Sept. 26, Habs vs Avs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This "Habs" team has no business beating that Colorado team. This is basically the Bulldogs, a couple OHLers, a couple of fourth liners, and a couple guys on PTOs. And yet they're playing great...

The avalanche have been terrible this exhibition.

Doesn't mean a thing, but still interesting when many are predicting that last year was an anomaly and they might not make the playoffs this year.

I think they'll regress, but not as hard as the stats guys think. Maybe they get 98-102 points. I don't think they're on the same level as the Laffs, but that comparison can be made because of the strengths/weaknesses of both teams.

Jacques Demers can't recall having seen so much talented young players in the Habs organization. Mario Tremblay agrees with him. I do too.

The first Gainey rebuild had a lot of talent with AK-46, Higgins etc, but I have a better feeling about these guys than the Kostitsyn sisters learning from Kovalev. Bergevin/MT have done a great job changing the culture of the organization.

I think they'll regress, but not as hard as the stats guys think. Maybe they get 98-102 points. I don't think they're on the same level as the Laffs, but that comparison can be made because of the strengths/weaknesses of both teams.

If Tyson Barrie hadn't gotten injured in the first round, I firmly believe that Colorado would have been a conference final-bound team.

Watching the highlights, so much was made by Sekac.

That kid is proof that sometimes you're just a late bloomer.

I don't know his ceiling. It's only exhibition but I could see 40 points from him without PP time. More importantly he's been playing a lot of RW when he's a left winger naturally. Meaning our depth issue on the left when Galchenyuk moves to center would be filled by him.

With all cylinders pumping, we have three legitimate scoring lines. Fun time to be a Habs fan.

"Cakes" looks great... I've had the privilege of watching all 3 preseason games on RDS game in an hour... which you can watch outside the quebec region BTW.

Its a no brainer that Jiri has already made this team! in fact he was arguably the best player on both sides last night. his puck possession skills are fantastic and he does not look like a rookie out there at all.

"Cakes" looks great... I've had the privilege of watching all 3 preseason games on RDS game in an hour... which you can watch outside the quebec region BTW.

I assume you mean the Canadiens Express 1 hour recap?

Thanks a lot guys for the great posts...and the info that RDS will offer the gmae in an hour in the Toronto - Ontario area. I still have to put the TV season together. 82 games is insanity for nay sport but I don't want to miss any. Now...about that parade... I like St. Catherine who is , I presume the patron saint of the team. Then a left turn onto.... :hyper::clap: