of the Russians leaving the ice for the Canadian national anthem after the game. The Russians never showed up DURING the game, why would they show up afterward?

that is a very good point.

Yea Brierre also toyed with the habs before going to philly years ago. Then had no probs coming after he was washed up.

Really....... you dont watch after habs are out?

I am a Habs fan just can't cheer for another team, I would feel slimy.

Also I have no interest after the Habs are out.

I am a Habs fan just can't cheer for another team, I would feel slimy.

Also I have no interest after the Habs are out.

So you have not followed and enjoyed the stanley cup finals since 93?

Wow.

I love my Habs, but i love great intense hockey too much not to watch.

Have not missed a stanley cup final since i watched my first one.

So you have not followed and enjoyed the stanley cup finals since 93?

Wow.

I love my Habs, but i love great intense hockey too much not to watch.

Have not missed a stanley cup final since i watched my first one.

To each his own.

June hockey (I say again) is idiotic!

Not an NHL fan, am more a hockey & HabFan only.

And why I will watch Memorial cup with 2 Hab prospects playing instead and couldn't care less who wins cup, don't follow any of the 4 teams left, so NHL season is over.

After memorial cup, next item of interest is the NHL combine, NHL draft, Free Agency day, then is Hab summer camps.

June hockey (I say again) is idiotic!

Not an NHL fan, am more a hockey & HabFan only.

And why I will watch Memorial cup with 2 Hab prospects playing instead and couldn't care less who wins cup, don't follow any of the 4 teams left, so NHL season is over.

After memorial cup, next item of interest is the NHL combine, NHL draft, Free Agency day, then is Hab summer camps.

you and I agree, i am not much interested in watch prospects in the Mem cup.