Habs trade Smith-Pelly to NJ

dlbalr

Sure, if he falls on hard times, have empathy for him of course, but he shouldn't have to end up on skid row with only couple hundred grand in the bank.

He knows trades are part of business, especially as part-time fringe player, so being shipped out or going unsigned this summer shouldn't be a huge shock.

I don't expect much out of Matteau, his AHL numbers are pretty dreadful. Honestly Smith-Pelly is the guy who seems like he has more NHL upside. But who cares; I wanted him gone to make room for the youth. The question now is whether we'll actually make room for the youth, or just continually bring in fourth-line vets.

I don't expect much out of Matteau, his AHL numbers are pretty dreadful. Honestly Smith-Pelly is the guy who seems like he has more NHL upside. But who cares; I wanted him gone to make room for the youth. The question now is whether we'll actually make room for the youth, or just continually bring in fourth-line vets.

I think the pay roll has gone down on our bottom 6 since last season hasn't it?

Posturing for UFA acquisition?

Really though. Looking at that Devil's roster at the beginning of the season. I'd have been mad being sent to Junior, too.

I was hoping that him coming to a French environment would change his demeanor. But Joel Bouchard had issues with him.

Hopefully he can mature being under the microscope here in town.

*Kostopolous still losing fights :rofl:

Really though. Looking at that Devil's roster at the beginning of the season. I'd have been mad being sent to Junior, too.

I was hoping that him coming to a French environment would change his demeanor. But Joel Bouchard had issues with him.

Hopefully he can mature being under the microscope here in town.

*Kostopolous still losing fights :rofl:

Not just losing, mind you. Losing them all.

Just saw the smith-Pelley post-trade talk with the media for the first time. The guy was truly choked up. He really loved that room, made me like him more for being real honestly. Good luck to the fella in NJ!