Daniel Briere traded for P.A Parenteau

Trizzak

Seems Aves fans aint too sad to see PAP jettisoned, so maybe worse off to have softie floater for 2 more years, when could of been done with Briere this time next summer.

Crap for Crap deal, but adding a pick at least is a small bonus.

Stats may be deluding me, certainly...but this player had 53 points, 67 points for the Isles (with Tavares) and then also had 43 points in 48 games on Colorado. Then he dropped off last season. Purely in terms of production, unless we give unwonted importance to his one season of mediocre production, that gives him the profile of a 2nd-line W to me.

Conversely, as you guys know I'm a fan of the "roll three lines" vision for the Habs, so in a sense anywhere in the top-9 is fine because any of the top-9 positions are interchangeable. But 50 points certainly seems like a reasonable expectation - and this team needed that from the RW slot in particular. So I'll take the views of the Negative Nellies under advisement, but this still looks like a valuable addition to me.

First PK. Now PA.

We should request all our players choose initial-based nicknames.

JAM Bournival

RGW Bourque

DD Desharnais (Okay, i have no idea his middle name. But he's already DD.)

LF Eller

BAM Gallagher (You gotta love that name for a hockey player!)

TS Moen

MK Macioretty

BRJ Prust

DK Weise

NAR Beaulieu

AV Emelin

TK Gilbert

AV Markov

AMR Weaver

Galchenyuk, Plekanec, Tinordi, Price & Tokarski need to provide a middle name.

• 3 weeks later...

There hasn't been much said since Parenteau was traded to Montreal, but here's an article about him discussing his final year in Colorado: http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/540553

I think that knowing he wasn't in the plans, and not having his heart in it explains the drop in production.

We'll see this with Travis Moen if he plays less than 40 games next year.

Stats may be deluding me, certainly...but this player had 53 points, 67 points for the Isles (with Tavares) and then also had 43 points in 48 games on Colorado. Then he dropped off last season. Purely in terms of production, unless we give unwonted importance to his one season of mediocre production, that gives him the profile of a 2nd-line W to me.

Conversely, as you guys know I'm a fan of the "roll three lines" vision for the Habs, so in a sense anywhere in the top-9 is fine because any of the top-9 positions are interchangeable. But 50 points certainly seems like a reasonable expectation - and this team needed that from the RW slot in particular. So I'll take the views of the Negative Nellies under advisement, but this still looks like a valuable addition to me.

Me too.

I say that a lot after your posts... :blush: