Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Vedjemo blanked in his 1st two games.

Speaking of him, he was not named to the roster for Sweden's next U-20 summer event, the 4 Nations tourney. That said, there are several players from the Lake Placid tournament that aren't on the U-20 roster this time around.

More hockey firing up;

Lehkonen, Reway, Audette and Bourque all playing pre-season games today.

For the QMJHL'ers, Bourque had an assist in his preseason opener while Audette was a scratch. Internationally, Lehkonen was pointless in his game while Reway was a scratch.

For the QMJHL'ers, Bourque had an assist in his preseason opener while Audette was a scratch. Internationally, Lehkonen was pointless in his game while Reway was a scratch.

Just wanted to let you know your dedication to the site is commendable and has been a huge impact on me as a hockey fan :)

• Upvote 2

Guest Stogey24

Just wanted to let you know your dedication to the site is commendable and has been a huge impact on me as a hockey fan :)

Awww ;)

Thanks for the kind words, bbp.

Hab Euro prospects all play Champions League "Group Stage" games today tomorrow.

All four saw action yesterday. Lehkonen had a goal and an assist while the other three - Reway, Nygren, and Vejdemo, were all held pointless.

Nice to hear Lehkonen get off to good start again and at least he should be 100% healthy now, so hope no big slumps this year.

(Frolunda smoked some team 9-1 eh)

Lehkonen goal he basically banged home a rebound and had a nice assist. He is back in pre-season action again today as are Bourque & Audette (if they dress?).

Lehkonen goal he basically banged home a rebound and had a nice assist. He is back in pre-season action again today as are Bourque & Audette (if they dress?).

Audette played and had three assists, Bourque was a scratch. Lehkonen finished up with two goals and a helper. Reway has a couple of points in Champions League play today.

Can you see much hope for Audette to ever reach NHL, or will he probably be lucky to just stick in AHL?

I don't see much NHL potential in him. He's not skilled enough to be an NHL top six forward and he isn't strong enough in other areas to play a bottom six role with offensive upside. I think he'll be a quality minor leaguer though which still isn't bad value in the 5th round. Clearly the Habs value him a bit higher having signed him already.

You think if he was a prospect with same year Audette had; but was named Joe Smith and was from Saskatoon that he would of been signed?

Hard to say. For where Audette was picked relative to where he was expected to go (I believe he was ranked as a 3rd rounder), I wouldn't say they picked him because of who his father is. He was a legitimate selection.

For signing him when they did, maybe they saw something at development camp. Maybe it was the fact that he signed pretty cheap that made them want to sign him early, better cheap than paying more later if he has a big year - and he should have a big year. Or, maybe his dad had something to do with it. I'd to think it wasn't the latter so to answer your scenario, assuming that one of the first two 'maybes' was the reason for signing Audette, they would have signed the Saskatoonian Smith.

They list Bourque as played Aug 14th and 1a 3shots +1 in the game, but did he tweek something and is out injured since?

He was listed as being sick back on the 19th, my guess is they're being cautious. He probably wouldn't play much anyways given that his spot on the roster is certainly secure.

Lehkonen with 7pts in 5 gms (overall) is off to a nice pre-season/start to season.

Got a guess what Lehkonen will get in his 50 or so SHL games? Can he double his offense this year and get 30-35pts?

Lehkonen with 7pts in 5 gms (overall) is off to a nice pre-season/start to season.

Got a guess what Lehkonen will get in his 50 or so SHL games? Can he double his offense this year and get 30-35pts?

Only 33 players had 30 or more points in the SHL last year. It'd be nice if Lehkonen hit that mark but closer to 25 would be more realistic and would still have him near half a point per game which isn't bad.

Only quick comparisons I can think of might be (Lehkonen older but...)

Zibanejad had 15pts in 26gms

Nylander had 20pts in 21gms

before both came over.

Only quick comparisons I can think of might be (Lehkonen older but...)

Zibanejad had 15pts in 26gms

Nylander had 20pts in 21gms

before both came over.

Both of those players were highly touted though. Lehkonen's a second rounder and isn't going to put up that type of production in Sweden, at least I don't think he will.

He is supposedly playing on the top line isn't he?

And of course likely a cut below those two 1st rounders, but he is finally 100% healthy I think and is doing well so far (yes I know in quite meaningless games yet but )

He is supposedly playing on the top line isn't he?

To be honest, I haven't followed Champions League play too closely to know where he's playing. Although, as I was typing this, I loaded the lines for today's game and he was on the 2nd line and had the GWG PPG which is nice. However, it is still preseason and he could easily slide back a line.

Honestly, I've never really viewed Lehkonen as a high quality scorer. For me, he's a two-way 2/3 winger that fits better as a 3 than a 2. Those types generally don't produce much in a low scoring SHL so my offensive expectations aren't too high.

Preseason stats thus far for the few that have already started playing as of last night (CL = Champions League):

QMJHL:

Audette: 2 GP, 2-5-7, 4 PIMS, +7

Bourque: 2 GP, 0-1-1, 2 PIMS, -1

International:

Lehkonen: 4 preseason games, 3-2-5, 0 PIMS, CL: 2 games, 2-1-3, 0 PIMS, +1

Nattinen: 3 preseason games, 2-1-3, 4 PIMS, CL: 2 games, 1-1-2, 0 PIMS, E

Nygren: 2 preseason games, 0-0-0, 2 PIMS, CL: 2 games, 0-0-0, 2 PIMS, -3

Reway: 2 preseason games, 0-0-0, 0 PIMS, CL: 3 games, 0-2-2, 2 PIMS, -1

Vejdemo: 2 preseason games, 0-0-0, 0 PIMS, CL: 3 games, 0-0-0, 0 PIMS, -2

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker