Dale Weise wins the Jacques Beauchamp Trophy

dlbalr

I would rank drafting Subban above the Theadore dump.

Totally agree on the worst move by the Goat...... Kabby! I remember being told by a friend at the gym the Habs just traded for Kaberale....I literally laughed out loud when I realized he WASN'T joking.

Knew that second a new GM was in the near future.

Guest Stogey24

I would rank drafting Subban above the Theadore dump.

Totally agree on the worst move by the Goat...... Kabby! I remember being told by a friend at the gym the Habs just traded for Kabreale....I literally laughed out loud when I realized he WASN'T joking. Knew that second a new GM was in the near future.

what's a gym?

I remember that Montreal Boston game so clearly when Cammalleri got traded.

I stopped being a Habs fan for a few weeks. Eventually the team bottomed out and by March it felt better to jump back and on and enjoy the freefall than keep whining and complaining. Once I knew the team would clean house after that and we weren't trading any valuable guys away I was fine.

I used to scoff when former Habs fans told me they stopped cheering the team after the way they treated Guy Lafleur but after seeing Mike Cammalleri get traded mid-game against Boston and then Gauthier try to keep his last sweater from him? It was hard to be a Habs fan.

Guest Stogey24

Lol, I hear ya. One of the most self centred trades I've ever seen in my life

We got Bourque mid suspension too. I remember it was like his first or second games with the Habs after serving it and we were playing the caps. Hendricks went right after Bourque for the elbow he gave Backstrom while playing for Calgary. Bourque kicked the shit out of him. I almost bought a Bourque Jersey after that scrap. Thank God I didn't

Gainey made other pretty major mistakes, too, like throwing away Ribeiro for zilch (although the Pateryn trade looks tolerably good in retrospect). His was a very chequered run as GM. But it seems silly to deny that he bequeathed us four of the most important players on the best team we have had in 20 years (Price, Pleks, Patches, and PK). The core is the core he built.

Ribeiro was punk, then he is a punk now. It would have been nice to get something for him but nobody wanted him. It takes 2 to make a trade. Ribs has not exactly had a great career since Bob ran him out of town. But he did admit that he was a problem in Montreal and regrets what happened.

I remember that Montreal Boston game so clearly when Cammalleri got traded.

Was a great day! kick a j-ass like him off team. And dont take that jersey neither!

Ribeiro was punk, then he is a punk now. It would have been nice to get something for him but nobody wanted him. It takes 2 to make a trade. Ribs has not exactly had a great career since Bob ran him out of town. But he did admit that he was a problem in Montreal and regrets what happened.

Ribero another waste of talent.

Ribeiro: 665 points in 876 games, not even counting this year's totals on Nashville. I get that he's not leadership material and that he has trouble "staying off the sauce" (as Jeremey Roenick put it in an interview), but to trade away that kind of production cannot be rated a good move, especially considering how problematic the centre-ice position was throughout Bob's tenure. Anyway, it's an old issue and I don't want to dwell on it, but the fact remains that Ribs has had a long and productive NHL career and we threw him away for a bag of pucks.

Ribeiro: 665 points in 876 games, not even counting this year's totals on Nashville. I get that he's not leadership material and that he has trouble "staying off the sauce" (as Jeremey Roenick put it in an interview), but to trade away that kind of production cannot be rated a good move, especially considering how problematic the centre-ice position was throughout Bob's tenure. Anyway, it's an old issue and I don't want to dwell on it, but the fact remains that Ribs has had a long and productive NHL career and we threw him away for a bag of pucks.

well those stats are impressive, however bob was only the first to trade him. Last 3 years 3 different teams. He had a hell of a time getting Nashville to give him a shot. Absolutely nobody wanted the trouble he brings. I agree I would have liked to get more for him, it wasn't possible apparently.

As does every team he plays on. Maybe JR is right.