Time to Pull the Plug, MB

Sometimes you realize that you get what you pay for. Maybe you bought a cheap coffee table that fell apart, or a shit box car that broke down at the worst time because you didn't want the payment. When these cheap wares fall apart and you bite the bullet.

Devante Smith Pelly, Brian Flynn and Torrey Mitchell suck. Acquired in that order, each is worst than the last. Demonstrably.

Torrey Mitchell is not an NHL player. I used to watch him at UVM and he was the cat's asshole. This was in 2005-2006. He's about as good at hockey now as I am at figuring out demand curves or recalling dates in colonial Latin American history. The Canadiens have won two games out of 11 with him in the lineup, and one game when was when he got hurt in his first shift. He's not an NHL player. Role players, especially fourth liners have a shelf life. There's no place for him in the NHL at age 30.

Brian Flynn is a Massachusetts college guy who was a fourth liner on the worst team in the last 20 years. Nuff said.

Devante Smith Pelly was traded to provide grit, and there was none. He was traded for to get timely goals and he has one assist in 16 games.

But hey, at least he has an assist! Mitchell and Flynn have 0 point in 17 games.

Thirty four games and zero goals!

Time to pull the plug on these losers. Insert Manny back in the lineup and recall two of Andrighetto, Bournival or Tangradi. Right now we have two Buffaslugs in the lineup that are worse than Drayson Bowman.

MB needs to swallow his pride and admit these deadline deals didn't work. In my mind these were as bad as the summer where he signed/traded for Parros/Briere/Murray. What's disappointing is that he didn't learn from those mistakes. If you don't want to pay the cost, stop trading for losers.

Bournival isn't getting recalled anytime soon. He's out with dizziness (aka, concussion-like symptoms). There's also the recall limit to monitor, they're already used one of four and that four has to last until Hamilton's eliminated (which won't be until partway through the 1st round at least).

Sometimes you realize that you get what you pay for. Maybe you bought a cheap coffee table that fell apart, or a shit box car that broke down at the worst time because you didn't want the payment. When these cheap wares fall apart and you bite the bullet.

Devante Smith Pelly, Brian Flynn and Torrey Mitchell suck. Acquired in that order, each is worst than the last. Demonstrably.

Torrey Mitchell is not an NHL player. I used to watch him at UVM and he was the cat's asshole. This was in 2005-2006. He's about as good at hockey now as I am at figuring out demand curves or recalling dates in colonial Latin American history. The Canadiens have won two games out of 11 with him in the lineup, and one game when was when he got hurt in his first shift. He's not an NHL player. Role players, especially fourth liners have a shelf life. There's no place for him in the NHL at age 30.

Brian Flynn is a Massachusetts college guy who was a fourth liner on the worst team in the last 20 years. Nuff said.

Devante Smith Pelly was traded to provide grit, and there was none. He was traded for to get timely goals and he has one assist in 16 games.

But hey, at least he has an assist! Mitchell and Flynn have 0 point in 17 games.

Thirty four games and zero goals!

Time to pull the plug on these losers. Insert Manny back in the lineup and recall two of Andrighetto, Bournival or Tangradi. Right now we have two Buffaslugs in the lineup that are worse than Drayson Bowman.

MB needs to swallow his pride and admit these deadline deals didn't work. In my mind these were as bad as the summer where he signed/traded for Parros/Briere/Murray. What's disappointing is that he didn't learn from those mistakes. If you don't want to pay the cost, stop trading for losers.

Results are what count. You spell it out loud and clear. These guys aint gettin it done.

Habs still win games with and are carried by players that were all Canadiens before MB left Chicago. This summer or next season he has to step up and put his stamp on this team. I'm sure he will do that. Untill then its the "magnificent four" that will have to pull us through.

Guest Stogey24

100% agree with this thread. The fourth line started to find some chemistry with Malholtra centering it. Weise and Prust were flying out there against Carolina. Then for some stupid reason they inserted Mitchell back in the line up. Exactly like lovett said, swallow your pride and put these guys in the pressbox, they're nothing more than depth.

As for Pelly, he's still a viable option on this roster. He just should not have came at the cost of Jiri Sekac! I won't write him off until he gets a full season with the Habs.

100% agree with this thread. The fourth line started to find some chemistry with Malholtra centering it. Weise and Prust were flying out there against Carolina. Then for some stupid reason they inserted Mitchell back in the line up. Exactly like lovett said, swallow your pride and put these guys in the pressbox, they're nothing more than depth.

As for Pelly, he's still a viable option on this roster. He just should not have came at the cost of Jiri Sekac! I won't write him off until he gets a full season with the Habs.

Manny Prust Weiss can make up one of the best fourth lines in the league. Loved that line in october.

the line up that played in the back to back road wins over Jackets (w5-2) and Blues (w5-2) is the line up this team should be icing. They were the two best games the team played all season.

These games are like September ones, outcome is relatively irrelevant and are just toying with roster.

But, if Subban/Markov were left at the same posh resort they stayed at while in Florida last year, until April 15th or so might also be a good plan. :hyper:

But likely will be same as last year and whole team will get extra day or so in Sunny Fla. on Mon/Tues.

Why not Manny? Because he has no goals? Mitchell's possession numbers are worse than George Parros's. He might be the worst player in the NHL.

