Remember hockey? Hurricanes @ Bell Centre, 7:30PM EST

Guest Stogey24

I actually don't think Andrighetto is ready for full time nhl duty. It's nice that he produced while he was up, but I think he could do with some more time in the minors. I guess I'm alone here, but he just didn't seem to win battles or have the puck that often. I am impressed with his production in the few games that he played, but I just don't think it would last.

Exactly, don't THINK it would last. Play the guy until the fire burns out, then send him down. In my opinion its a bad move by management

Watch Andrighetto here in Hamilton. Makes up for his lack of size by playing very smart energy game. Never takes a shift off. Never gives up on a play. If he brought size with him I do believe he would stick with the big club. Habs are moving away from the "smurf era"

Any one have a progress report on Macarren in London?

Exactly, don't THINK it would last. Play the guy until the fire burns out, then send him down. In my opinion its a bad move by management

The Habs were right against the cap with Andrighetto up (~$721 under the daily spending limit of nearly $371,000). If you're trying to free up cap space to make another trade, you can't be carrying too many extra players. Now that Eller has been cleared for contact, someone needed to go down. It could have been Tangradi but they'd much rather have him as a depth forward than a youngster. Andrighetto played alright but was more opportunistic than anything. That seldom lasts long.

Watch Andrighetto here in Hamilton. Makes up for his lack of size by playing very smart energy game. Never takes a shift off. Never gives up on a play. If he brought size with him I do believe he would stick with the big club. Habs are moving away from the "smurf era"

Any one have a progress report on Macarren in London?

McCarron's having a nice year. He's in much better shape physically which is important given that he's typically on the top line. He also is adapting well to playing C.

• Upvote 1

well feel for your lack of understanding but it happens in the NHL.....history does not lie.

Bylsma coach of the pens for 5 seasons. won a stanley cup and had winning percentahes of :

.720 conference finals numerous times, last year lost to rangers in seven. FIRED would that be considered "taking crap"

Pat Quinn had winning records out the ying yang....fired. List goes on and on.

If MT was fired tomorrow, ya might not like it. But it would be easy to understand.............the NHL has shown me over and over coaches do not always have to bottom out in last to get fired. Or have fans wanting a change for that matter.

You can't compare the Habs to the Pens. The Pens were/are a powerhouse with the two best players in the league...which is not the case for Montreal. (at least it wasn't over the past 2 season)

Hope that was no too critical.

Nah, that was fine! ;)

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

The Habs were right against the cap with Andrighetto up (~$721 under the daily spending limit of nearly $371,000). If you're trying to free up cap space to make another trade, you can't be carrying too many extra players. Now that Eller has been cleared for contact, someone needed to go down. It could have been Tangradi but they'd much rather have him as a depth forward than a youngster. Andrighetto played alright but was more opportunistic than anything. That seldom lasts long

For a team that's desperate for goal scoring I still question the demotion.

As noted by CC, successful coaches don't just get fired. The only recent case I can remember is Jullien who was abruptly fired by the devils just before the playoffs.

Bylsma was fired because his Penguins were perennial Stanley Cup favorites and kept getting beaten without reaching the final--excepting of course his initial SC championship year. Regular season winning actually contributes to a coach's firing when the team doesn't win in the playoffs.

Therrien will get fired when the Canadiens under achieve dramatically in the regular season and miss the playoffs OR when they fail to meet expectations in the playoffs, until then he's going nowhere.

Next topic, please

I would have liked to see Andrighetto get a chance to see what he could do against the behemoths of Anaheim

I would have preferred sending Tangardi down. I'd rather keep someone up while they are being opportunistic with the chances they are getting.

They have Prust, Weisse, malhotra as energy guys an if they are healthy, there is no room for Tangardi.

If we are up against the cap, I'd also rather reward a call up that is producing and send down Bournival - despite how much I like him.

The Habs were right against the cap with Andrighetto up (~$721 under the daily spending limit of nearly $371,000). If you're trying to free up cap space to make another trade, you can't be carrying too many extra players. Now that Eller has been cleared for contact, someone needed to go down. It could have been Tangradi but they'd much rather have him as a depth forward than a youngster. Andrighetto played alright but was more opportunistic than anything. That seldom lasts long.

McCarron's having a nice year. He's in much better shape physically which is important given that he's typically on the top line. He also is adapting well to playing C.

As noted by CC, successful coaches don't just get fired. The only recent case I can remember is Jullien who was abruptly fired by the devils just before the playoffs.

Bylsma was fired because his Penguins were perennial Stanley Cup favorites and kept getting beaten without reaching the final--excepting of course his initial SC championship year. Regular season winning actually contributes to a coach's firing when the team doesn't win in the playoffs.

