Habs sign Alex Radulov

dlbalr

Well, he's a top six winger at least. This is right out of nowhere, especially since Detroit as of five minutes earlier seemed to be the favourite. The Radulov to KHL deal apparently was a false report.

Someone will surely say it so I may as well get it out there - did Weber, his ex-teammate, help swing a deal?

That's crazy. I'm fine with it. Outside of his personality, I hope he can still score goals like he used to. Another (former) Predator.

Guest Stogey24

I like it, but I don't understand all this shit about character players, then he signs this knuckle head.

Guest Stogey24

I really don't get it keep talking about character/leadership and trade away Subban. Then add this guy who apparently Weber isn't too fond of.

We're on the same page ^

So the Habs didn't like subban's character, trade him away and sign basket case me player radulov???? I like the player and his skill set, but really???????

Alexander Radulov has signed with Montreal. Travis Yost (@travisyost) July 1, 2016

So the Habs didn't like subban's character, trade him away and sign basket case me player radulov???? I like the player and his skill set, but really???????

:rofl:

Dumb and Dumber keep getting Dumber and Dumberer.

Radulov is the most talented free agent in this class not named Steven Stamkos.
I've wanted him for a while

OK, OK. I agree that this is an excellent signing in hockey terms. A RW with top-line talent? No question.

The problem is that he flies in the face of what this management group supposedly believes in. He's not a robot. In fact, unlike Subban, he has actually behaved in ways that show him not to be a 'team player.'

WTF? Does this organization even know what it's doing?

I like the skill he brings, but after moving subban because he did his own thing and isn't liked by his teammates, signing radulov makes no sense - especially with his old captain now on the team.

Radulov is the most talented free agent in this class not named Steven Stamkos.

I've wanted him for a while

http://lastwordonsports.com/2015/06/01/the-montreal-canadiens-should-sign-alexander-radulov/

OK, OK. I agree that this is an excellent signing in hockey terms. A RW with top-line talent? No question.

The problem is that he flies in the face of what this management group supposedly believes in. He's not a robot. In fact, unlike Subban, he has actually behaved in ways that show him not to be a 'team player.'

I agree there is no denying this guy is highly talented and skilled. The main problem is this is the exact type of player Therrien seems to hate.

With the rumors of Ladd to islanders, lucic to edmonton, eriksson to vancouver, Okposo to Minn/Buffalo, and Stamkos already in Tampa this to me seems like a panic move by MB.

Nope, they are friggin clueless. How long will it be before he is in le genius's doghouse?

Call me skeptical, but I won't believe this until I see an official release.

If it's true, and the terms are decent, then I'm happy. Legit top 3 skill and from what I've heard, he's matured off the ice.

has this been confirmed ? tsn is reporting that its just a rumour on twitter...

Even if is a total head-case, don't you want him instead of Weise. Byron playing top six minutes? If Molson wants to risk paying the dude, what can you do.

Call me skeptical, but I won't believe this until I see an official release.

If it's true, and the terms are decent, then I'm happy. Legit top 3 skill and from what I've heard, he's matured off the ice.

Exactly, that's the thing. He's only 29 and hasn't played a full season in the NHL in 8 years. It's not hard to fathom that he's matured in some respects. I don't expect that he's an angel but the character thing is too much. Literally the same people who complained that Bergevin traded Subban BECAUSE of character issues are the ones complaining about Radulov's character issues.

Either way, there's a difference between having problems with someone who has already been in your locker room for 5+ years and introducing new blood. Say in one case, the individual has a hereditary disposal of developing cancer but the outcome will depend on his environment whereas the other one already has cancer.

All that being said, I don't personally buy this character thing as being the sole reason Subban got shipped. I know the entire world seems to think so but that just seems to be the rational justification of a move very few can comprehend; not a proven fact.