Remember hockey? Hurricanes @ Bell Centre, 7:30PM EST

For the love of the Great Pumpkin --or insert deity of your choice here-- our team just thumped a team they needed to beat. Our up and coming (hopefully soon to be star center) scored a hat trick. His high-scoring, shoot first line-mate had three (3!) assists on scoring plays that ranged from good to fantastic. Our much maligned centre demoted from 1st to 3rd line had a great game. Price played well. The D was good.

WTF is all the complaining about???!!! I enjoyed the game. If you are a Habs fan you should have also enjoyed it. IF you can't enjoy an excellent win by your favorite team then why do you bother to watch and comment??!!!

If we had envisioned this start at the beginning of the year, almost everyone on here would have been ecstatic. Yet here we are with a good-with gusts to great--team and more moaning about the state of the team and the coach than I have seen here since the dark years of Reggie the impulsive.

Chill, relax, enjoy the holidays and enjoy your Habs

:habslogo: Peace

Pretty good game last night against weak opposition. I only got to focus intently on the first period and a half and then I tried to focus for the rest of the game but had a lot of distractions around me. I knew the score was 4-1 but didn't realize Chucky got a hat trick until I reviewed the boxscore after the game. Definitely good on him and I hope he keeps it up.

As for those who mention that it took long enough for Galchenyuk to be placed at center, just stop. I don't know why no one has refuted those claims but just because he is doing well at center now does not mean that he was ready to play there even a month ago. There is no proof that he would have been doing well and therefore there is no reason to believe that anyone who said this even a month ago was "right". It can just as easily be argued that the timing was perfect now, and that the situation had been handled perfectly all along. In addition, there is no I in team and while Galchenyuk may be our future star #1 center (or maybe he'll be there for good), he does not make up the entire team. If we have an abundance of centers, like we do, and playing any of the other centers at wing makes our team inherently worse, then there would still seem to be very little logical reasoning behind playing him at center in the now. Galchenyuk may be our best center, and I agree that he probably is, but he is also a decent winger and perhaps Eller, Desharnais or Malholtra would be the worst wingers in the world. I'm not saying any of this is definite as well, but one has to look at the whole picture rather than looking through a microscope. There's no doubt in my mind that he will be a permanent center at some point, and it could even be right now, but there's also very little reason for me to believe that he should have been playing center his whole career, or even a few weeks ago, for more than one reason.

Who's to say that the decision of playing Chucky on the wing for the first 2 seasons of his carrer isn't the right one? Maybe that is the exact thing the kid needed to get used to the NHL? How do YOU know that Chucky would've done better playting at centrer at age 18? You don't, therefore all your whining and moaning is absolutely useless.

Therrien has a .640 + winning percentage since joining the Habs 2 years ago. He's winning almost 2 games for every game he loses, (95 wins vs 52 losses) and yet many of you complain! Granted, he's not the best coach in the NHL right now, but I certainly consider him to be in the top 10.

I don't understand how a coach who has a .640 win percentage, who went to the conf. finals less than 1 year ago can be getting sooo much crap!?!?!

Well said..it is getting to be tiresome!

Speaking of repetitive and tiresome. Why not just leave it alone then? The 2 threads regarding MT getting fired generated a total of 651 reply's and 9500 views. It was a pretty hotly and actively discussed topic, that doesn't include the slop overs into the other threads. I think it is pretty clear that the Mt detractors will never be converted and the MT supporters will not be converted. I agree that it is time for the discussion to end. But if you want it to end. Quit commenting. When MT gets fired as every coach does we will all agree again. I promise never to make the first comment on this topic again, but I will reply as I did this morning to anyone else who chooses to start it up again.

For the love of the Great Pumpkin --or insert deity of your choice here-- our team just thumped a team they needed to beat. Our up and coming (hopefully soon to be star center) scored a hat trick. His high-scoring, shoot first line-mate had three (3!) assists on scoring plays that ranged from good to fantastic. Our much maligned centre demoted from 1st to 3rd line had a great game. Price played well. The D was good.

WTF is all the complaining about???!!! I enjoyed the game. If you are a Habs fan you should have also enjoyed it. IF you can't enjoy an excellent win by your favorite team then why do you bother to watch and comment??!!!

If we had envisioned this start at the beginning of the year, almost everyone on here would have been ecstatic. Yet here we are with a good-with gusts to great--team and more moaning about the state of the team and the coach than I have seen here since the dark years of Reggie the impulsive.

