How likely is it that Jiri Sekac will start in the lineup?

Neech

Prust has shoulder trouble because there is nothing harder on a shoulder than using full strength while reaching up, and in most cases he is reaching up to his opponent.

Remember the Komisarek fight with Luchicken? Being forced down while holding Lu's jersey basically pulled his arm out of the socket. Fighting is hard on the shoulder you grasp with, and it's apparent to me that Prust has a case of a rotator cuff problem, which seldom heal on their own, especially when re-injured/stressed before the injury is healed, which most times they never do on their own.... Hope I'm wrong, and he is at 100%, because for a while it looked like he could move up and down the lineup, but he has been inconsistent lately...

Plekanec, Eller, Pacioretty

Eller, Paranteau, Galchenyuk

Gallagher, DD, Weise

Malhotra, Prust, Moan, Bourque, Bournival, Sekac

Seems 3 forwards in pressbox is too many.

Who is drawing short straw(s) and being moved?

Plekanec, Eller, Pacioretty

Eller, Paranteau, Galchenyuk

Gallagher, DD, Weise

Malhotra, Prust, Moan, Bourque, Bournival, Sekac

Seems 3 forwards in pressbox is too many.

Who is drawing short straw(s) and being moved?

I'm going to say the LW Eller will draw the short straw but the C Eller will stick around. That will get it to 2 forwards in the press box. :)

didn't put forwards I any order, just random grouped in 3

I also don't think I would move Eller to a wing, but maybe Galchenyuk will really shine and Commandant's idea will work fine?

So who is likely gone? Can they get a pick or two for Moan or Bourque? Just would like to see Bourque gone period and Moan may fit on another team better (not that he staying would be a bad thing)?

didn't put forwards I any order, just random grouped in 3

I also don't think I would move Eller to a wing, but maybe Galchenyuk will really shine and Commandant's idea will work fine?

So who is likely gone? Can they get a pick or two for Moan or Bourque? Just would like to see Bourque gone period and Moan may fit on another team better (not that he staying would be a bad thing)?

You wrote Eller twice. There is only 14 guys.

Well am a dumbass, thanks.

I simply wrote em down to see how many they had and 15 seemed like too many (should of actually clued in), but I will blame it on the sun and heat!

I can't see anyone trading for Bourque or Moen right now. Why trade for Moen when you can sign Winnik? Bourque and Stempniak have similar production in recent years, I'd imagine a team would prefer to sign the latter outright...or if they want the disappointment and inconsistency, sign Setoguchi.

• Upvote 2

When we sign Eller, we will have 14 forwards on the roster.

Top Line: Pacioretty

Top Six: Desharnais, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Parenteau, Plekanec

Top Nine: Eller, Bourque, Sekac

Bottom Six: Prust, Moen, Malhotra, Bournival, Weise

If scratching two forwards per game isn't too much, we could just stay with the roster we have. However I've found it's usually best to carry 13 forwards and 7 defencemen.

Say, let's say Bournival has a mediocre camp. What's the issue with sending him back to the AHL?

I can't see Bournival having a weak camp. I just hope he spends the summer working on his shot.

Bourque will be a dork and I think the biggest regression will be with moen and Prust. The problem I see is that I don't see MT benching them too much. He benched moen in the playoffs, since he was coming of an injury, but I think he will be this years Bouillon, as the head scratcher line up choice.

If scratching two forwards per game isn't too much, we could just stay with the roster we have. However I've found it's usually best to carry 13 forwards and 7 defencemen.

Say, let's say Bournival has a mediocre camp. What's the issue with sending him back to the AHL?

i can see bournival coming to camp bigger faster stronger and more fit. I'm sure he knows as well as the entire line up that this habs team is deep and getting a spot in the line up is not a gimmie. i think he'll be ready to play and force MB's hand on Moen who has essentially been replaced by Weise.

The standard NHL roster size is 23. You generally scratch 3 people every game..

