Due time for another winning streak. Canucks @ Bell Centre, 7:30PM

CBC and no doubt other networks will cover our captain's funeral mass tomorrow at 1:PM

I'll be taping that for sure.

I don't know about CBC but Sportsnet East and One will be showing the funeral.

As for the first period, good energy (and it has been a while since that could be said). Beaulieu seems to have some jump though I'd like to see him play more defence than rover.

Rats. The channel I was watching did a pregame show with the talkng heads.. and didn't show the Beliveau tribute... I'll try to get it elsewhere.

http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=1174&id=694742&lang=en

The Canadiens website has it posted. Also Sportsnet tweeted it out so I'm sure its on the website. Was a great and simple tribute.

I don't know about CBC but Sportsnet East and One will be showing the funeral.

As for the first period, good energy (and it has been a while since that could be said). Beaulieu seems to have some jump though I'd like to see him play more defence than rover.

Thanks Brian. Sounds a little weird for me to say that I'm looking forward to a funeral... but there it is... As CC wrote in his excellent post there is something truly historic occurring within Canada tomorrow from her heart in Montreal.

Good point on Beaulieu too.. but I guess he's just following his instincts. He looks so talented out there.

Probably unrealistic to expect smooth on an early PP advantage. And they only had a 2 man advantage.. the other 4 were still on the ice...

Yeah can we maybe get like a 3 man advantage? Maybe we could score then.

The Forking Power Play on this team is S.H.I.T. Something has got to change, nobody can tell me we don't have the players. We don't have any coaches who know how to run a power play. MB could you please fire re-assign whatever Maroon (that' for you Don) is supposed to run the power play and get us a real coach. This is embarrassing, 4 PPs 63 seconds on a 2 man, and we are -1 to show for it . GREAT.

Looks like DD lost his check on Dorsett. The DD PP Chronicles continue.

Subban lost his check. Desharnais was behind Subban when Vancouver got control and nearly caught Dorsett.

Shot attempts through 2 are a little one-sided, Montreal 53, Vancouver 22.

• Upvote 1

A much better effort.

Unfortunately they are clueless in the offensive zone. 50 shot attempts and 17 on net. They are just too facy for their own good, blind passes, backhand passes to know one, they seem to think they are the globe trotters out there.

The defense is really poor, short of Subban and Markov they are all bottom pair D.

http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=1174&id=694742&lang=en

The Canadiens website has it posted. Also Sportsnet tweeted it out so I'm sure its on the website. Was a great and simple tribute.

Thanks a lot Brian, I'll check it out for sure.

What's with the Andrighetto kid... he's only got 2 points all year!!

And he's been out at least 20 minutes this year.

Lovely to see Mrs Beliveau. God bless her.

Love that Pleks.

thankfully it didn't cost them, but can someone tell me why Pleks is taking the draw after the canucks timeout? What the heck did we get Malhotra for?

It didn't show on the scoreboard but Montreal dominated that game in all three periods.

I didn't like that DD got so much PP time but old habits die hard.

Galchenyuk looked great at center. He'll play there again.

Andrighetto got some seriously heavy minutes with Plekanec. Impressed with the kid.

Bournival looked good in his return.

Carey Price is our captain. Enough said about the C talk.

Wonder how long my next winning streak is gonna be ;)