Injury news

Commandant

Kreider made an irresponsibly reckless play. All he had to do was try to twist his body so as to make an honest effort to avoid smashing into Price with his skate blades pointed outwards. How often do you see any player crashing into another player in that position? Never, because skates are effectively knives and therefore hockey has a massive taboo against using them as weapons. He can't be blamed for making contact with Price on the play - it's the way he allowed it to happen that is so condemnable.

As for Don's ethical stance, I can only quote Hesiod: "it is bad to be an honest man where felons rule." Why should we lose playoff series because of such contemptible play? Even it up and then play on. And like I say, if every team did that, pretty soon we'd see an end to such plays altogether, because deliberately inflicting injury would make you the most hated guy on your own team.

Sorry, but I totally disagree with your Greek Poet and lean more towards, say: "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong", (M.Gandhi) or "Forgiveness is the virtue of the brave" (I Gandhi). :ph34r:

Forget about it and move on brother! :D

I see Emelin was practicing today, so hopefully he is good to go tomorrow?

Sorry, but I totally disagree with your Greek Poet and lean more towards, say: "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong", (M.Gandhi) or "Forgiveness is the virtue of the brave" (I Gandhi). :ph34r:

Forget about it and move on brother! :D

I see Emelin was practicing today, so hopefully he is good to go tomorrow?

This where in the old days John Ferguson would have handled business.

This where in the old days John Ferguson would have handled business.

Ogie Ogilthorp or Tim McCracken also would straighten him out!

Not if "Gandhi Don" was in charge! :rastapop:

How bout Mahatmas', 'an eye for an eye ends up making the world go blind".

Or Confucius, "Do not impose on others what you yourself do not desire" :nuts:

(Point is, there are literally endless smart person quotes for why revenge/pay-back is not the way to go)

I jest a bit and it does really suck Price is out, but just got to hope he is healthy enough to play in the finals?

Havent heard how bad his knee is and likely wont till playoffs over I assume?

Guest Stogey24

How bout Mahatmas', 'an eye for an eye ends up making the world go blind".

Or Confucius, "Do not impose on others what you yourself do not desire" :nuts:

(Point is, there are literally endless smart person quotes for why revenge/pay-back is not the way to go)

I jest a bit and it does really suck Price is out, but just got to hope he is healthy enough to play in the finals?

Havent heard how bad his knee is and likely wont till playoffs over I assume?

They showed Price walking into the Bell Centre with a knee brace on. As he was walking through Bealieu high fived him and it just turned into a super awkward moment. Price was laughin after so kind a good sign I guess.

They showed Price walking into the Bell Centre with a knee brace on. As he was walking through Bealieu high fived him and it just turned into a super awkward moment. Price was laughin after so kind a good sign I guess.

Yes, saw that, but is he just gone for 'weeks' or is it months with surgery up-coming and Tokarski will be starting in Oct?

Guest Stogey24

Yes, saw that, but is he just gone for 'weeks' or is it months with surgery up-coming and Tokarski will be starting in Oct?

You have to think he'll be out longer than just this series

He had a knee problem in the olympics and played through it. He missed some games after olympics to let it heal. If this is the same injury, off season surgery is a real possibility but let's hope not for crying out loud.

It's a legitimate worry. I am, of course, a chronic pessimist, but it would not surprise me to learn that this is going to be an ongoing issue in Price's career, sort of like DePietro's problems. We are, after all, the Montreal Canadiens; unlike the Chicagos of the world, we don't get to have star players enjoy careers uncompromised by catastrophic injury problems (c.f. Koivu, Markov).

He had a knee problem in the olympics and played through it. He missed some games after olympics to let it heal. If this is the same injury, off season surgery is a real possibility but let's hope not for crying out loud.

We are, after all, the Montreal Canadiens; unlike the Chicagos of the world, we don't get to have star players enjoy careers uncompromised by catastrophic injury problems (c.f. Koivu, Markov).

Before Koivu's problems, Montreal was one of the better known Iron Man teams. Guys like Damphousse and Recchi were known for never missing games due to injury.

I think with 24 Stanley Cups, we've done pretty well with this silly curse.

There are two "wes:" the Habs before 1995, and the Habs after. The Habs after 1995 have had their key players reliably compromised by catastrophic injuries. Of course, those teams have also been much weaker and therefore less able to survive the loss of those players. Nevertheless, it's been a most frustrating two decades from the "health" standpoint.

Before Koivu's problems, Montreal was one of the better known Iron Man teams. Guys like Damphousse and Recchi were known for never missing games due to injury.

I think with 24 Stanley Cups, we've done pretty well with this silly curse.

There are two "wes:" the Habs before 1995, and the Habs after. The Habs after 1995 have had their key players reliably compromised by catastrophic injuries. Of course, those teams have also been much weaker and therefore less able to survive the loss of those players. Nevertheless, it's been a most frustrating two decades from the "health" standpoint.

Philly has had it way worse than we have. The games they lost with Eric Lindros, Peter Forsberg and Chris Pronger was worse than what we lost with Koivu and Markov.

Sure. Another team that got burned was Boston, losing their #1C (Marc Savard) to a disgusting head-shot. Then again, Boston has been pretty healthy throughout their run as serious contenders. There are plenty of teams that have NOT had their absolutely key players seriously compromised by catastrophic injuries year after year. We're not one of those, alas. And it's worth noting that in 1986, the Finals run in '89, and 1993, all our core guys were healthy. I'm sick of this problem myself.

Philly has had it way worse than we have. The games they lost with Eric Lindros, Peter Forsberg and Chris Pronger was worse than what we lost with Koivu and Markov.

...and this morning he was out on the ice with Stephane Waite with all of his equipment on! He took a few shots and made a few lateral movements, but that was it. Therrien repeated once again to the reporters that Carey would NOT return in this series vs. the Rags.

• 2 months later...

I posted a link about this the other day, I'm surprised no one brought it up here yet. Price isn't going to be skating for another 2-3 weeks. As much as some were speculating (hoping) that he would have been ready to play LA, that seems a little far-fetched now.

I posted a link about this the other day, I'm surprised no one brought it up here yet. Price isn't going to be skating for another 2-3 weeks. As much as some were speculating (hoping) that he would have been ready to play LA, that seems a little far-fetched now.

He would have been fine to play but not 100%. Similar to how I think he was for Team Canada. Summer is when you get back to 100%.

I did not realize he was still re-habbing. That is a lot of time to miss in the summer. But thank god it is the summer.

Guest Stogey24

Play L.A?

Guest Stogey24

Had the Habs won against the Rangers, they would have made the Stanley Cup Final. They would have played LA in that series.

oh , I read ya lol. I was just reading something where Price said if his leg was 2 inches longer he would have been having reconstructive surgery

• 3 weeks later...