2015 Memorial Cup Thread

dlbalr

An ideal matchup would be a Gens/Remparts final..with the Gens winning 2-1, out-shooting the Remparts 37-16, and McCarron scoring both goals. Haha, dare to dream I guess

Come on, no one really wants OHL to win! :tigi:

How bout a 10-3 Quebec win with McCarron gettting hat-trick.

Hypothetically, could McCarron (with a big championship game) conceivably win the tournament MVP? If he wants to be the next Lucic, he would have to mimic Lucic's '07 performance...so yeah, 2-1 win and score both goals please. Fucale already has WJC gold, that's enough

Guest Stogey24

It's pretty exciting to have a kid like Maccarron is the system taking steps in the right direction.

Hypothetically, could McCarron (with a big championship game) conceivably win the tournament MVP? If he wants to be the next Lucic, he would have to mimic Lucic's '07 performance...so yeah, 2-1 win and score both goals please. Fucale already has WJC gold, that's enough

If i rememeber correctly Lucic was a human wrecking ball that year and really stood out above all others, whereas McCarron has played very well, but is tied for 4th in scoring on his team and may be an all-star forward of tourny with a big final game.

It's pretty exciting to have a kid like Maccarron is the system taking steps in the right direction.

Yes is great to see him playing so well.

Fugcale

He has looked good after coughing up those three quick ones, making a few big stops (including a penalty shot just now). His defence is hanging him out to dry.

And as I type that, it's now 5-1.

Guest Stogey24

He has looked good after coughing up those three quick ones, making a few big stops (including a penalty shot just now). His defence is hanging him out to dry.

And as I type that, it's now 5-1.

He looks tiny in the net. That penalty shot could have easily been a goal too.

So Quebec scores early in the 3rd. How do they react after that? By allowing yet another 2-on-1, of course. 6-2 Rockets now. I'm a bit surprised the mercy pull hasn't happened yet. This isn't just on Fucale, as bad as his numbers look. The Remparts have looked absolutely awful.

Make that 7-2...and they're still not pulling him.

Big Mac doesn't need the MVP to convince me that he will be able to help the team pretty soon.

I don't care what the naysayers think, I have seen what I have seen and my opinion is set: he has got what it takes to make the step to the NHL.

RIP Fucale Trade Value

Fucale has a marginal trade value. He has talent, but has never played in the NHL. Also, he is a goalie and goalies rarely deserve large compensations in a trade. Remember Halak?

Fucale has a marginal trade value. He has talent, but has never played in the NHL. Also, he is a goalie and goalies rarely deserve large compensations in a trade. Remember Halak?

Luongo only got Matthias and a pick.

Here's a good article on goalie trade values.

http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2013/10/grantland-whats-fair-market-value-for.html?m=1

He, Nurse and McDavid wont hurt Oilers future one bit.

Team is stacked or what. With McDavid and all that talent, key move was rendering Lowe and Mactavish to stick boys. The team will progress rapidly now.