Habs sign Reway

kaos

Sign and trade upcoming at draft maybe?

While anything could happen, I wouldn't expect that to occur. It's rare that a team signs a player and then trades him before the new contract begins. I can't think of a time where that has happened with an unsigned prospect.

While anything could happen, I wouldn't expect that to occur. It's rare that a team signs a player and then trades him before the new contract begins. I can't think of a time where that has happened with an unsigned prospect.

Thanks, was wondering if any team pulled that.

They don't see prospect fitting in near future roster, but don't want to let him walk neither. So what other option is there?

Thanks, was wondering if any team pulled that.

They don't see prospect fitting in near future roster, but don't want to let him walk neither. So what other option is there?

They could have waited one more year and tried to sign him then. However, with the potential for UFA status on the horizon at that time, it's also a lot riskier. Signing him was always the safest option.

They could have waited one more year and tried to sign him then. However, with the potential for UFA status on the horizon at that time, it's also a lot riskier. Signing him was always the safest option.

Everything I read was that he was able to walk in June of this year.

Everything I read was that he was able to walk in June of this year.

4 June's past the draft season for international players. Reway, despite being drafted out of North America, qualified for the four year rights because he left major junior within two years. This is the CBA section that pertains to him:

8.6 (a)(ii) If a Player who is drafted as an 18-year-old ceases to play in the Juniors in the second League Year after he has been drafted and the Club has tendered to such Player a Bona Fide Offer pursuant to 8.6(a)(ii), his drafting Club shall have the exclusive right of negotiation for his services until the fourth June 1 following his initial selection in the Entry Draft.

He was drafted in 2013, 4 June's past that is June 1, 2017.

I have to update this with the two recent signings but these are the signing deadlines for each of the unsigned prospects: http://www.habsworld.net/2010/09/habs-prospect-signing-deadlines/

• Upvote 1

And a pretty popular french hockey blog (that I won't name cause I don't want them to have free clicks, cause they are douchebags) has already published a story asking if Martin Reway is gay? They base it on some photos on his facebook with him and another guy named Bruno (nothing explicit, could just be Buddies).

But still my question is...

Why is this a story?

Why do we have stupid blogs speculating if a new signee is gay?

What would be the significance if he was indeed gay? Would it effect his hockey ability?

Why are we having these articles in 2016?

And a pretty popular french hockey blog (that I won't name cause I don't want them to have free clicks, cause they are douchebags) has already published a story asking if Martin Reway is gay? They base it on some photos on his facebook with him and another guy named Bruno (nothing explicit, could just be Buddies).

But still my question is...

Why is this a story?

Why do we have stupid blogs speculating if a new signee is gay?

What would be the significance if he was indeed gay? Would it effect his hockey ability?

Why are we having these articles in 2016?

Because they need a bilingual coach.

What's that you say, makes no sense?

Exactly

Gonna try to embed a tweet here...: Well that didn't work.

Anyways, General Fanager saying:

3 yrs @ $706,666 cap hit

2016: $575,000 base + $92,500 SB
2017: $650,000 + $92,500
2018: $650,000 + $60,000

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm guessing that a gay teammate remains taboo in the NHL. If true, that's grotesque, but there it is.

Don't know a whole lot about Reway, but given some of the rumours about cutting him loose, etc., I'm happy the Habs didn't waste the asset. Yet.

Gonna try to embed a tweet here...: Well that didn't work.

Anyways, General Fanager saying:

3 yrs @ $706,666 cap hit

2016: $575,000 base + $92,500 SB

2017: $650,000 + $92,500

2018: $650,000 + $60,000

That is good GMing cause Mark Down got him for cheap but, I still think he is a head case and can be packaged to get Edmonton's 4 th round pick.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm guessing that a gay teammate remains taboo in the NHL. If true, that's grotesque, but there it is.

Don't know a whole lot about Reway, but given some of the rumours about cutting him loose, etc., I'm happy the Habs didn't waste the asset. Yet.

I look at the Habs roster and I can't see andy of the leaders like PK, Max, Carey, Gallagher, etc... caring about a gay teammate.

I also still think its bull shit to even speculate about what a guy does behind closed doors. Who cares who he is in a consensual relationship with, woman or man?

So long as he can score bunches of goals, I don't care if he is a test tube baby with trans gender parents... :halm:

Because they need a bilingual coach.

What's that you say, makes no sense?

Exactly

You think the language the coach talks to the fans and media is the same as what happens behind closed doors? I don't think the two issues are the same at all.

I disagree with needing a bilingual coach, but I don't see the issue as near the same as this.

The prodigal son is on the way.

Scouting report

http://lastwordonsports.com/2016/05/...eal-canadiens/

Wow, I had no idea about the Drouin Instagram pic; that certainly doesn't bode well.

That being said, I'm glad he's under contract and that there's at least a chance he'll play for us. I've always been impressed with his offensive abilities. We're seriously lacking in that department.

Wow, I had no idea about the Drouin Instagram pic; that certainly doesn't bode well.

That being said, I'm glad he's under contract and that there's at least a chance he'll play for us. I've always been impressed with his offensive abilities. We're seriously lacking in that department.

No kidding! But I really doubt that this coaching staff/management group are ever going to accept a pure offensive talent who has 'character' issues or other holes in his game. I'd expect Reway to go the way of Grabovski - a useful offensive talent thrown on the slag-heap because the team can't be bothered to work with him. Hopefully this is wrong.

Commandant, it's interesting (if unfair) to speculate on which Habs would have no problem with a gay teammate. I agree that Price - who seems wise beyond his years - and Subban would be 100% cool with it. Less certain about stodgy ol' Patches or even Gally. But it's all just guesswork.

I look at the Habs roster and I can't see andy of the leaders like PK, Max, Carey, Gallagher, etc... caring about a gay teammate.

I also still think its bull shit to even speculate about what a guy does behind closed doors. Who cares who he is in a consensual relationship with, woman or man?

Are sheep ok? :rofl: