Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Grigorenko may be wearing out his welcome in Buffalo according to ted nolan, a big center, we could use one of those, especially as talented as he is.

Ugg! No thanks.

Grigorenko may be wearing out his welcome in Buffalo according to ted nolan, a big center, we could use one of those, especially as talented as he is.

He can't regularly crack Buffalo's lineup full of career minor leaguers. That says a lot.

:) I don't know, Grigorenko had talent before he got to Buff, now he's a bum at what 20 years old come on.

Talent but no heart and inconsistant effort and why he fell in draft.

• 1 month later...

Martin Hanzal & Mikkel Boedker

For

Desharnais, Parenteau, Bournival, Andrighetto, Lehkonen, Ellis & 1st 2015

Martin Hanzal & Mikkel Boedker

For

Desharnais, Parenteau, Bournival, Andrighetto, Lehkonen, Ellis & 1st 2015

Three of those guys have very little value - Parenteau (overpaid given his little production), Bournival (dime a dozen fourth liner), and Ellis (soon-to-be-released prospect). Two others are second-tier prospects that don't carry a ton of value either...some, but not a lot. That makes the two best pieces Desharnais (a player who many think doesn't have value) and a late 1st. Quantity for quality deals don't work for a reason. Those are two core pieces on the Coyotes. They're getting zero in return.

Eller, Emelin and a 1st for Thornton and Torres

Habs upgrade at center, get help down low on the pp. Sharks rid themselves of the gm feud, get a center back, help on D and save a bit of cap space.

Emelin, Parenteau, Fucale and a 1st for Eric Staal

Habs acquire a big center, get to ship out PAP. Canes get decent return for their rebuild

Eller, Hudon and a 2nd for Sharp

Habs get a top 6 forward with credentials. Hawks get a roster player and get to save on the cap

Eller and Fucale for O'Reilly

Habs get help up front. Avs get a cheaper player and potential future goalie

Tinordi, Fucale and a 2nd for Draisaitl and a 3rd

Habs get a blue chip center. Oilers get size on D and potential future goalie, also clearing room for McDavid and Nuge up the middle

Plekanec and Thomas for Koivu and a 1st

Habs get a different look at center from the brother of Canadien Royalty. Wild shed the contract and fill the position, Parise becomes Captain

Galchenyuk, Emelin, a 1st and a 2nd for Malkin

Habs get an elusive elite center. Penguins get a potential star, help on D and recoups draft picks, saves on cap.

Parenteau and Bournival for Lupul

Habs ugrade on the wing. Leafs dump contract for rebuild

Which teams are looking to be in cap trouble for next year and likely need to give up on a good player/two?

I think Vancouver's in a bit of a tight spot, I can see them moving a guy like Bieksa. Chicago's really in tough and will have to move a couple of forwards out (my guess is they'll try to get rid of Bickell/Versteeg before anyone else). Pittsburgh, Minnesota and the Rangers have a few vacancies on next year's roster that may force them to deal or buy out someone.

There are a lot of teams though who may not be in cap trouble but will probably need to move someone if they want to make a bit of a splash. On top of the already-mentioned teams, Tampa, Philly, LA (pending resolution on the Voynov situation as he'll go back onto the books in the summer), and Boston are all ones that could be in that situation.

Habs get a blue chip center. Oilers get size on D and potential future goalie, also clearing room for McDavid and Nuge up the middle

- O'Reilly's a pending UFA, and he has shown thus far that he's all about the money which wouldn't bode well for the Habs trying to re-sign him; he'd probably just be a rental. Also, Colorado doesn't really have a need for a goalie prospect, they already have Pickard while Varlamov is locked up long-term.

- Would you trade Galchenyuk and a 3rd for a package from another team comparable to Tinordi, Fucale, and a 2nd? I know I wouldn't and their trade values are very similar. Draisaitl is one year removed from being a top-5 pick and is widely regarded as you noted as a blue chip centre. It's going to cost a lot more than that to get him.

- That's one I wouldn't be surprised to see happen although I imagine they'll try to get the Leafs to retain part of Lupul's salary.

- Would you trade Galchenyuk and a 3rd for a package from another team comparable to Tinordi, Fucale, and a 2nd? I know I wouldn't and their trade values are very similar. Draisaitl is one year removed from being a top-5 pick and is widely regarded as you noted as a blue chip centre. It's going to cost a lot more than that to get him.

I'd be more opt to make a lesser deal if I am trading from a position of strength to fill out other needs on the team and if I really liked the players involved. That being said, yes it probably would take a bit more to get him considering he just won the MVP of the playoffs.

How about going after a guy like atkinson. Mb tried to go after him at the deadline. But couldn't get a deal done. The guy who was key on drafting eller on the blues is now with the blue jackets. Eller was the name going back. Why not try and get a deal done now.

To habs

Atkinson

To cbj

Eller+emelin +andrighetto

Ufa sign vermette and franson or sekera

Have the team look like this

Pacioretty / plekanec / atkinson

Galchenyuk / vermette / Gallagher

Rose / desharnais / pelly

Prust / Mitchell / weise

Markov / subban

Franson or sekera / petry

Tinordi / Beaulieu

Price

Tokarski

Gives us more scoreing up front and also gives us a much gritty d-core.

Eller for Atkinson almost happened but the two sides couldn't come to an agreement after Atkinson signed a contract extension. Columbus wouldn't take Emelin with due to the cap.

