Feb. 27, 2013 - Habs @ Leafs

bar

This is completely unfair, but Price needs to make some game savers. Even that second goal was savable. We watched Bishop make several of them just like it. Its tough when you are getting so little action but this team needs the miracle save right now.

the penalty shot was a game saver. At some point the forwards need to start burying their chances.

Habsfan-I'm the same way as you. Can't stand to watch the idiot Toronto centric broadcasters and unfortunately, Cogeco dropped RDS from our package. I just check the scores every once in a while and hope for the best. Will listen to Bartlett late in the game if we're ahead. Pass the tylenol.

I've always had a conspiracy theory too that it always seems if the Leafs are behind by a goal late in a game, the opposing team will get a trivial penalty.

Well I finally cheated. I get an alarm on my phone from RDS everytime the Habs score. I started watching the game just as Paciorrety scored the 4th goal. I think I woke up the neighbors, i screamed so loud!

From now on, I think everytime the Habs play the leafs, it should be in Toronto! Is it just me or do we usually do better at the ACC vs the Bell Centre?

by the way, what an awesome goal by MaxPac!!!

Leafs are so dirty.... Boarding... Trying to get peope to fight all night.... I hope the habs ignore them and just score..

Five minutes.... This is huge... Need some big goals here.

All I could do was laugh when Prust challenged Phaneuf. Phaneuf dropped his stick and shook his gloves like he was going to drop them, then picked up his stick once shit got real. Wish we were up 3 goals at that point so Prust could of just decked him.

how was grabs knocking Price down not a penalty???

I counted 3 times leafs ran price and not 1 goalie interference call in the game. Leafs will thrive with this type of officiating, their built to be a team on the edge, but with players that will frequently cross it. If it's not getting called they have a good chance of winning. The last couple of years they were getting call for most of their crap, resulting in more losses because of PP goals.

it's really hard being a fan of a team from outside of Toronto with 99% of the English broadcast media centred there and with teams owned by said broadcast media. Being from Oakville, twenty miles west of Hogtown, I never got caught up in the propaganda, even though graduating from college there (Ryerson). Maybe my hatred of con man Leaf owner Harold Ballard had something to do with it and how he fubared the Hamilton Tiger Cats.

I will give Sportsnet some credit as Bob McCown's *Fadoo Productions have produced an excellent series on the Saskatoon Blades, coached by ex Hamilton Bulldog coach Lorne Molliken. McCown refuses to drink the company Kool Aid which is refreshing. I think it helps too that a couple of McCowns panel members-Steve Brunt and Damien Cox-are both from Hamilton and it is just far enough away from Toronto that they've developed a bit more of an outsiders view (and perhaps more neutral as a result).

*Fadoo Productions came from his favourite expression about "Not giving a flying fadoo!"