May 29th, Habs @ Rangers 8 PM

It was a well fought series, Rags out played us. The better team won and I am ok with it. I have no gripes this year which is not like me as some of you know. This season I can't blame the team for lack of heart or effort. They fought hard and gave their all so I am proud of them. Good season Habs, we will be better next year!

Tokarski to Edmonton for a top 6 winger?

I could see the Jets wanting Tokarski instead of say Reimer.

The last 3 Stars of the season is now up: http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=3409

On a completely unrelated note, is anyone else a bit bothered by the fact that Subban's on Twitter less than 45 minutes after the game ended to push for his NHL 15 cover bid? After just getting eliminated, one of his first thoughts/actions is to re-tweet something on Twitter about RT'ing for votes? I find this whole campaign ridiculous (and the Habs' official Twitter page is, simply put, embarrassing itself) so maybe that's clouding my thoughts here. It just doesn't sit right with me though.

Good post-mortem sir.

I doubt Subban will ever be the team guy as a Price, Gorges, Gionta, Plekanec, Tinordi seem to be.

But, Ty Cobb/Emmitt Smith were total a-holes, but the SOBs were great players, so a bit of self-promotion by Subban isn't a shock and if he plays exactly same next year is fine by me (but those who keep proposing Subban for captain, it aint gonna happen).

Was so nice to see Eller, Bourque have a nice finish to season after being slagged all year (I still would be looking to ship out Rene, but besides the point)

Overall am very pleased with general reaction by HabFans and 'proud' seems to be word of the day, which is super to see.

Go Rangers Go! (would be nice story for St Louis & Moore to get a cup and have always been a fan of Alain V, who does best press conferences of any coach I think)

Subban spends the Boston series showing he tries to take the attention off the other players and puts it on himself because he can handle it. Gets praised for it. Montreal just gets eliminated. Subban tries to take the sadness of losing away from the fans by pushing a meaningless EA Sports campaign which actually won't decide who will get the cover. Gets villified for it.

Can't win even in his own city.

Subban spends the Boston series showing he tries to take the attention off the other players and puts it on himself because he can handle it. Gets praised for it. Montreal just gets eliminated. Subban tries to take the sadness of losing away from the fans by pushing a meaningless EA Sports campaign which actually won't decide who will get the cover. Gets villified for it.

Can't win even in his own city.

Villified? It was a small blurb with a note where I said it may just be because I'm annoyed with the campaign that it bugs me. That's hardly villifying a player.

Villified? It was a small blurb with a note where I said it may just be because I'm annoyed with the campaign that it bugs me. That's hardly villifying a player.

Trust me, the campaign bugs me on several levels. First, it doesn't decide who gets on it. Second, even the Canadiens Twitter changed their name to the campaign. Third, my Twitter feed is just choking with Bergeron/Subban tweets. Fourth, EA Sports has been shoveling the same crappy game for years and people still buy because they have a monopoly on the NHL game market. Fifth, they don't make hockey games for Nintendo consoles anymore and the last time they did with NHL Slapshot was putrid.

That all said? It's making people happy. And if Subban gets on the cover and that makes Habs fans forget about the loss? I'm all for it.

HAHAAHHA! How tweet it is!

What a terrific year we had guys and so many of you made it possible and so much fun.

You're a great bunch of first class bananas. :clap:

We had a very good year. Not the ending that I wanted but unfortunately the gang that can't score showed up. As they have at different times in the year. Now comes MB with a big job to do. We know that we have a good core but we really have to make some changes. Markov can't cut it anymore, gets beat too often. Gio unless he is taking a crewcut, time to go. Vanek not worth what we have to pay him. Pleks is a real toughie, still has some skill but can Eller replace him? It's a question. We need to get Tinordi and Beuliieu as regulars. Franky been nice man keep it real. Crankshaft thanks you did a good job in relief. Weaver should get a 1 year deal. Wiess sign him for 3 years. Eller sign him 3 years 2.25 mill per year. Bourque is another toughie cause he played like he can in the playoffs can we get him to do that all the time? I would if I could dump briere. Great little guy but no place on the team. Tokarski is back up next year, Peter ahl or trade for what have you. Is pateryn ready to make a play for coming up? Would be nice. All in all a lot of work to do to improve this club. They are really on the cusp, we need a goals scorer, A top 4 defenceman, Galchenyuk at centre. It will be really interesting to see what the brain trust do. :habslogo:

I don't want Gionta back on the team even if it's for a bargain. Nothing against him but he's just not the same player he once was those 2 bicep injuries really hurt his shot. Add onto that no matter what his contract is I fear MT will still go to him way too much. Not to mention it also gives us a chance to move on from one of our older and smaller players.

I really like Bournival, and I think he can replace Gio, probably at a cheaper rate. If we are concerned about losing Gio's defensive acumen, well, we can probably sign a comparably responsible defensive forward who isn't 5-ft-0.

Conversely, you can argue that Bournival should be replacing, not Gio, but Briere, who is much less integral to this roster than Gionta. It's clear that Therrien has the same opinion of Briere as most of us (i.e., he is a has-been who doesn't fit on this team). It's in Briere's interest to go elsewhere, to a team that actually wants him. So - ideally - maybe we'd be thinking about re-signing Gio and shipping out Briere.

I think Gionta played a tonne (metric) of good hockey for us while there are likely other teams that could find more benefit with Briere. Hockey is overwhelmingly a young man's game and when its time, its time.

Guest Stogey24

I really like Bournival, and I think he can replace Gio, probably at a cheaper rate. If we are concerned about losing Gio's defensive acumen, well, we can probably sign a comparably responsible defensive forward who isn't 5-ft-0.

Conversely, you can argue that Bournival should be replacing, not Gio, but Briere, who is much less integral to this roster than Gionta. It's clear that Therrien has the same opinion of Briere as most of us (i.e., he is a has-been who doesn't fit on this team). It's in Briere's interest to go elsewhere, to a team that actually wants him. So - ideally - maybe we'd be thinking about re-signing Gio and shipping out Briere.

I think Briere and Gionta will both be gone. Therrien will be pushing for a Briere trade and its time to move away from Gio, since our top two centre are already on the small side. This our chance to get bigger up front and crown a new leader of this team. Gio's name just doesn't fit into the roster anymore, especially after his terrible playoff run.