2015 NHL Offseason Thread

dlbalr

Mike Richards has formally been charged with illegal possession of a controlled substance by the RCMP. That's a bit of good news for the Kings whose termination of Richards appears to be solely tied to this. Mind you, they still have a long road ahead to get through the grievance process.

Scott Gomez has signed a PTO with St. Louis and will be at their training camp. This happened to be announced just before the team said that Patrik Berglund had shoulder surgery and will be re-evaluated in four months. There might be an opening for Gomez now.

Guest Stogey24

He had the same points per game as Desharnais, Filppula and Mackinnon and had a better PPG than Kesler, Schenn, Wilson, Granlund, Soderberg, Jordan Staal and Brad Richards.

I'm actually surprised Shero didn't want him back. He had good chemistry with Cammalleri

Is it just me, or has the NHL been quietly accumulating more player scandals than was usually the case in the past? We're not in the NFL's league by a long shot, but still...

I think more is just being reported now and reported with much greater scrutiny.

• Upvote 1

They don't do the same with Voynov... weird <_<

Do you supposed Voynov still being able to play the game at a high level, while Richards has no game left and an albatross contract to boot, has anything to do with the discrepancy?

Do you supposed Voynov still being able to play the game at a high level, while Richards has no game left and an albatross contract to boot, has anything to do with the discrepancy?

:D

Bingo

The Leafs made another addition to their analytics department, hiring Bruce Peter. Why am I mentioning this? Bruce used to post here regularly up until a few years ago under the username saskhab. He joined the Saskatoon Blades a couple of years ago before making this move. http://www.saskatoonblades.com/article/blades-statistical-analyst-is-going-pro

Congrats to him...even though it's the Leafs.

Ha!! The Leafs played themselves..

They get saskhab and we get to keep Brian!!!

I say we petition to get dlbalr a job with Montreal (on the condition it doesn't affect his immeasurable contribution to habsworld)

Who's with me?

(Congrats to saskhab who was one of the most informed and well spoken posters here for a while)

• Upvote 2

The Leafs made another addition to their analytics department, hiring Bruce Peter. Why am I mentioning this? Bruce used to post here regularly up until a few years ago under the username saskhab. He joined the Saskatoon Blades a couple of years ago before making this move. http://www.saskatoonblades.com/article/blades-statistical-analyst-is-going-pro

Congrats to him...even though it's the Leafs.

Wow. That's crazy. I remember Saskhab very well. I am seeing more chris Boyle articles in the last few years on sports net too. Very cool.