Chill, relax, enjoy the holidays and enjoy your Habs

:habslogo: Peace

enjoyed all those things you pointed out..........most of them being brand new. good call ! peace

Speaking of repetitive and tiresome. Why not just leave it alone then? The 2 threads regarding MT getting fired generated a total of 651 reply's and 9500 views. It was a pretty hotly and actively discussed topic, that doesn't include the slop overs into the other threads. I think it is pretty clear that the Mt detractors will never be converted and the MT supporters will not be converted. I agree that it is time for the discussion to end. But if you want it to end. Quit commenting. When MT gets fired as every coach does we will all agree again. I promise never to make the first comment on this topic again, but I will reply as I did this morning to anyone else who chooses to start it up again.

"there is no proof that he would have done well (first line center) there a month ago" correct. And there is no proof that he would not have. Thats why we have fun debating!!

"proof" !? this aint law and order

there is no "proof" who is the best player of all time.............but its debated in sports bars, talk shows and books across the land.

just make your posts and stop telling everyone else how they should post or not post. or do we need "proof" thats a good idea?

"there is no proof that he would have done well (first line center) there a month ago" correct. And there is no proof that he would not have. Thats why we have fun debating!!

"proof" !? this aint law and order

there is no "proof" who is the best player of all time.............but its debated in sports bars, talk shows and books across the land.

just make your posts and stop telling everyone else how they should post or not post. or do we need "proof" thats a good idea?

I think you screwed up who you were quoting Habs30/31. :)

"mt detractors will never be converted and mt supporters will not be converted"

as i have said , agree to disagree. and move on. :thumbs_up:

Actually, we're all supposed to be part of a "community" here, so if you post, you should understand that people are going to read what you write. Have a little respect for your "audience."

Nobody is perfect, but try following at least some of the conventions of spelling, grammar and punctuation.

Here's a good start:

1) The first letters of sentences get capitalized.

2) You should never, and I mean never purport to be a Habs fan and misspell names of players. (With the exception of Josh Gorges).

3) Commas are used to separate "sentence thoughts." If you can make two complete sentences out one sentence, then you need a comma.

4) Elipsis are only three (...) dots long, and should be used sparingly. If we're going to get super technical, there needs to be a space in-between the elipsis and the words that it breaks apart. Ex: "Therrien ... sucks."

You seem to be confused with the terms "discussion" and "debate." Most of us are here for discussion. The great thing about this board is that unlike HIO and EOTP, not every conversation degenerates into pointless arguing. If you look back at the beginning of the "When Does Therrien Get Fired" thread, there were some great points brought up. Unfortunately, a handful of posters with you leading the charge seem dedicated to expressing the same ideas to the point of meta discussion, or actually discussing the board itself, which is a shame.

You can choose to take any, all, or some of this advice that is designed to make you an acceptable HW poster.

• Upvote 1

No comments on Andrighetto being sent down? Beaulieu is next to go where he should dominate and be a star, once the Big Bad Kingston boy and lil Mike are ready! :devil:

Guest Stogey24

Actually, we're all supposed to be part of a "community" here, so if you post, you should understand that people are going to read what you write. Have a little respect for your "audience."

Nobody is perfect, but try following at least some of the conventions of spelling, grammar and punctuation.

Here's a good start:

2) You should never, and I mean never purport to be a Habs fan and misspell names of players. (With the exception of Josh Gorges).

3) Commas are used to separate "sentence thoughts." If you can make two complete sentences out one sentence, then you need a comma.

4) Elipsis are only three (...) dots long, and should be used sparingly. If we're going to get super technical, there needs to be a space in-between the elipsis and the words that it breaks apart. Ex: "Therrien ... sucks."

You seem to be confused with the terms "discussion" and "debate." Most of us are here for discussion. The great thing about this board is that unlike HIO and EOTP, not every conversation degenerates into pointless arguing. If you look back at the beginning of the "When Does Therrien Get Fired" thread, there were some great points brought up. Unfortunately, a handful of posters with you leading the charge seem dedicated to expressing the same ideas to the point of meta discussion, or actually discussing the board itself, which is a shame.

You can choose to take any, all, or some of this advice that is designed to make you an acceptable HW poster.

I love #2. It drives me nuts when I see names misspelled.

No comments on Andrighetto being sent down? Beaulieu is next to go where he should dominate and be a star, once the Big Bad Kingston boy and lil Mike are ready! :devil:

Wow, they sent him down? Really glad he was rewarded from his solid play by going back to the minors.

no we don't want to upset anybody.

OK then.

Sekac is still looking darn good eh and what kind of performance will the Pacioretty-Galchenyk-Gallagher line bring vs the mighty Ducks?

Who is gonna be in net for Habs?

OK then.

Sekac is still looking darn good eh and what kind of performance will the Pacioretty-Galchenyk-Gallagher line bring vs the mighty Ducks?

Who is gonna be in net for Habs?

Gonna be at the game. Sure hope it's Price.

Here's a good start:

Thanks Coach.

