Series Discussion Thread: Habs vs Senators

dlbalr

A sweep would be sweet. Although sometimes longer lay-offs don't seem a big advantage, other than for banged up players of course, like; Pacioretty, Beaulieu and maybe DD/Markov.

A sweep would be sweet. Although sometimes longer lay-offs don't seem a big advantage, other than for banged up players of course, like; Pacioretty, Beaulieu and maybe DD/Markov.

Markov Patches and Beaulieu and Parenteau all could use a break right now. I'll bet there are some sore bodies in that dressing room now.

Gotta say: that Sen d-man Borowiecki seems a solid d-man. Never noticed him play before, but has thrown a lot of nice hits in this series.

Gotta say: that Sen d-man Borowiecki seems a solid d-man. Never noticed him play before, but has thrown a lot of nice hits in this series.

Yeah he is a mean bugger.

ha! Gotta say Don, we rarely agree but I like your style.

I thought you were talking about curling!!

I kept yelling at the tv.. . "Don't listen to him. .SHOOT.. don't sweep!"

Sometimes I just get so confused... :blush:

• Upvote 1

He is the guy that PK actually beat up this pre season...

I just re watched that fight, I am not too sure you could say that PK beat him up. There wasn't too much accomplished eith way. Good effort though. :)

I just re watched that fight, I am not too sure you could say that PK beat him up. There wasn't too much accomplished eith way. Good effort though. :)

Was gonna say, Subban cant barely handle Marchand, so doubt Sen d was too injured.

He is a lover and ladies man... not a fighter. :wub:

slight embellish there. :nuts: "beat up"

watched pk fight while a Bull Dog. Three words..... he can't fight.

ha! he'll be the first to tell ya that.

Guest Stogey24

Hoping MT puts PA in there, gives him a chance

Flynn was great in the first couple but I'd sit him...

PA - Eller - Weise

Prust - Mitchell - DLR

Would almost guarantee its de la rose that sits. Flynn had a huge first game

Therrien was asked about Gonchar and Paranteau yesterday and said he was happy with current lineup up as is. I like where we are in the series. So highly doubt any changes to roster.

Said he liked Pateryn's play, great 1st pass and solid in own end.

Team just needs "bit better EXECUTION (was his word of the day), was a the failure to execute breakout on the Sens goal."

"Was tight checking close game, like all have been, I liked our start to game, both goalies played great, I cant wait till tomorrow, should be another good game."

He also was questioned about PP; "we talk about the PP everyday." "Need to execute, take the right shot at right time, net front presence, bla bla bla" When asked about more specifics, he again smartly gave a poilitcal answer "I am not gonna talk about Xs and Os, we would be here all day." haha

He is very good at ducking questions, which seems smart ploy.

Guest Stogey24

Don't REALLY care if P.A draws in. Not like he's a game changer by any means, but you'd think you'd sub in a more offensive player...

We only lost by a goal in a pretty sloppy game.

Our issue is scoring on Anderson, which has been an issue for years now. Anderson's greatest strength is our typical strategy. I keep repeating this, but Anderson sucks at rebounds from in close but is great at swallowing point shots. Better than Price. It's his only defining skill. But he's basically a claustrophobic goalie who gets scared when players start crowding his crease. We even saw it in game four where he stumbled with the puck a few times when Gallagher was getting close. BUT NOBODY ELSE IS GOING TO THE NET!

We will, I repeat, we will lose this series if we keep taking shots at the point. We will have an epic, embarrassing collapse if our only strategy is getting the puck to our defence and taking point shots. We need to crowd Anderson. We need to make him uncomfortable. We need to crash him. We need to take away his breathing room. We need to go straight for the net.

We only lost by a goal in a pretty sloppy game.

Our issue is scoring on Anderson, which has been an issue for years now. Anderson's greatest strength is our typical strategy. I keep repeating this, but Anderson sucks at rebounds from in close but is great at swallowing point shots. Better than Price. It's his only defining skill. But he's basically a claustrophobic goalie who gets scared when players start crowding his crease. We even saw it in game four where he stumbled with the puck a few times when Gallagher was getting close. BUT NOBODY ELSE IS GOING TO THE NET!

We will, I repeat, we will lose this series if we keep taking shots at the point. We will have an epic, embarrassing collapse if our only strategy is getting the puck to our defence and taking point shots. We need to crowd Anderson. We need to make him uncomfortable. We need to crash him. We need to take away his breathing room. We need to go straight for the net.

That's good analysis, and I share your concerns. Anderson has a bit of that Andy Moog 'Habs-killer' quality about him.

But he's not as good a goalie as Moog. It's simple. We need our TOP-9 FORWARDS to have a good, strong night. We need Eller, Galchenyuk, Plekanec, DD, and - ideally - MaxPac to play with strength, conviction, and hunger in the offensive zone. Gallagher always does his part. It's not optional. They've GOT to produce. And frankly I wouldn't mind seeing Subban carrying the puck deep into the Sens' zone more. He has under-utilized playmaking skills that could help the team down low.

A loss tonight would be disastrous. The Sens are the Comeback Kids and if they are allowed to get the wind in our sails, it will be a extraordinarily dangerous. We've used up our 'free' loss. The knife is at the Sens' throat; time to slit it.

Call me crazy, but does anybody think that Subban is reluctant to carry the puck deep into the Sens zone because he doesn't want to leave Markov out to dry incase of a turnover?...almost "protecting Markov" against an unfavorable circumstance? I'm sure it's my imagination, but does he lack that certain amount of trust in his partner?

Therrien was asked about Gonchar and Paranteau yesterday and said he was happy with current lineup up as is. I like where we are in the series. So highly doubt any changes to roster.

Said he liked Pateryn's play, great 1st pass and solid in own end.

Team just needs "bit better EXECUTION (was his word of the day), was a the failure to execute breakout on the Sens goal."

"Was tight checking close game, like all have been, I liked our start to game, both goalies played great, I cant wait till tomorrow, should be another good game."

He also was questioned about PP; "we talk about the PP everyday." "Need to execute, take the right shot at right time, net front presence, bla bla bla" When asked about more specifics, he again smartly gave a poilitcal answer "I am not gonna talk about Xs and Os, we would be here all day." haha

He is very good at ducking questions, which seems smart ploy.

So Gilbert giving away the puck in front of Price is ok? Is he actually watching this team? Maybe he is not ducking the questions, maybe he don't know the answers. Just a little devil's advocate for you Don.

Well Le Genius, dig out that bottle of Scotch and turn the magic blender on go fast, cause if we lose tonight, this team is in trouble.

Get some of the bangers in front of the net, crowd Anderson, knock him down a couple of times (accidently of course), get him off his game. Stop playing like we have the great pumpkin on our side and play like hell to win. THIS IS A MUST WIN GAME.