Development Camp Invites/Discussion

dlbalr

I have no issues with a player taking a much needed vacation after a long hockey season.

Couldn't he have taken the vacation last week, or the week before that, or the week before that? Or the week after the camp...or the week after that?

He played 65 games last year, including league play, the playoffs, Champions League, the WJC's, and preliminary games for the World Championships. 65 games is what pretty much every junior and AHL player plays (if not a bit less) so it's not like he had an especially long season compared to everyone else either. For comparison, Lehkonen, another player who played pro overseas plus Champions League plus the WJC's, played 90 games while battling mono at times.

Yes I agree it would have been more ideal for him to be at the development camp, but we don't know his schedule, his body or his motives. Maybe he is just focused on the upcoming season overseas. Maybe he needs an extended mental or physical break from hockey. Maybe he is there for his brother's wedding if he has a brother. Or maybe he is a punk with an ego. Who knows? As long as the draft pick doesn't eventually go to waste, I'm okay with whatever he chooses to do in the summer.

Couldn't he have taken the vacation last week, or the week before that, or the week before that? Or the week after the camp...or the week after that?

He played 65 games last year, including league play, the playoffs, Champions League, the WJC's, and preliminary games for the World Championships. 65 games is what pretty much every junior and AHL player plays (if not a bit less) so it's not like he had an especially long season compared to everyone else either. For comparison, Lehkonen, another player who played pro overseas plus Champions League plus the WJC's, played 90 games while battling mono at times.

It's clear Reway is just being a miscreant. That said, he could play this year with a vet who slaps some sense into him and gets him focused on an NHL career.

Maybe Daniel Pribyl is giving him bad advice.

Thanks for update...Dr. Stogey. :nuts:

Is Thrower ever gonna be 100% healthy? Had kinda hoped he would become a Beauchamin-type d-man, but maybe he wont even make IceCaps roster?

Lets hope he wasn't on the Phil Kessel Diet this year.

but if he really put on that much muscle, it shows big time determination. I like it alot

from what I've read, he's put on some muscle and not fat! The kid seems determined! That's a great sign!

We never seem to include Carr in our possible call up list. I would love to see him play a few games with the habs. There has to be a reason he scored 25 goals as a rookie last year.

We never seem to include Carr in our possible call up list. I would love to see him play a few games with the habs. There has to be a reason he scored 25 goals as a rookie last year.

Bergevin brought him up as a guy who could get a spot up and I was surprised since nobody talks about him.

I forget how many times I kept saying he should be called up last year. He's a smart player with some offensive skill, exactly the type of player that could fit in well on a two-way line. That all said, I don't think he'll break camp with the big club as things stand.

Red won 6-2 today. Goals were scored by:

Red: Bennett, Audette (2), Hudon, Eisenschmid (2)

White: Burke, McGauley

Four goals in two games for Eisenschmid. That's making a good impression.

Yesterday's scrimmage ended 6-3 for Team White. Goals were scored by:

Red: Hunt, Carr, Rosenthal

White: Johnston (2), Vejdemo, Burke, Gregoire, Miceli

In terms of the college invites, it seems like Johnston and Rosenthal stood out the most. Travis Brown missed yesterday's game with an injury which didn't help his cause.

The more I read and watch about Carr, the more I get a Jiri Tlusty/Michael Ryder vibe out of him. Maybe he will impress. Bergevin is certainly watching him.

He usually played with Hudon, right?

Yeah, he and Hudon were together a lot in the back half of the season. (Before that, he started on the 4th, moved up to the 3rd, then up to the 2nd.) Andrighetto was the other winger on that line a lot as well.