Like Dapper Don says-When the Habs sent down the Canadian boys and loaded up on college guys, they went in the wrong direction. They're all yours Hockey East!

Yeah, this said it for me too.

Before we go scrutinizing the lack of goal scoring from a couple of 4th liners(are they supposed to score?) how about we look at the top 6 first?

Absolutely! When things go south, this board typically points fingers at the bottom lines or the players that cruise them. God help anybody that criticizes one of their fan boys. Need more production out of top six and powerplay.

• Upvote 1

DSP is starting to look okay.

Mitchell and Flynn...well, I didn't expect much from them. They're depth...depth we hardly needed and I have no idea why they're playing ahead of Malhotra.

None of them filled our need for more offense. Let's hope we have enough...

Before we go scrutinizing the lack of goal scoring from a couple of 4th liners(are they supposed to score?) how about we look at the top 6 first?

Not saying there is enough scoring from the PP and top 6, but the bottom 6 has to play some hard minutes and bring some cycle, or physical pressure on the opposition's D, grind for later stages of the game, some goals wouldn't hurt either, but there has to be more to the bottom 6 than Mitchell has shown, which is nothing so far, I'll take Manny in there any day for all his intangibles... goals or not this year, he is an A typical playoff player, and will get some games I'm sure.

Not saying there is enough scoring from the PP and top 6, but the bottom 6 has to play some hard minutes and bring some cycle, or physical pressure on the opposition's D, grind for later stages of the game, some goals wouldn't hurt either, but there has to be more to the bottom 6 than Mitchell has shown, which is nothing so far, I'll take Manny in there any day for all his intangibles... goals or not this year, he is an A typical playoff player, and will get some games I'm sure.

Cutting Mannys ice time for not scoring would be like cutting markovs ice time for not hitting...............its not why they were signed.

Seen White and Sekac score couple nice goals on the week end. I wish we would have kept White. Six goals in less than half season with flyers. Does our entire fourth line combined (made up of about 11 players) have that total in all season?

Guest Stogey24

Cutting Mannys ice time for not scoring would be like cutting markovs ice time for not hitting...............its not why they were signed.

Seen White and Sekac score couple nice goals on the week end. I wish we would have kept White. Six goals in less than half season with flyers. Does our entire fourth line combined (made up of about 11 players) have that total in all season?

Why did Bergevin get rid of White, then go out and sign two worse bottom 6 guys at the deadline? I get Mitchel is a right handed centre, but really makes no sense

The last trades made before the deadline were not really productive for this team. I include the one for Petry, because I believe we were already strong enough at that position with Gonchar, Beaulieu, Pateryn and Tinordi.

Same thing with guys like Smith-Pelly, Mitchell and Lynch. No improvement what so ever, and we gave draft picks and a good hockey player (Sekac). I understand the idea behind the trades, but the results are disappointing so far.

IMO our real weakness was at the top six level. If there was nobody available to help at this level, MB should have sit on his hands. We would still have Sekac in the line up. I bet that he would make a better option than Smith-Pelly on the first line. MB could also have made an offer for Jagr. He might not be half the player he used to be, but it's still a lot more than a Smith-Pelly.

Having said that, I still like MB a lot. You can't blame him for trying too hard. Let's hope that he will learn from the experience and this year's mistakes won't be too costly.

Uh, our GM loaded up on playoff DEPTH and he is criticized for a mistake BEFORE the freakin playoffs even start!!

Now, Flynn and Mitchell are not going to set the world on fire...they are 4th line depth players who were acquired at very minimal cost. Petry is an extremely useful addition who cost a 2nd round pick

Smith- Pelly was acquired to crash and bang and with the expectation that he would provide some playoff goals. By his own admission DSP had some issues fitting in the Habs system, but Sekac is not exactly wowing people in Anaheim. Personally, I think everyone here will be happy with DSP by the end of the playoffs--but like the rest of us, I could be wrong...only time will tell.

I have no problem criticizing a GM, but it is ludicrous to think that every move is going to look great immediately and it is a mistake to prematurely evaluate a trade.

You're talking about Ryan White? Mr. "Take stupid penalties for no reason every single shift?"

That was always exaggerated about White after he took a bad penalty that led to a goal. Pretty sure Subban has done that more than anyone on the team.

He's looked really good in Philadelphia. I'd take him back but I'm pretty sure they love him there. 12 points in 31 games.

The SC is won by teams with plenty of depth, with 3rd and 4th liners contributing something. Ideally you'd want three lines that can score, but with us, that's asking a lot. We've got an abundance of 4th liners to rotate in as needed. These players tend to play with less skill, and fewer minutes, but play a more physical style than the top six..therefore having a few extra bodies in the rotation is practically mandatory. Are Flynn and/or Mitchell going to be vying for the Conn Smythe? Not in a million years, but they're not asked to do so. Just as long as they can keep the puck out of our net, provide some energy, and give the top lines a much needed rest..and who knows, maybe they can bang home a goal or two.

I liked White too, but a team can't keep everybody in the line up. There are a lot of players like Ryan White in the NHL, management should be able to find a replacement rather easily. We need better players for the first two lines to become a real force. It's a lot harder to find. Let's give MB more time.