Series Discussion Thread: Habs vs Senators

dlbalr

Winning 8 of last 10 when fighting for spot is pretty good no? Better finshing record than the bruins, pens, wings, panthers, kings, sharks who were all trying to accomplish the same.

Bottom line this team cannot be taken lightly in the slightest. ....they are playing extremely well and they seem to have our number.

Good thing about playing the sens is I already hate them from two years ago and I am confident we have a team that remembers that and has lots of stamina left in them. Something I dont think the sens have. Some of our slightly invisible grinders will start grinding them to bits. DSP, Weise, Emelin and Prust will be alot tougher to face from now on and lets not forget Gallagher. He will be that little creature from Alien that will break through from under their skin. Ive longed for us to face these sens again. Lets hope for the ragdolls in the ECF as well for payback for the Kreider incident.

Good thing about playing the sens is I already hate them from two years ago and I am confident we have a team that remembers that and has lots of stamina left in them. Something I dont think the sens have. Some of our slightly invisible grinders will start grinding them to bits. DSP, Weise, Emelin and Prust will be alot tougher to face from now on and lets not forget Gallagher. He will be that little creature from Alien that will break through from under their skin. Ive longed for us to face these sens again. Lets hope for the ragdolls in the ECF as well for payback for the Kreider incident.

Now that's what I like to hear, I feel the same way exactly!

I love your hate for the sens.....it encourages me

I really think this series hinges on MaxPac's recovery. The Sens do not have depth on their roster. If Patches is on the ice, they'll have to cover him with their best, which will leave everything wide open for guys like Galchenyuk, Desharnais, PAP. Eller, DSP & Weise to put up numbers. (Pleks & Gallagher will be covered with Patches.)

If Patches isn't playing, then they can divide their best defenders and cover our anemic offense fairly effectively.

I fully expect the Habs to come out playing with much more intensity and playing better hockey at the drop of the puck then they have through the last 30 games of the regular season. They were definitely coasting to a degree and still won the division and I have noticed they flick the switch at times and I have no doubt they will do it now. As for Hammond, this run cannot continue, if it does he will go down as the best goalie ever to play the game and I just don't see that happening. Don't forget that he was a sub par AHL goalie as recently as a few months ago. I don't think he magically became amazing at age 27 when he first gets called up to the NHL. All that said the run could very well continue for another couple weeks and with the parity in the league, any playoff team can win a round against anyone but in my mind Montreal has to be favored without a doubt.

I fully expect the Habs to come out playing with much more intensity and playing better hockey at the drop of the puck then they have through the last 30 games of the regular season. They were definitely coasting to a degree and still won the division and I have noticed they flick the switch at times and I have no doubt they will do it now. As for Hammond, this run cannot continue, if it does he will go down as the best goalie ever to play the game and I just don't see that happening. Don't forget that he was a sub par AHL goalie as recently as a few months ago. I don't think he magically became amazing at age 27 when he first gets called up to the NHL. All that said the run could very well continue for another couple weeks and with the parity in the league, any playoff team can win a round against anyone but in my mind Montreal has to be favored without a doubt.

Vegas had the odds -160, the highest of any series except the Rangers.

I blame the Canadian media for drumming up post-Leafs moratorium hype. These guys are nothing special.

Vegas had the odds -160, the highest of any series except the Rangers.

I blame the Canadian media for drumming up post-Leafs moratorium hype. These guys are nothing special.

Everything I have read seems to point at the Habs being the underdogs and anybody I talk to says to me something like "oh I bet you're scared" or " you're going down". The fact that Ottawa went on one of the best runs in history makes them a feel good story, and it also furthers the hate that most already had for the Habs.

Everything I have read seems to point at the Habs being the underdogs and anybody I talk to says to me something like "oh I bet you're scared" or " you're going down". The fact that Ottawa went on one of the best runs in history makes them a feel good story, and it also furthers the hate that most already had for the Habs.

Vegas is what I usually look at. People are on full emotion ride with the Senators, and that's ok. But a regular season Cinderella run is different from a post season one.

Looks like Therrien is going with Pac-Desh-Parenteau, the same line that hasn't worked since the start of the season. On the first PP as well. I'm sure the soft melon boys are going to be digging out DD's pucks with Boro and Gryba back there. Ouch.

But then again, with Pac's health this could very well be a third line. In the Tampa series DD was playing 15 minutes a night. I like the idea of the Eller line shutting down the Turris line and DD's line being used for exploitation purposes. The Plekanec line can play against any line and have the better run of play.

