Q & A with Hamilton PBP voice Derek Wills

dlbalr

I'm pleased to announce that Derek Wills, the play-by-play voice of the Hamilton Bulldogs, will be doing a Q & A session with us in the coming days. Due to the chat site we used before becoming pay-per-use, we won't be doing this via the live format that we've done in past years; instead we'll do it via e-mail and I'll post his answers.

If you have any questions you'd like Derek to answer about the Bulldogs or any of the prospects, please post them here. I need to get the questions to him in the next couple of days so he has time to look at them prior to the home-and-home with Toronto later this week.

Why is Louis Leblanc starting on the third line? Or is a Darryl Boyce/Louis Leblanc line considered among the Dogs top 6?

There were a number of tryouts, what did Corbin show the coaches that had him make the club? What was the difference for him?

One of the pet peeves of the former regime was the lack of imformation flowing. Derek can you comment on if there is any gag order, or people that are off limits to interview; with it appearing that there may several higher-ups spending significant time in Hamilton this year? Could he comment on the situation last year?

Maybe way too early to tell but;

Any bet on whether Gallgher will be a Gionta/Skinner "type", or just a super productive junior and AHLer like a Cory Locke/Nigel Dawes?

Is Nattinen a pretty safe bet for future 4th line centre with Habs/NHL?

Who is likely most NHL ready d-man, of the rookie d group, for injury call-up? Pateryn?

Some great questions so far, I've added them to my ongoing log. Some of the wording has been modified to blend with other questions that have been submitted. Please note that there are circumstances where commenting on players, specifically in a ranking scenario, can get him into trouble so ones like that will likely be passed over.

I'll be sending these in the next few hours (in between trying to get another article ready for the site) so if you haven't added your questions yet (or wish to ask more), please post them ASAP.

• 2 weeks later...

I sent Derek 18 questions, all but 1 were answered (and that was because it had been covered in a previous response). I'm going to post the answers in two parts - Part 1 (link below) will cover thoughts on training camp and the off-ice staff while Part 2 (next week) will predominantly cover the players.

http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=2935