UFA/RFA Habs: Who do you want back?

Trizzak

Wiese is a good guy, loves Montreal, will work for cheap. Giter done!

Booo! Habs have 27 bottom six players already, but maybe you just cant have enough mediocre skilled player depth?

Booo! Habs have 27 bottom six players already, but maybe you just cant have enough mediocre skilled player depth?

It's what Le Genius knows. He loves the grinders, no fancy pants scoring machines for him. :nuts:

Wiese is a good guy, loves Montreal, will work for cheap. Giter done!

Will he? It's believed his contract demands were believed to be more than what the Habs were willing to pay (in the $3+ million/year range). Obviously his time with Chicago will bring that down but by how much?

Will he? It's believed his contract demands were believed to be more than what the Habs were willing to pay (in the $3+ million/year range). Obviously his time with Chicago will bring that down but by how much?

$3 mil per for Weisse?!? :rofl:

who the heck thought he was worth 3 mill? He is a 1 mill a year guy. Did he let the Dutch Gretzky go to his head? At 3 mill he can fork off and stay forked off.

who the heck thought he was worth 3 mill? He is a 1 mill a year guy. Did he let the Dutch Gretzky go to his head? At 3 mill he can fork off and stay forked off.

He agent may argue that he was on a 20.5g pace with the Habs.

He agent may argue that he was on a 20.5g pace with the Habs.

and his agent may have some mental problems we should look at. He is a good guy but 3 mill? no forking way.

and his agent may have some mental problems we should look at. He is a good guy but 3 mill? no forking way.

I want no part of him neither, just saying why he may ask for too much.

I'd sign him for half that (1.5). But I say that without having studied the 'comparables' for a player of his profle.

Yeah 1 to 1.5, he just isn't worth more than that.

• 3 weeks later...

We know of four RFA's that have already received a qualifying offer - Andrighetto, Barberio, Carr, and Danault. The other six still have another four weeks to receive theirs (if they haven't already).

Renaud Lavoie reported last night the Habs have interest in retaining Bartley and Brown among their UFA's. He also noted that Gilbert isn't likely to be offered a contract (or Scrivens, which should come as no surprise).

http://fr.canoe.ca/sports/nouvelles/hockey/canadiens/archives/2016/05/20160514-095103.html

Brown - ugh.

Brown - ugh.

His agent denied that they've had any talks (as of a couple of weeks ago). Believe me, I'm hoping that they don't bring him back. The article that mentioned the QO's today also had a blurb at the bottom suggesting that Brown (plus Gilbert and Bartley) will all test the market July 1st.

Why? Brown played really well.

He was great at taking dumb penalties and bringing back staged fighting which is something I personally grew tired of very quickly. Brown's speed gives him a weapon most goons don't have but he's not talented enough a player to justify bringing him back, especially with the amount of bottom six guys on the roster already.

Guest Stogey24

I was pretty happy with Mitchell this year. His feet still move too fast for his brain, but he showed some grit and stood up for his teammates a couple times.

I do think Bergevin will add a bigger body for the bottom 6 though , and move someone out.

Yeah, if you were going to employ a dummy, White would be the dummy I would choose over Brown...hope he isn't considered in 16/17's roster plan.