Guest Stogey24

Vegas is what I usually look at. People are on full emotion ride with the Senators, and that's ok. But a regular season Cinderella run is different from a post season one.

Looks like Therrien is going with Pac-Desh-Parenteau, the same line that hasn't worked since the start of the season. On the first PP as well. I'm sure the soft melon boys are going to be digging out DD's pucks with Boro and Gryba back there. Ouch,

Parenteau may put up points here and there, but for most of the season he's looked like he doesn't give a rats ass out there. I've been really disappointed with him this year.

The one guys who's actually looked better lately is Smith-Pelly. Give him the minutes with Pac and DD, see what happens.

Parenteau may put up points here and there, but for most of the season he's looked like he doesn't give a rats ass out there. I've been really disappointed with him this year.

The one guys who's actually looked better lately is Smith-Pelly. Give him the minutes with Pac and DD, see what happens.

Practice reports had DSP and PAP switching on the PP1, same with Beaulieu and Gilbert taking turns with Petry on PP2.

Practice reports had DSP and PAP switching on the PP1, same with Beaulieu and Gilbert taking turns with Petry on PP2.

I'd much rather see DSP in front of the net than the DD-PAP-PAC show of three forwards above the net with their feet in cement blocks. I'm not coach, but even I know that's no the way to free up the Subban one timer.

I'd much rather see DSP in front of the net than the DD-PAP-PAC show of three forwards above the net with their feet in cement blocks. I'm not coach, but even I know that's no the way to free up the Subban one timer.

I'm with you on using DSP on the PP1. Pacioretty is not a front of the net guy. DD is a feeder. They need a mucker. DSP is a solid mucker. He can work the corners and get in front of the net.

Parenteau creates a situation where everyone is just taking shots and passing pucks. That's not going to be effective against Ottawa without a lot of lucky bounces.

Guest Stogey24

I'm with you on using DSP on the PP1. Pacioretty is not a front of the net guy. DD is a feeder. They need a mucker. DSP is a solid mucker. He can work the corners and get in front of the net.

Parenteau creates a situation where everyone is just taking shots and passing pucks. That's not going to be effective against Ottawa without a lot of lucky bounces.

Couldn't agree more. DD and P.A are both setup guys. Way more balance with Pelly on the line

I'd love to see Weise track down Karlsson and drive him into the boards, gotta slow him down, might as well start right away. Unfortunately, Weise may be the only guy that's fast enough to catch him in a precarious spot

Man I am hoping this series goes 7, I just acquired game 6 tickets in Ottawa to go along with my game 7 tickets in Montreal! I'll also settle for a Habs 4 game sweep

NICE.

Good luck Will. Here's for hoping the habs take it in 7 games over time!

All true. Also i think Prust is way healthier that he was in the last series. Petry adds alot.

I really think this series hinges on MaxPac's recovery. The Sens do not have depth on their roster. If Patches is on the ice, they'll have to cover him with their best, which will leave everything wide open for guys like Galchenyuk, Desharnais, PAP. Eller, DSP & Weise to put up numbers. (Pleks & Gallagher will be covered with Patches.)

If Patches isn't playing, then they can divide their best defenders and cover our anemic offense fairly effectively.

Max is huge yes. However Stone out pointed Max (and the rest of the league since january) So they have their hot guy too. Ryan has been quiet even for him.

Gally is playing lights out right now. Who would have thought in 013 that he would be the better player between him and chucky. But he is.

Yep, Gallagher is tough as a cheap steak. Galchenyuk is still a boy yet. Funny thing about physical/psychological maturation...everybody is different, and that's ok. Heck this post-season could be AG's coming out party? Let's hope so :thumbs_up:

Yep, Gallagher is tough as a cheap steak. Galchenyuk is still a boy yet. Funny thing about physical/psychological maturation...everybody is different, and that's ok. Heck this post-season could be AG's coming out party? Let's hope so :thumbs_up:

I hope so to.............. but next season I hope it will be time to stop with the "baby chucky" references. He is 21 and has nearly 200 nhl games under his belt! In todays (young mans game NHL) he will be considered a veteran soon enough. ha!

He's a debutante! ??

Well, he's made it to the ball anyway..! :hyper:

He's a debutante! ??

Well, he's made it to the ball anyway..! :hyper:

When I met you in the restaurant

You could tell I was no debutante

You asked me what's my pleasure

A movie or a measure?

I'll have a cup of tea and tell you of my dreaming

Dreaming is free ,,,