Oct. 30, Montreal vs Vancouver, 10 PM

dlbalr

Tough loss, some terrible reffing, Canucks played pretty good, but we should never lose to them. Our skill and speed is way more than theirs. How about daniels rubbing a glove pks face on the way to bench? Just before they give a very questionable interference call to us. On the good side we got 3 out of a possible 6 points so not too bad for a westen road trip. We are still #1 and 8-2-1, That is not too bad. We better get the pp worked out cause with it we are a deadly team to play against. night all :habslogo:

Tough loss, some terrible reffing, Canucks played pretty good, but we should never lose to them. Our skill and speed is way more than theirs. How about daniels rubbing a glove pks face on the way to bench? Just before they give a very questionable interference call to us. On the good side we got 3 out of a possible 6 points so not too bad for a westen road trip. We are still #1 and 8-2-1, That is not too bad. We better get the pp worked out cause with it we are a deadly team to play against. night all :habslogo:

dont know about. watch round the league and everybody has speed. habs have it too however markov, prust, moen, weaver, tinordi, emelin, Eller, gilbert , are not exactly flying out there. thats almost half the team.

I've only seen the first two periods so far (I taped the 3rd and will watch it today/tomorrow) but I didn't mind what I saw for the most part. The Habs were a lot better in the first than they've been in quite a few games despite not scoring while the second was a toss-up. It's nice that they picked up a point but they can't keep relying on the comebacks.

By the way, there will be a phone hearing for Burrows today regarding his hit on Emelin. For those that were surprised that the announcers were trying to blame Emelin, keep in mind that it was Vancouver's regional crew who aren't exactly known for their objectivity (although I didn't mind Shorthouse too much yesterday).

Lost some $ to canucks fans but comeback was worth it, just to see them squirm for a bit.

3points out of 6 on 1st of 2 west swings this year and not another till March.

Borderline call on Gilbert, but that is the way shitwinds blow sometimes and 4 on 3s' are deadly, especially with Sedins out there.

I've only seen the first two periods so far (I taped the 3rd and will watch it today/tomorrow) but I didn't mind what I saw for the most part. The Habs were a lot better in the first than they've been in quite a few games despite not scoring while the second was a toss-up. It's nice that they picked up a point but they can't keep relying on the comebacks.

By the way, there will be a phone hearing for Burrows today regarding his hit on Emelin. For those that were surprised that the announcers were trying to blame Emelin, keep in mind that it was Vancouver's regional crew who aren't exactly known for their objectivity (although I didn't mind Shorthouse too much yesterday).

based on recent past hits i would say a game suspension is warranted. Puck was gone late hit strike one. Direct shoulder to the head strike two,.

From what I read this game wasn't worth staying up for....?

The last 8 minutes of the 3rd period were worth it, but the first 52 minutes were pretty painful to watch!

Now that i've had a full night's sleep to mull over this game, I think I can say that the Habs didn't play a disastrous game, but they definitely could've played better. The PowerPlay is pathetic. No imagination, always the same set play...other teams know what were gonna do before we even do it. Something needs to change on the PP. Had we scored once on the PP yesterday, we could've won this game in regulation.

The call on Gilbert was good, but the Canucks pulled two picks on us and weren't called. I guess, at some point during the season, we will benefit from missed calls from the men in stripes!?!? :rolleyes:

Missed calls went both ways, Gallaghwr was basically sitting on Miller on 2nd goal, not a chance in hell it should of counted

and Subban mugging Sedin wasn't called? why?

complaining about reffin is waste of time, owners get called what they want called, dosnt always make sense nor is consistent and actually feel bad for NHL refs.

At least NFL refs know to call a penalty exact same in pre-season as last minute of super bowl. Not so in NHL.

Missed calls went both ways, Gallaghwr was basically sitting on Miller on 2nd goal, not a chance in hell it should of counted

and Subban mugging Sedin wasn't called? why?

complaining about reffin is waste of time, owners get called what they want called, dosnt always make sense nor is consistent and actually feel bad for NHL refs.

At least NFL refs know to call a penalty exact same in pre-season as last minute of super bowl. Not so in NHL.

Gallagher was cross-checked into Miller. Big difference. I won't complain one bit if Emelin pushes a player into Price and they score on that play.

I always find very idiotic how often dmen pull dangerous moves like this on their own goalie. It really happens game in game out.

• Upvote 1

I had read that article and it confirms what we already knew. WE WAS JOBBED. Ok that was a joke but none the less it does confirm that it is hard to win when the other guys get the breaks. 3 penalties not called on the canucks that resulted resulted in 2 goals. I don't like to blame the refs but this was pretty blatant stuff.

I was at work. When did the goal happen where emelin was hit? Was it after the hit?

About 5 or so seconds after. Vancouver started the 2-on-1 as a result of the errant Emelin pass that immediately preceded the hit from Burrows.

Three games is enough for someone who isn't a repeat offender, on a non-penalized play where the player affected wasn't injured.

I am ok with 3 games but the non penalized part has no bearing cause that was just bad reffing. We don't know if emelin is hurt, concussions are funny things they can take a couple days to show up.

Habs don't play Canucks again till Dec. so dosent really matter to me, if he got none, 1, or 5 games.

Burrows not real dirty player, Emelin was admiring (shocked at) his frickin braindead turnover pass, did try and duck hit at last second and unluckily he took it on the chin.

Bit late maybe?

Just hope no long term injury.