Feb. 16/24, Utica vs Hamilton

dlbalr

It's a Family Day matinee as this afternoon, the Bulldogs (24-19-6-0) face their first tough opponent in a while in the North Division-leading Utica Comets (29-13-5-1).

14uti_500.gif

(based on +/- data from previous games)

Shinkaruk - Friesen - Jensen

O'Reilly - Jeffrey - Grenier

Zalewski - Gaunce - Bancks

Archibald - Acton - DeFazio

Sanguinetti - Andersson

Biega - Pedan

Huskins - Lafranchise

Markstrom

14ham_500.gif

Carr - Hudon - Andrighetto
Bowman - Hensick - Tangradi
Sorkin - Dumont - Dowell
Gill - Crisp

Tinordi - Drewiske

Allen - Dietz

Bennett - Shea

Finley

Condon

Puck drop is at 1:00 PM; AM900 will have the play-by-play, click the banner below to listen.

2e154dc67e9be434b089b68cd5a4f0de.300.jpg

And Bobby Shea restores that two goal lead moments later. Where did the offensive explosion come from? Aside from Carr, it's all guys on minor league deals too. Assists go to Hudon and Andrighetto.

...And that two goal lead lasts mere moments as Dustin Jeffrey beats Condon on a softie through the wickets.

There was almost four minutes between goals before Andrighetto made it 6-3. There may have been a couple of saves between goals... Hudon had the lone assist, his third point of the game.

Hamilton got a PP shortly after the goal which obviously put an end to their offence. It was Condon who was busy on that man advantage.

Soon after the powerplay ended, Sanguinetti makes it 6-4.

I thought I'd gone to a Junior A game with that score. Final 7-5. Officials called a soft penalty on Tangradi when it was 6-5 with time running down but Dumey got an empty netter from about 175 ft. Nice crowd with family day, etc. Sorry to see Condon's GAA going all to hell the last couple games. Team still seems to have problems winning faceoffs on the few power plays they are awarded.

One thing I wanted to ask you guys-if a team has two players kicked out of the faceoff in succession, is that not a delay of game penalty???. Utica did that just before they scored on Mike.

(re the penalty on Tangradi-it is almost scripted lately that a softee will be called on the team leading by one late in the game. Tangradi was doing a great job shadowing the Utica player and a soft tap on the stick lead to a slashing penalty)

ps-Utica Coach is long time NHL vet Travis Green. Minor league Vet (from the Manitoba Moose days) Nolan Baumgartner is a Utica assistant

I thought I'd gone to a Junior A game with that score. Final 7-5. Officials called a soft penalty on Tangradi when it was 6-5 with time running down but Dumey got an empty netter from about 175 ft. Nice crowd with family day, etc. Sorry to see Condon's GAA going all to hell the last couple games. Team still seems to have problems winning faceoffs on the few power plays they are awarded.

One thing I wanted to ask you guys-if a team has two players kicked out of the faceoff in succession, is that not a delay of game penalty???. Utica did that just before they scored on Mike.

(re the penalty on Tangradi-it is almost scripted lately that a softee will be called on the team leading by one late in the game. Tangradi was doing a great job shadowing the Utica player and a soft tap on the stick lead to a slashing penalty)

ps-Utica Coach is long time NHL vet Travis Green. Minor league Vet (from the Manitoba Moose days) Nolan Baumgartner is a Utica assistant

Great to hear they filled the net and too bad for Condon, but yes 2 centres being waived is a penalty.

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1014215 :1banana:

It should be, yes. Was it the centre that jumped or one of the wingers?

Edit: Don beats me to the banana by seconds.

Sorry for steppin on your toes sir.

But great to see Hudon and Andrighetto have big games and Dumont continues to roll.

Don't worry about toe stepping, the banana is a board tradition though I seem to be the one carrying it on more than anyone the last couple of years.

OK, more specifically, not from this computer.

That seems a little weird. Anyone should be able to post links at the very least. The odd browser setting can sometimes mess up the smileys from appearing but if you really want to use the banana, you can still type in the code ':1 banana' (no space between the 1 and the b though).

It's an hour before game time and I don't feel like starting a new thread so let's use this one instead. Tangradi's in for Dumont, Crisp is in for Finley as the Bulldogs go back to a usual 12/6 lineup. Condon starts while Markstrom won't for Utica after being recalled.