Therrien will get fired when the Canadiens under achieve dramatically in the regular season and miss the playoffs OR when they fail to meet expectations in the playoffs, until then he's going nowhere.

Next topic, please

I would have liked to see Andrighetto get a chance to see what he could do against the behemoths of Anaheim

lol. "next topic please". You guys keep saying that, after you bring up the topic.

"Therrien will be fired when the canadiens under achieve or fail to meet expectations" (like he was his last two jobs)

THATS WHAT SOME HAVE BEEN SAYING WILL HAPPEN AGAIN. Thats all.

Next topic please. :nuts:

Actually, I wasn't bringing up the topic again, I was refuting your, false, assertion about Bylsma.

About Therrien :surrender:

For a team that's desperate for goal scoring I still question the demotion.

I do too. Especially a team that sends players down saying "they have to be better" Then when a guy is, they send him down. The politics in the room play into it too. Who do you sit that also deserves to play? Tough decisions can always be questioned. It is a good problem to have. One the habs have not had the luxury of in some time. Size is still a big strike against the kid. When Mcarren and his big frame comes up, If he gets 3 points in his first 3 games he wont be on his way to hamilton, you can bet on that.

Actually, I wasn't bringing up the topic again, I was refuting your, false, asserting about Bylsma :surrender:about Therrien

as i was doing refuting a coach with a .640 per centage" should not be considered for firing. "Refuting" ok for everybody is it not?

I think Brian has the inside scoop on Andrigetto, it is a cap move. He will be up again. Some of the reason the young guys aren't getting as much time in the bigs as some of us would like, is that this team has been incredibly healthy. We have been very fortunate all year long. Touch wood that continues. :habslogo:

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

I do too. Especially a team that sends players down saying "they have to be better" Then when a guy is, they send him down. The politics in the room play into it too. Who do you sit that also deserves to play? Tough decisions can always be questioned. It is a good problem to have. One the habs have not had the luxury of in some time. Size is still a big strike against the kid. When Mcarren and his big frame comes up, If he gets 3 points in his first 3 games he wont be on his way to hamilton, you can bet on that.

Yup, this is where the Gonchar and Allen contracts hurt.

Essentially, it is a cap move. We should not make a big fuss out of it. The young guy will get a better chance soon.

• Upvote 1

After giving it sometime, I'm of the same mind on Gonchar as I was the day he arrived. Habs really have no use for him. Gautiers habs yes, MB's habs absolutely not.

Well to me it was a way of getting Moen's salary off the books for next year, as well as to get rid of Moen who they really have no place for. Also I saw it as maybe a desperation move to help the power play and maybe solidify the defence. We don't want to get into the power play, some people are very sensitive about it being as crappy as it is. As to solidifying the defence, I can't see that it is any better than before, and I would say that Allen's only positive is that we got rid of Bourque. Gilbert doesn't look any better than the kids. So they are all probably 1 and done. :habslogo:

Sorry Habs Rule and 30/31

When I read my own post I was wondering how I might have typed it.

It should have read: " I was refuting your, false, assertion about Blysma. About Therrien: surrender (White flag Gif which failed to load) :surrender:

Does everyone think Gonchar has been bad?

I think he has been better than I expected in his own zone, and that shot and hockey sense is still elite, would be nice if he hit the net more, but

we have had much worse defensemen in the last few years than Gonchar.

I guess I should say, I've noticed him for good plays he makes, more than mstakes he makes...

• Upvote 1

Does everyone think Gonchar has been bad?I think he has been better than I expected in his own zone, and that shot and hockey sense is still elite, would be nice if he hit the net more, butwe have had much worse defensemen in the last few years than Gonchar.I guess I should say, I've noticed him for good plays he makes, more than mstakes he makes...

He has been a great team player so far. Early at practice, working with Chucky and Beaulieu, in particular. A big plus IMO.

• Upvote 1

Sorry Habs Rule and 30/31

When I read my own post I was wondering how I might have typed it.

It should have read: " I was refuting your, false, assertion about Blysma. About Therrien: surrender (White flag Gif which failed to load) :surrender:

:)

Does everyone think Gonchar has been bad?

I think he has been better than I expected in his own zone, and that shot and hockey sense is still elite, would be nice if he hit the net more, but

we have had much worse defensemen in the last few years than Gonchar.

I guess I should say, I've noticed him for good plays he makes, more than mstakes he makes...

I don't think he has been that bad, I just don't think he brings much more than the kids do. But I do understand the trade. (I think)

Guest Stogey24

After giving it sometime, I'm of the same mind on Gonchar as I was the day he arrived. Habs really have no use for him. Gautiers habs yes, MB's habs absolutely not.

We brought him in to play the power play and he has one point on it.

P.A has played 65 minutes on the power play and has 3 points, while Sekac has played 12 minutes of PP time and also has 3 points. Is that not telling you something?