When does Therrien get fired?

habs rule

What kind of drugs would one have to be on to even imply that Julien is a better coach than Therrien?

If you wiki "dumb looking bastard" Julien's picture comes up in a new window... :crazy:

So happy to NOT have to watch him cry this spring, What a goof.

Guest Stogey24

Even if, Price forbid, we get swept by the Senators and Therrien throws a post-series tantrum, he ain't getting fired.

Nope, but if he shits the bed at the start of next season, along with an early exit in the playoffs, I could see it.

I wouldn't even really want to see him get fired, I don't like Therrien, but there's no denying he's done well here

What kind of drugs would one have to be on to even imply that Julien is a better coach than Therrien?

If you wiki "dumb looking bastard" Julien's picture comes up in a new window... :crazy:

So happy to NOT have to watch him cry this spring, What a goof.

Let's see he has a Stanley cup to his name and a lot of successful seasons. how many you and Le Genius got? But yeah he is a dumb looking batard. Of course Le Genius is no Robert Redford in his Don Cherry imitation suits. :)

Bait not taken.

Well done. :)

Let's see he has a Stanley cup to his name and a lot of successful seasons. how many you and Le Genius got? But yeah he is a dumb looking batard. Of course Le Genius is no Robert Redford in his Don Cherry imitation suits. :)

Well done. :)

MT and I don't have any together, but Scotty Bowman and I have several... and he isn't a whining hypocrite, bet I'm not the only Hab fan that thinks Julien sucks. His cup came from Bruins owner, and his referee control.

MT and I don't have any together, but Scotty Bowman and I have several... and he isn't a whining hypocrite, bet I'm not the only Hab fan that thinks Julien sucks. His cup came from Bruins owner, and his referee control.

Well I am not sure what that strategy is called but I sense you have severe dislike of Mr Julien, which is ok cause we haven't hired him yet and I only suggested that as a joke.

Quote: And it looks like a certain french speaking coach in Bawston may be availablle.....hmmmmm. JUST KIDDING.

Well I am not sure what that strategy is called but I sense you have severe dislike of Mr Julien, which is ok cause we haven't hired him yet and I only suggested that as a joke.

Quote: And it looks like a certain french speaking coach in Bawston may be availablle.....hmmmmm. JUST KIDDING.

It's not that I have a hate on for him, just don't like his attitude, or his demeanor as a head coach, and for that matter, it wasn't his brains that won that tainted cup.

Just don't think he is the cerebral hockey brain that some people have him figured at, and the only reason people suggest him as a possibility as the Habs bench again someday, is that he speaks French, and that in itself is as dumb as I see him.

In terms of strategy, his only strategy for the Bruins cup run was goon it up, and whine about the other team to get refs even more on his side, as if the stagnant NHL mindset of a penalty not being a penalty in the playoffs wasn't enough.

Nothing to be proud of with this knuckle dragger as a head coach. Hope that explains my view enough so as you don't have any more questions or suggestions about what I think on this subject sir.

As I said before, Therrien gets fired when his teams repeatedly fail to meet post-season expectations. I.e., if the Habs (God, Great Pumpkin or other deity of your choice forbid) go out early this season and next season that would probably do.

Julien is a very good coach. Not upper echelon, not great, not even formerly great. Just very good.

He's proved as much as the Marc Crawford and Bob Hartley and John Torterellas of the world have. There are cupless coaches I'd prefer and cup winning coaches I wouldn't.

I think Therrien is a better coach than him but they are in that same category of guys who need a strong team behind them and a good braintrust managing.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stogey24

I'm NOT trying to stir shit up, but if Ottawa does come back and win this series(they won't). Does Therrien seat start feeling pretty warm?

I'm NOT trying to stir shit up, but if Ottawa does come back and win this series(they won't). Does Therrien seat start feeling pretty warm?

It's a very good question - I was wondering the same thing myself. IF the Habs lose the series, it would be an historic collapse, and while it wouldn't be inconceivable that Zoot Suit just says, 'this is a young team, we're staying the course,' I think it's more likely that he would do something (e.g., making a big trade for a second scorer to support MaxPac). Whether that 'something' includes firing MT, I dunno. Still, for a veteran coach to allow his team to lose four straight to an inferior squad, up against a less experienced coach to boot - that would have to be something for the GM to think hard about.

It's a very good question - I was wondering the same thing myself. IF the Habs lose the series, it would be an historic collapse, and while it wouldn't be inconceivable that Zoot Suit just says, 'this is a young team, we're staying the course,' I think it's more likely that he would do something (e.g., making a big trade for a second scorer to support MaxPac). Whether that 'something' includes firing MT, I dunno. Still, for a veteran coach to allow his team to lose four straight to an inferior squad, up against a less experienced coach to boot - that would have to be something for the GM to think hard about.

If habs choked here (and thats a big if) and they came out next season and did not start the year well. He will be replaced for sure. Zoot has no problem making changes, even with guys he signed. Some gms are not as willing.

Regardless MT will be replaced before the habs win the cup. You can bank on that.

By the time the habs do win a cup three main positions will be altered. MT will be gone, DD and TP will have less prominent roles. Filling those positions easier said that done.........but need to be done none the less.

He has a good regular season record. He went to the 3rd round last year, but a coach can be fired for having the same problems arise time after time.

I am not saying he is going to be fired but, if ottawa wins this series then I think he has to be square in the target. The PP is shitty and that falls on him, he either can't make one work or he can't hire someone who can. The pp is costing us this series right now.

He has a good regular season record. He went to the 3rd round last year, but a coach can be fired for having the same problems arise time after time.

I am not saying he is going to be fired but, if ottawa wins this series then I think he has to be square in the target. The PP is shitty and that falls on him, he either can't make one work or he can't hire someone who can. The pp is costing us this series right now.

The same pp that struggled from oct to march.....is the exact same pp we all watched last night. Thats not bad coaching....thats no coaching.

Despite having been a fairly strong MT defender, I've said all along that he has to bear part of the responsibility for the bad PP. If we end up losing a series in significant measure because of that PP, he will have to wear that. Is it a firing offence? Hopefully we needn't find out...