If Eller goes anywhere, Eller will probably goto Columbus.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/mtl150309.html

If Emelin happened to be traded to say..Columbus for a youngster with low salary &/or picks, would Petry then be a reasonable fit under cap with a $5.5m/yr deal or whatever he likely will get?

If Emelin happened to be traded to say..Columbus for a youngster with low salary &/or picks, would Petry then be a reasonable fit under cap with a $5.5m/yr deal or whatever he likely will get?

It all depends on how much you want to pay the defence. If you're content with a top-7 payroll of around $26 M on the back end, yeah, he'd fit.

patch, gallagher, galchenyuk, Prust, Weise , DLR and DSP are all mainstays i believe and no upgrade needed..

pacioretty 1C 1RW

galchenyuk PLEX gallagher

3LW De la Rose DSP

prust MITCHELL Weise

not included in this group is
plex C
eller C
DD C
Flynn C
mitchell C
Reway LW
sherbak RW shoots L
hudon LW
andirghetto LW
PAP RW
Thomas RW
McCarron RW
-mitchell can and should be retained as a local boy who will sign on at the cheap
-realistically we have a 2nd line centre in plek and if he's not traded then 1 of eller or DD should be
- at least one if not 2 kids will make the jump to the NHL and my guess is one of either Reway, hudon or sherbak. my belief is reway is the best of them all just as i said last year. he's had a great season in europe and has been a dynamo on the PP. (just what we need) and after a great WJC LY he followed it up as a captain and another great tournament. the kid is very talented. hudon has the AHL inside track and sherbak has so much potential. Big mike needs to work on his skating in the AHL for at least a season...
mind you trades could change everything....
bold= non trade bait

Eller, Emelin and a 1st for Thornton and Torres

Habs upgrade at center, get help down low on the pp. Sharks rid themselves of the gm feud, get a center back, help on D and save a bit of cap space.

Emelin, Parenteau, Fucale and a 1st for Eric Staal

Habs acquire a big center, get to ship out PAP. Canes get decent return for their rebuild

Eller, Hudon and a 2nd for Sharp

Habs get a top 6 forward with credentials. Hawks get a roster player and get to save on the cap

Plekanec and Thomas for Koivu and a 1st

Habs get a different look at center from the brother of Canadien Royalty. Wild shed the contract and fill the position, Parise becomes Captain

Galchenyuk, Emelin, a 1st and a 2nd for Malkin

Habs get an elusive elite center. Penguins get a potential star, help on D and recoups draft picks, saves on cap.

Some cool concepts there. I particularly like the Mikko Koivu idea. I think Marleau would be a great quick fix as well. I can't see the Sharks going into next season with both Thornton & Marleau on their roster. Although, I may have said that last off-season, too.

Desharnais, Andrighetto, Emelin and a 2nd

Marleau and a 6th

but umm... Kovalchuk?!? What would it take?

but umm... Kovalchuk?!? What would it take?

Him sitting out the entire 2015-16 season in the KHL which would make him available as a 2016 free agent. Unless all 30 owners agree to let him back in next year - and there's no chance of that happening - he can't play in the NHL next season.

It seems likely that Parenteau won't be back next year. I don't see them going the buyout route though. So, where could he go? I think the Islanders, a team where he has had success, could be a possibility.

To NYI: P-A Parenteau (1 year left, $4 M salary/cap hit, pending UFA)

To MTL: Michael Grabner (1 year left, $5 M salary, $3 M cap hit, pending UFA)

Why for NYI? They've been searching for a second winger to play with Tavares and Okposo ever since Parenteau left. If he has a shot at still being a top six forward, it's probably there. Also, they save $1 M in salary and for a budget team, that's important.

Why for MTL? As much as they'd like to get another top six forward in return, doing so would require them taking on a bigger ticket contract. That may not be the most ideal thing to do. Grabner, though a bottom six guy, fits in well as a speedster with some size and could make a better impact from the bottom six than Parenteau (who likely would be down there before long again next year). They take on more money but get the benefit of saving $1 M in cap space.

Both players seem to be perceived as guys with no value or negative value. I think a change of scenery for these two would probably be beneficial for both teams.

• Upvote 2

It seems likely that Parenteau won't be back next year. I don't see them going the buyout route though. So, where could he go? I think the Islanders, a team where he has had success, could be a possibility.

To NYI: P-A Parenteau (1 year left, $4 M salary/cap hit, pending UFA)

To MTL: Michael Grabner (1 year left, $5 M salary, $3 M cap hit, pending UFA)

Why for NYI? They've been searching for a second winger to play with Tavares and Okposo ever since Parenteau left. If he has a shot at still being a top six forward, it's probably there. Also, they save $1 M in salary and for a budget team, that's important.

Why for MTL? As much as they'd like to get another top six forward in return, doing so would require them taking on a bigger ticket contract. That may not be the most ideal thing to do. Grabner, though a bottom six guy, fits in well as a speedster with some size and could make a better impact from the bottom six than Parenteau (who likely would be down there before long again next year). They take on more money but get the benefit of saving $1 M in cap space.

Both players seem to be perceived as guys with no value or negative value. I think a change of scenery for these two would probably be beneficial for both teams.

A darn low risk move, if need to stick Paranteau or another similar bum in press box for one year, so be it. I like the cap saving though.