George Parros to Montreal for Phillipe Lefebvre and a 7th in 2014

How can you complain about this one. Parros is a solid enforcer, makes under a million and we got him for a 7th round pick and an AHLer who we got as a free agent.

Plus, as Trizz says, can't wait to see that 'stache on the ice.

haha from John Lu, via twitter:

#Habs fans will be happy to have a George who will fight.

Terrible acquisition. The price is right, the player is not. I have Panther's season tickets, Parros intimidates NO ONE. He doesn't check and is totally useless on the ice. His only function is to fight the 5-7 Super Heavyweights in the league like Orr, MacClaren, Westgarth. This move, to me, is ten times worse than Laraque. We used to call him "Gentle George" at the BB and T. This guy is the worst kind of goon, he is strictly for staged fighting, at no point does Parros fight to stand up for teammates, in fact, he is not on the ice long enough for the situation to arise. Bergevin Year Two is much, much different from Bergevin Year One.

Could the Habs have given up any less? A useless minor leaguer and a 7th (wonder if it's Florida's 7th from the draft), that's about as cheap as it gets.

If only they could have given up the rights to Mayer...

Good question. Where does he fit?

4th line center or 4th line RW.

13th forward with an awesome mustache. His only use is for goon games so people will stop complaining about Montreal being overpowered and not tough enough. That said, I'd just prefer every Hab to turtle in every fight attempt with a goon to take the two minute powerplay.

Terrible acquisition. The price is right, the player is not. I have Panther's season tickets, Parros intimidates NO ONE. He doesn't check and is totally useless on the ice. His only function is to fight the 5-7 Super Heavyweights in the league like Orr, MacClaren, Westgarth. This move, to me, is ten times worse than Laraque. We used to call him "Gentle George" at the BB and T. This guy is the worst kind of goon, he is strictly for staged fighting, at no point does Parros fight to stand up for teammates, in fact, he is not on the ice long enough for the situation to arise. Bergevin Year Two is much, much different from Bergevin Year One.

Every 5 minutes that Shawn Thornton spends in the box worths Lefebvre and a 7th rounder.

Parros will play be in the lineup to play Boston and Toronto, that's easily worth the cost we paid, his salary and having to carry him as the 13th forward.

Guest Stogey24

I loved the move myself when the Panthers made it, but after seeing "Useless George" in action, I quickly changed my mind. In fact, this is more ammunition for the Habs fans who don't want tough hockey. The guy isn't even mean.

What ever bud. George can throw.

Cost us essentially nothing. Dont expect him to play very much but good to have some toughness. Hope he doesn't turn out like our last experiment with Georges Laraque

To be fair, he knows more than we do about him being a Panthers' season ticket holder.

Thanks...and unless he had a four month sunburn from Lauderdale by the Sea, you will hate this deal as much as I do by early December.

Reactions aside, there's a serious upside with him, now that Prust doesn't have to go with the Fraser MacClaren's of the league.

Let's hope George turns it around in Montreal. I doubt he'll play in every game, but just to have him around against Boston and Toronto is Good!