Habs sign Al Montoya

dlbalr

Condon would have to make it through waivers first for that to happen. (And that's only if there isn't a trade between now and then too.)

I think someone has to go. I still say MB has more up his sleeve.

I think someone has to go. I still say MB has more up his sleeve.

I wouldn't be shocked if they go with the five. They try to sneak Condon through as extra injury depth and then as Stogey noted, that likely pushes Lindgren to Brampton to get #1 ice time (which isn't a bad idea at all).

Edit: Bergevin mentioned Montoya/Condon battling for the #2 job in camp which might suggest there isn't anything in the works trade-wise.

I think this is an upgrade over Condon. Montoya has played well as a backup during his career. Of course last year's experience may have helped Condon in his development as well. It will be interesting to see who wins the backup job next season. My guess is Montoya.

Since 2004, a grand total of two goalies have been picked in the top-10 in the draft: Carey Price (2005 - MTL, 5th overall) and Al Montoya (2004 - NYR, 6th overall).

2003- Fleury went #1, kind of a run on picking goalies early for those three years.