Apr. 9, Wings vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Lars looked good tonight. Has looked a lot better of late. Great win for Carey. Lucky goal but who cares we got the win. Excellent.

Larry was good all night.

and the pp scored.

Now Price does can take saturday off.

Anyone else tired of watching this predictable PP? No matter who gets the puck the next move is always a pass to Markov or Subban. Easy to read and lead to a goal against. I know Markov is a great quarterback and Subban has one fo the most dangerous one-timers in the NHL, but defenses cover Subban and Markov and the PP falls flat, nearly every time. Really need Therrian to get them to work on alot more down low plays or give someone (pleks/patches) the green light to one-time from the right circle. When it is setup they alway pass back to Markov and back to the same predictability.

The right side one-timer doesn't need to be a great shot, just one worth making the defense slack off on the coverage of Markov and Subban. Then the PP gets dangerous again.

lol... no use mentioning therrien and powerplay in same sentence.

5 on 3 looked good . :nuts:

So do we rest our best players on saturday against the loser leafs?? The Leafs will bring back Colton Orr for one final time. Do we risk injuries to Subban, Markov, Price???

Not much made of Therrien using Subban a ton more on the penalty kill this year, maturation of PK as all-round d-man.

He always has been. Killed penalties in junior, world juniors, and the AHL, and was very good at it. There are no weak parts to his game. Never has been.

Great to see the players appreciate Price for his great accomplishment.

Now we only need a single point or Tampa to get just a single point vs. the Bruins to clinch the division. As far as who we are playing in the first round, still so much up in the air. We may find out one thing tomorrow and that is if the Penguins win we can guarantee that we will not play the Bruins in the first round.

That's the worst goaltending I've seen.

Its the wings weak point all season.

Great to see the players appreciate Price for his great accomplishment.

Now we only need a single point or Tampa to get just a single point vs. the Bruins to clinch the division. As far as who we are playing in the first round, still so much up in the air. We may find out one thing tomorrow and that is if the Penguins win we can guarantee that we will not play the Bruins in the first round.

Bruins lost.... Sens win. Makes it even more interesting.

So do we rest our best players on saturday against the loser leafs?? The Leafs will bring back Colton Orr for one final time. Do we risk injuries to Subban, Markov, Price???

Play Pateryn, NB, Weaver, Tinordi, Petry, Gilbert. on D.

Rest Gally, Pleks, Subban, Markov, Emelin, Price

With different length of seasons and shootouts; 43 may have an asterisk?

But still is first to 43 W's in 100 years, pretty darn good.

yes it is, But I agree. After 60 minutes Dryben and Plante had 42 wins. Price had 34 after 60 i think.

9 of Careys win took extra time.

As HR said....they dont ask how, just how many. :thumbs_up: Hart Trophy guaranteed.

Flames eliminate kings and make the play offs.

This makes me happy. Hockey is a fickle thing and gms follow trends. Remember when goalies didn't matter? Like 5 years ago. Seeing a dirty cheating team like Boston and LA miss the playoffs is a good thing for tye game. Seeing speed and skill rule the top like mtl nyr and tbl is also good for the game. I just hope a dirt team doesn't muck their way to the cup this year.

I'd rest Price against Toronto. Tokarski should still give them a shot against that bottom feeder.

Too bad Chicago still has something to play for (trying to avoid the wild card spot) because it's realistically down to Montreal and Chicago for fewest goals allowed by a team this season.

Also, give me Detroit, Pittsburgh or Boston in the first round. No thanks to playing the Team of Destiny, even if I think Hammond is going to realize he's an AHLer in the playoffs.

This makes me happy. Hockey is a fickle thing and gms follow trends. Remember when goalies didn't matter? Like 5 years ago. Seeing a dirty cheating team like Boston and LA miss the playoffs is a good thing for tye game. Seeing speed and skill rule the top like mtl nyr and tbl is also good for the game. I just hope a dirt team doesn't muck their way to the cup this year.

lol "cheat their way to a cup" if it were only that easy!

I'm happy to see the Kings out for two reasons. First, given that we have at least some sort of chance to escape the Conference, I hate the thought of them as a Cup Finals matchup for les boys. Doughty neutralizes Subban, while Quick (at his best) is too close to Price for comfort. Add to that their punishing Sutter-esque style, it's not a good combination. So good that they're out.

The other thing is that I've long been irritated with the way that team does "just enough" during the regular season to squeak into the playoffs, then goes on a tear. I'm glad this cynical strategy caught up to them.

I'm glad the Kings are out for two reasons. The first is that I'm tired of the narrative that they "slept" through the regular season. They struggled and then peaked at the right time. Second, any team that lets Slava Voynov skate with them after his criminal charges deserves nothing but the worst.

Play Pateryn, NB, Weaver, Tinordi, Petry, Gilbert. on D.

Rest Gally, Pleks, Subban, Markov, Emelin, Price

Tinordi's injured right now and isn't expected to be back until the AHL playoffs. Gonchar could take that spot on your lineup though.

Also, you're resting one too many forwards with the roster as it is. They only have one healthy scratch up front with Pacioretty out.

Nilan has offered to play vs Orr!

He said Bergy would likely be fine with it, but not Mikey. :nuts:

Screw it, put Weaver on wing and Galchenyuk at centre with Plekanec sitting.

Dogs are toast, so bring up Finley, Fournier, Lernout & Dumont and sit Markov & Subban.

Tinordi's injured right now and isn't expected to be back until the AHL playoffs. Gonchar could take that spot on your lineup though.

Also, you're resting one too many forwards with the roster as it is. They only have one healthy scratch up front with Pacioretty out.

Right. Rest Gally then.

They score goals when they're without Patches. What the heck. Maybe Pacioretty is our problem.

I was thinking something similar this morning.

Obviously it's not a problem with Patches himself, but possibly a problem with certain attitudes on the team - maybe they rely on Max too much? Without him in the lineup, everyone knows they have to step up their game and get scoring from somewhere, so they play a little more offensive, less conservative? I don't know. Sample size too small. I just hope Max is back next week.

I was thinking something similar this morning.

Obviously it's not a problem with Patches himself, but possibly a problem with certain attitudes on the team - maybe they rely on Max too much? Without him in the lineup, everyone knows they have to step up their game and get scoring from somewhere, so they play a little more offensive, less conservative? I don't know. Sample size too small. I just hope Max is back next week.

sample size to small