The third scratch could be a goalie, depending on if they want to risk running one of Budaj/Tokarski through waivers.

too many young up n comers to carry 3 tenders. one of the backups will be moved..i suspect its tokarski..but boods does make more money..guess what i'm realy saying is: who the hell knows? ha

too many young up n comers to carry 3 tenders. one of the backups will be moved..i suspect its tokarski..but boods does make more money..guess what i'm realy saying is: who the hell knows? ha

It's easy to say one will be traded (I was of that mindset until recently) but there are only a couple of teams who could use a backup right now and they can just sign one in free agency instead of trading for one.

I can't see Bournival having a weak camp. I just hope he spends the summer working on his shot.

Bourque will be a dork and I think the biggest regression will be with moen and Prust. The problem I see is that I don't see MT benching them too much. He benched moen in the playoffs, since he was coming of an injury, but I think he will be this years Bouillon, as the head scratcher line up choice.

New nickname? (Dourque)

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

Just watched the highlights of Sekacs Development camp, wow. Looked pretty solid out there. Head up all of the time

Just watched the highlights of Sekacs Development camp, wow. Looked pretty solid out there. Head up all of the time

He should be dominating those kids.

To me, Moen and Malholtra are our bottom two forwards. Prust will inevitably get injured, and Weise and Bourney should be regulars. Speed and smarts with those two.

He should be dominating those kids.

To me, Moen and Malholtra are our bottom two forwards. Prust will inevitably get injured, and Weise and Bourney should be regulars. Speed and smarts with those two.

They're important pieces of the bottom six for the next 2-5 years. I'm happy that Bergevin understands the importance of a bottom six, unlike PG/BG, who rolled out a new fourth line center every year. Chipchura, Halpern, Metropolit, Nokelainen, Blair Better and Andreas Enqvist.
  • Upvote 1

They're important pieces of the bottom six for the next 2-5 years. I'm happy that Bergevin understands the importance of a bottom six, unlike PG/BG, who rolled out a new fourth line center every year. Chipchura, Halpern, Metropolit, Nokelainen, Blair Better and Andreas Enqvist.

Amen, brother! I found it especially egregious under Goat. It was ridiculous how the team would struggle due to a lack of depth and then he'd have to do something to "fix" this self-created problem, year after year. The worst of all time was dealing away a 2nd-round pick for Moore, then getting praised for the great impact of this solidification of the bottom 6, then letting Moore walk and starting the whole damned cycle all over again :wall:

It's early in the process but so far Bergevin has rolled out several fourth line C's as well. In 2012-13, Prust/White was the 4th line C for a while, then Halpern was brought back when White's lack of discipline made him nearly unplayable. Last year, Briere was the 4th line C for long stretches. Now it's Malhotra and he's only on a one year deal. After this coming year, we'll likely see a new 4th line C as well (Bournival or Hudon if the position change experiment works). I agree with you that there has been more demonstrated importance to continuity in the bottom six but it's the same results when it comes to the fourth line centres.

It's early in the process but so far Bergevin has rolled out several fourth line C's as well. In 2012-13, Prust/White was the 4th line C for a while, then Halpern was brought back when White's lack of discipline made him nearly unplayable. Last year, Briere was the 4th line C for long stretches. Now it's Malhotra and he's only on a one year deal. After this coming year, we'll likely see a new 4th line C as well (Bournival or Hudon if the position change experiment works). I agree with you that there has been more demonstrated importance to continuity in the bottom six but it's the same results when it comes to the fourth line centres.

Hmmm. Maybe the real issue is that we now have DEPTH in the bottom 6?

Plus, one can't help but feel that Goat would have made the trade for Weise, then let him walk. MB has shown a willingness to lock up quality bottom-6ers.

So many (most) think Sekac will be in opening night Hab roster.

Where does that leave de la Rose? Hamilton, SHL or can 2 rookie forwards possibly crack roster?

Zero or very very slim chance?