Capitals to start a sentence please.

"i just dont understand how a coach with winning .640 winning percentage can take so much crap"

well feel for your lack of understanding but it happens in the NHL.....history does not lie.

Bylsma coach of the pens for 5 seasons. won a stanley cup and had winning percentahes of :

.720 conference finals numerous times, last year lost to rangers in seven. FIRED would that be considered "taking crap"

Pat Quinn had winning records out the ying yang....fired. List goes on and on.

If MT was fired tomorrow, ya might not like it. But it would be easy to understand.............the NHL has shown me over and over coaches do not always have to bottom out in last to get fired. Or have fans wanting a change for that matter.

Hope that was no too critical.

Easy to understand Coach-T being fired tomorrow..I dare say?

I cant see it happening and would be just a bit shocked, maybe is just me being a cheerleader and blinded by my rose-coloured HabGlasses?

Easy to understand Coach-T being fired tomorrow..I dare say?

I cant see it happening and would be just a bit shocked, maybe is just me being a cheerleader and blinded by my rose-coloured HabGlasses?

Oh no i hear you Don. Respect your opinion. Respect your right to it even more. Just that the list of winning coaches that get canned in NHL is a long one. Yes, it likely the glasses. :nuts:

Amazingly, this thread continues to be a de facto 'Therrien sucks' thread. Jeezus Murphy.

Despite 30/31's bizarre argument that coaches get fired willy-nilly irrespective of their success, the fact is that NHL coaches hardly ever get fired when the team is playing up to potential and the young talent is developing on schedule, as is the case here (with the possible exception of Beaulieu).

Therrien will get fired one day. It will likely be when the team under-performs relative to expectations - not just for five games, but over a long stretch. Byslma got fired because the team's playoff results were radically below expectation, not because GMs get a craving to fire successful guys for no reason.

But I don't know why I bother saying it, since reality will never penetrate the bubble of certain axiomatic Therrien-haters.

And for what it's worth, I too am really getting sick of the same old circular, obsessive lines of argument. Therrien evil. DD bad. Got it. Let's all move on, please.

• Upvote 1

How about that hockey game? Yes, hockey was played and our team won! I enjoyed watching our players play and put the puck in the net. I am happy about that and I hope we win our next hockey game. Watching and cheering for my favorite hockey team is something that I like, especially when they are doing well. And I also find it fun to talk about it with others, whether it be someone I see in person or maybe people that share that common interest on an internet fan forum.

Habs seem to play down to their competition, like the second period vs Carolina, anyone else have that feeling?

I expect a hardy effort vs Ducks tonight, best team=best effort?

Going to miss Andrighetto though...

Amazingly, this thread continues to be a de facto 'Therrien sucks' thread. Jeezus Murphy.

Despite 30/31's bizarre argument that coaches get fired willy-nilly irrespective of their success, the fact is that NHL coaches hardly ever get fired when the team is playing up to potential and the young talent is developing on schedule, as is the case here (with the possible exception of Beaulieu).

Therrien will get fired one day. It will likely be when the team under-performs relative to expectations - not just for five games, but over a long stretch. Byslma got fired because the team's playoff results were radically below expectation, not because GMs get a craving to fire successful guys for no reason.

But I don't know why I bother saying it, since reality will never penetrate the bubble of certain axiomatic Therrien-haters.

And for what it's worth, I too am really getting sick of the same old circular, obsessive lines of argument. Therrien evil. DD bad. Got it. Let's all move on, please.

"Therrien sucks therrien haters" When you embellish the way you do (nobody said they hate therrien) just that some believe could be an upgrade at coaching. Yes pitts changed the coach because they did not meet expectation. Quinn was fired with better results from his team than MT gets from his. Just saying its not ludicrous for some to want a better coach for the habs.

Now dont take that personal cc. No hate mail, no "therrien sucks, no human garbage" as you like to put it. Just a mediocre coach doing a mediocre job with a team that has the best goaltender in the world. In my opinion, (i'm sure he is a very nice guy) ok.

I actually don't think Andrighetto is ready for full time nhl duty. It's nice that he produced while he was up, but I think he could do with some more time in the minors. I guess I'm alone here, but he just didn't seem to win battles or have the puck that often. I am impressed with his production in the few games that he played, but I just don't think it would last.

• Upvote 1

I actually don't think Andrighetto is ready for full time nhl duty. It's nice that he produced while he was up, but I think he could do with some more time in the minors. I guess I'm alone here, but he just didn't seem to win battles or have the puck that often. I am impressed with his production in the few games that he played, but I just don't think it would last.

Not alone at all dude, I agree. Just nice to have a Rookie to cheer and hope for.

I'm hopping on the Beaulieu wagon now ;)