Carey Price..Hart Trophy?

ICEWATER77

names boys , names ............ if not Carey Price as the mvp TO HIS TEAM then who?.............pick a name that we can stand up Careys preformance and value against ? unless you got an actual name....carey seems to be unanimous front runner.

I already put my top ten...........Price and Giordano 1 and 2 respectively.

and for you jealous lovers this is not in any way a slight on the Canadiens who play in front of him. :nuts:

names boys , names ............ if not Carey Price as the mvp TO HIS TEAM then who.............pick a name that we can stand up Careys preformance and value??????? unless you got an actual name....carey seems to be unanimous front runner.

I already put my top ten...........Price and Giordano 1 and 2 respectively.

I agree with this. Pick one of Price Giordano or Vorachek. Mid season mvp

Some guys are biased hab fans, and this sight has no shortage of them.......... i however am not being at all bias when i say that this season, at this point in the season if they were to hand out the trophy today Carey Price wins it. If you want to debate that, lets here the name of the player who you deem more worthy. Just curious.

For sure it is realistic.

LOL ! keep talking you might even convince your self

Admit it-you were a Halak advocate when the trade happened. Don't even try to BS, we know you hate everything management does and you only care about the playoffs. How many thousands of posts did you write stumping for Halak?

I bet your avatar was the "Stop/Halak" sign until 2012-2013.

On the flipside, if we didn't have Price, why are people going straight to us starting Tokarski? Habs are rarely without a great goalie in net. If we didn't have Price we'd have someone else in net that could win a lot of games. Probably not as good as Price though.

Sorry I thought this was about the team we actually have. So we can just make one up to answer this question?

On my fantasy team I want Price, you can have whoever you want. Carey Price is our MVP.

• Upvote 1

Admit it-you were a Halak advocate when the trade happened. Don't even try to BS, we know you hate everything management does and you only care about the playoffs. How many thousands of posts did you write stumping for Halak?

I bet your avatar was the "Stop/Halak" sign until 2012-2013.

Watched Price from front row seats win four play off rounds and the calder cup while absolutely running away with mvp honours. Witnessed first hand live just what he is capable of. You could not be more wrong. Was a huge Price fan when you barely knew who he was. :thumbs_up:

Sorry I thought this was about the team we actually have. So we can just make one up to answer this question?

On my fantasy team I want Price, you can have whoever you want. Carey Price is our MVP.

So then your argument is that a hockey team would be in trouble without their starter? I think most would agree with you.

He's right. In your argument, if the Habs didn't have Price they'd have a Luongo or Hiller or someone else of at least decent class. Organizations don't usually go from a Price to an Enroth as a starter overnight. Even Vancouver went from Luongo to Schneider to Miller. If you're saying that we're in trouble if Price gets injured and Tokarski has to start down the stretch then all will agree. It happened last year.

Watched Price from front row seats win four play off rounds and the calder cup while absolutely running away with mvp honours. Witnessed first hand live just what he is capable of. You could not be more wrong. Was a huge Price fan when you barely knew who he was. :thumbs_up:

I remember Bob MacKenzie on Sportsdesk(at the time) saying that it was one of the best, if not the best, goaltending playoff performamnces of all time, in any league...

You lucky dog, you got to see it! :thumbs_up:

So then your argument is that a hockey team would be in trouble without their starter? I think most would agree with you.

He's right. In your argument, if the Habs didn't have Price they'd have a Luongo or Hiller or someone else of at least decent class. Organizations don't usually go from a Price to an Enroth as a starter overnight. Even Vancouver went from Luongo to Schneider to Miller. If you're saying that we're in trouble if Price gets injured and Tokarski has to start down the stretch then all will agree. It happened last year.

Yes they would have a "decent" goalie, be a bubble team battling for 8th spot.

I remember Bob MacKenzie on Sportsdesk(at the time) saying that it was one of the best, if not the best, goaltending playoff performamnces of all time, in any league...

You lucky dog, you got to see it! :thumbs_up:

It was something to behold alright.

Is anybody going name a player ahead of Price for early mpv honors? Tough to do aint it.

Getzlaf, Giordano, Kane, Rinne, Tavares, Nash, Voracek, and Tarasenko are all in the conversation. This year is wide open so far but I'm sure there will be more separation as the season progresses.

Yes agree, HabFans fixated on Price, but are numerous players playing super as well. But we just don't watch Ducks. Hawks, Nashville etc play, so cant help but be biased.

No question he is #1 Hab, look at Molson award for past 3 years, his name is on it for almost every month.

pretty simple

the name of a hockey player who's contributions to his team have been greater than Prices contributions to his team. In your opinion.

there is no right or wrong answer.

so far on this site the posters have picked Carey Price.............. or, gee there are lots of good hockey players that could win it.

Yes agree, HabFans fixated on Price, but are numerous players playing super as well. But we just don't watch Ducks. Hawks, Nashville etc play, so cant help but be biased.

No question he is #1 Hab, look at Molson award for past 3 years, his name is on it for almost every month.

nobody watches all 82 games of every team , but best players get picked all the time anyways

It all depends on how good you think the Flames really are. If you think they are a pretender, and that pretender is going to make the playoffs over the LA Kings? Giordano is pretty deserving as the most valuable player to his team. Otherwise, it'd probably goto Price.

It all depends on how good you think the Flames really are. If you think they are a pretender, and that pretender is going to make the playoffs over the LA Kings? Giordano is pretty deserving as the most valuable player to his team. Otherwise, it'd probably goto Price.

Yes Giordano my second pick the way its gone so far.

But giving out awards 1/2 way through season is just not right; will that Vorachek keep producing, will Nash taper off or hot and get 60 goals? Will Forsberg be caught and passed in rookie scoring? Will Rinne be able to come back from injury and play as well, etc?

3 months, ton of games and so many unknowns.

Yeah... sure. In five years when the Habs have a Cup in their back pocket, you'll be raving about Therrien. That's a nice story, that slice of life is worthy of John Updike.

But giving out awards 1/2 way through season is just not right; will that Vorachek keep producing, will Nash taper off or hot and get 60 goals? Will Forsberg be caught and passed in rookie scoring? Will Rinne be able to come back from injury and play as well, etc?

who cares if voracheck keeps producing if the flyers don't make the playoffs.

I think if the Hart was given out right now it would go to Getzlaf. Add in the fact that goalies rarely win the award, Mr. Price would have to have an amazing second half to have a shot

I think if the Hart was given out right now it would go to Getzlaf. Add in the fact that goalies rarely win the award, Mr. Price would have to have an amazing second half to have a shot

It's all about the narrative. I would place Price in the top five, but "the guy who makes a bad team succeed" only wins when his team squeeks into the playoffs.

-Corey Perry (2011)

-Theodore (2002)

-Pronger (2000)

-Hasek (97/98)

A great comparable is Tim Thomas in 2010-2011. TT had a save percentage of almost .940. Who won the Hart Trophy that year? Corey Perry. Price will have to improve to get to .930. There's no real chance he'll win the Hart Trophy. The Hart Trophy is given to dominant offensive players 9/10. If any defensive player is going to win, my money is on Mark Giordano.

if the question was who is going to win at the end of the season and receive the hardware.

but the question is who do you THINK is leading at the all star break.

but i get it, you would rather not say

pretty easy for me. so far i say Carey Price my pick for front runner.

how tough is that.