Scouting hires and news

dlbalr

The Habs have hired two more scouts; like Ethan Moreau earlier, these two are also former NHL'ers. Donald Audette will be an amateur scout in Quebec while Mark Mowers (278 NHL GP) will be an Eastern Conference pro scout.

Better yet, the contract of Trevor Timmins has been extended (term undisclosed). That deserves a :1banana:.

http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=2885

Yep. MB seems to get everything right when it comes to internal organization. There is absolutely no reason why Montreal should not have a massive a high-end scouting as well as player development staff, and the extension of Timmins is awesome news. How refreshing to see a GM determined to make us absolutely an elite organization from the bottom up.

Very happy. This ends the asinine speculation that Bergevin was going to get rid of him.

His work on the 2012 NHL Entry Draft is possibly his finest.

To be fair, my work on the 2012 draft would have been pretty good as well... every pick up until the 6th round was a no-brainer.

Funny aside...I live in NH north of Boston, and I get NESN, I watch Bruins games occasionally, and Mark Mowers consistently predicted the worst outcomes out of the NESN staff when it came to games, point leaders, basically anything. He was worse than Jack Edwards even. JACK EDWARDS!!!

Funny aside...I live in NH north of Boston, and I get NESN, I watch Bruins games occasionally, and Mark Mowers consistently predicted the worst outcomes out of the NESN staff when it came to games, point leaders, basically anything. He was worse than Jack Edwards even. JACK EDWARDS!!!

Have to have all perspectives, maybe MB knows this and whatever Mowers says he does the opposite.

Have to have all perspectives, maybe MB knows this and whatever Mowers says he does the opposite.

As Mowers said, his job is to be intimite with about 10-15 AHL/NHL teams, so maybe his 'supposed' lask of correct prognostication talent will have zero impact on his real job, which will likely involve stats, rosters and facts on those 10-15 teams, again i see it is as just another good sign that Molson is opening cheque book to hire more help.

• 2 years later...

Didn't know where to post that.

Cool interview by Mathias Brunet today in La Presse (in French).

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey/201412/01/01-4824032-pierre-dorion-ladn-du-recruteur.php

He speaks with Pierre Dorion, who was our Trevor Timmins from 1998 to 2000.

Dorion apologies for taking Chouinard over Gagné, saying that he underestimated speed and work ethic on this one.

Also says that they considered Gagné, Chouinard and Jiri Fischer.

Interesting to learn that the Ribeiro pick was disputed among Habs staff. Dorion, Mondou and Ruel won this one and selected Mike Ribeiro.

Andrei Markov was Pierre Mondou's guy. The credit is all on him.

The Habs have hired two more scouts; like Ethan Moreau earlier, these two are also former NHL'ers. Donald Audette will be an amateur scout in Quebec while Mark Mowers (278 NHL GP) will be an Eastern Conference pro scout.

Better yet, the contract of Trevor Timmins has been extended (term undisclosed). That deserves a :1banana:.

I'll see that :1banana: and raise another :1banana:

That sure seems worth a dancing banana alright.... :1banana:

Didn't know where to post that.

Cool interview by Mathias Brunet today in La Presse (in French).

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey/201412/01/01-4824032-pierre-dorion-ladn-du-recruteur.php

He speaks with Pierre Dorion, who was our Trevor Timmins from 1998 to 2000.

Dorion apologies for taking Chouinard over Gagné, saying that he underestimated speed and work ethic on this one.

Also says that they considered Gagné, Chouinard and Jiri Fischer.

Interesting to learn that the Ribeiro pick was disputed among Habs staff. Dorion, Mondou and Ruel won this one and selected Mike Ribeiro.

Andrei Markov was Pierre Mondou's guy. The credit is all on him.

Boy you sure screwed some people up with the headline. Funny stuff. Goes back to what we said about people not reading previous posts. :)

• 8 months later...

Two more scouting hires today - Eric Crawford as a pro scout and Dave Starman as a college scout. Crawford was let go last month by Vancouver where he most recently served as Director of Player Personnel. He also spent time as Vancouver's head pro scout. Starman has been an NCAA hockey analyst with ESPNU and CBSSN for the past 13 years and will continue on with CBS while working for the Habs. He was an amateur scout for four years with the Leafs in the past as well.

Ethan Moreau, who was a pro scout with the Habs, is no longer with the organization.

(And note the date of the first post of this thread; no, Timmins hasn't been extended again...)