Feb. 27/28, Charlotte vs Hamilton

dlbalr

This is a crucial back-to-back set for the Bulldogs (26-21-7-0) as they need to get four points against one of the AHL's bottom feeders in Charlotte (20-28-5-1). No word yet on whether or not Dumont is ready to return.

14cha_500.gif

(based on +/- data from previous games)

Sandlak - Holmstrom - Aleardi

Di Giuseppe - Sutter - Boychuk

McGinn - Shugg - Woods

Staal - Brown - Hagel

Biega - Carrick

Lowe - Robertson

Cornell - Schmitz

MacIntyre

14ham_500.gif

Carr - Hudon - Andrighetto

Tangradi - Hensick - Bowman
Macenauer - Dowell - Sorkin
Crisp - Gill - Bakker

Allen - Drewiske

Tinordi - Dietz

Ellis - Shea

Condon

Puck drop is at 7:30 PM; AM900 will have the play-by-play, click the banner below to listen.

2e154dc67e9be434b089b68cd5a4f0de.300.jpg

The Bulldogs had some kind of 1st period...

1. HAM Tangradi, (4) (Andrighetto, Hensick), 5:45
1. HAM Tangradi, (5) (Dumont), 12:50
1. HAM Carr, (17) , 14:02
1. HAM Carr, (18) (Andrighetto, Hudon), 18:39

4-0 good guys in the 3rd.

I thought it was going to be 10-0 based on the first and was surprised Charlotte coach Jeff Daniels didn't pull Drew MacIntyre after the 4th goal

-ex Dog & Hamilton native Kyle Hagel tried to goon it up early in front of his family-some of whom were later thrown out by security

-referee Luxmore is a total tool. Hudon had two penalties neither of which were deserved. Mike Cornell jumped Dan Carr after his first goal and Hudon pushed back. Cornell and Hudon each got two minutes. The interference call on Hudon with less than a minute to go was totally bogus and totally backwards

-I think Jared Staal was seeing birdies after his tustle with Dumont. Gabe really landed one on his chin which really shook him up. 6" height disadvantage meant nothing to Gabriel.

-I'll have to watch the 4th goal attributed to Carr. I thought it was Sven all the way. Originally credited to Sven and changed

-wonder sometimes if cheap beer night is worth it considering the cost in extra security????

-wonder sometimes if cheap beer night is worth it considering the cost in extra security????

LOL!

===

miklin, did Tinordi and Thomas play, and how did they look?

honest to god-you know how much I like the AHL officials but in approx. 5 years, I've never seen an official put the blocks to the team as badly as Alex Garon did working tonight by himself. 7 PPs for Charlotte-1 for Hamilton.

I don't know if you heard any of the post game show but Christian Thomas commented on the lopsided calls. Charlotte tied the game with two Dogs in the Box at the start of the third. Tangradi who had been tackled previously with no call chirped to Garon (on an icing yet) and got a two minute unsportsman like penalty at around 18:50 of the second. Then a scrum after MacDonald was whacked and hacked with ten seconds to go in the second sent only Drewiske to the box for roughing, roughly a minute later. Should have been a slashing call to start things off vs Charlotte. Charlotte's first goal came after a missed cross checking call. I've seen better officiating in Jr B. Wait-Jr B has two referees-something the AHL cannot provide. Wonder if the talent pool is really that shallow.

Cheap stuff from Hagel thrives in a one referee atmosphere. I watched Dumont get his helmut pushed down over his eyes while trying to get to the bench. Countless non calls as the single referee was out of postion. I give up