UFA/RFA Habs: Who do you want back?

Trizzak

I'm surprised by Dietz

I'm also surprised that this seemed to be league wide. So many players didn't get QOs, including DSP (who habs fans freaked out about getting 13 points in 18 games with New Jersey), and Joe Colborne (39 points in Calgary).

Heck we could sign Colborne, it would be like drafting Logan Brown and Mikhail Sergachev.

I'm surprised by Dietz

I'm also surprised that this seemed to be league wide. So many players didn't get QOs, including DSP (who habs fans freaked out about getting 13 points in 18 games with New Jersey), and Joe Colborne (39 points in Calgary).

Heck we could sign Colborne, it would be like drafting Logan Brown and Mikhail Sergachev.

Even Ellis I thought would be back with IceCaps at least?

Colborne ended the year on quite a stretch too, 26pts points over the last 33 games. Quite a few interesting players out there.

Talk to Flames fans and he went on a hot streak. Too many on the outside see him as a big centre as well and don't realize he rarely plays centre anymore and rarely uses his size.

Perhaps Bergevin is clearing some space on defense in the AHL to add a veteran or two that are more NHL ready for depth or spot duty. I thought Deitz would've been a guy that they brought back for depth (he wasn't all that bad in the NHL last year), but maybe he has someone else in mind. Another Barberio type perhaps?

Talk to Flames fans and he went on a hot streak. Too many on the outside see him as a big centre as well and don't realize he rarely plays centre anymore and rarely uses his size.

I'll be honest, the only reason I know that fact is that I picked him up in my fantasy league to end the year. I'll admit to not watching many Flames games. 33 games, or whatever it was, is a bit of a streak, though.

LeBrun's original report was that Weise's camp is talking to Montreal but would have to name the right price for the Habs to consider.

He was reportedly looking for a 2+ mil extension last year?

I would take him for 1.2-1.5... so long as remembers that physical play got him a role on the Habs, not the dream of being a top 6 finesse guy he thought he should be.

BTW, like your new avatar MoLG!

LeBrun's original report was that Weise's camp is talking to Montreal but would have to name the right price for the Habs to consider.

So maybe that idiot Bergevin traded Subban so he can use the money on Weisse.

So maybe that idiot Bergevin traded Subban so he can use the money on Weisse.

I wouldn't mind a 4th line of Byron-Mitchell-Weise. Sub in Flynn when someone gets hurt. Weise is also a pretty good penalty killer.

Bournival to Tampa. 1 year, 2 way, $575 000

Say goodbye to the NHL Mr. Bournival, but good luck.

PK SUBBAN. I want him back. :cry_smile:

Don't cry...man-up, he may be a UFA on July 1st 2022 and Habs G.M. Patrick Roy may make an offer on him. :devil:

The interesting thing is I do not believe that we signed even 1 of our ufa's so what does that tell us about our dept. Like everybody else wants them but we don't? Either they ain't that good or we don't value them that much.

The interesting thing is I do not believe that we signed even 1 of our ufa's so what does that tell us about our dept. Like everybody else wants them but we don't? Either they ain't that good or we don't value them that much.

Most of the ones that have signed elsewhere are depth/fringe guys. Lots of teams let quite a few of those go and they've played musical chairs this offseason in the hopes that the odd one finds another level in the new organization. That's not really an indictment of a staff but rather just trying someone else and hoping for a better result instead of more of the same.

Most of the ones that have signed elsewhere are depth/fringe guys. Lots of teams let quite a few of those go and they've played musical chairs this offseason in the hopes that the odd one finds another level in the new organization. That's not really an indictment of a staff but rather just trying someone else and hoping for a better result instead of more of the same.

But we did not sign even 1?