Rangers - Pens ...Rangers in 4

Caps - Isles ...Caps in 6

Blues - Wild ..Blues in 6

Hawks - Preds ..Hawks in 7

Ducks - Jets ..Jets in 7

Canucks - Flames ...Flames in 6

That's just me...how about your picks?

Guest Stogey24

God damn,I seriously hope Montreal beats the Sens. After Gryba tried to take Eller's head off for the second time, the hatred grew. You can just sees there's no respect given.

I don't see them beating the Sens, it's a bad match up for the habs. I hope I'm dead wrong on the habs.

Sens in 5

Rangers in 4

Tampa in 6

Islanders in 7

Flames in 7

St Louis in 6

Chicago in 6

Anaheim in 7

Habs - Sens ...Habs in 7

Lightning - Wings ...TBL in 5

Rangers - Pens ...Rangers in 5

Caps - Isles ...Caps in 6

Blues - Wild ..Blues in 6

Hawks - Preds ..Hawks in 7

Ducks - Jets ..Ducks in 4

Canucks - Flames ...Flames in 7

I'll give the Pens one win... But only one. I'd love them to get 3 or 4 though :)

St. Louis (1) vs. Minnesota (4)

Minnesota in six

Nashville (2) vs. Chicago (3)

Chicago in five

Anaheim (1) vs. Winnipeg (4)

Anaheim in four

Vancouver (2) vs. Calgary (3)

Calgary in seven

Montreal (1) vs. Ottawa (4)

Montreal in six

Tampa Bay (2) vs. Detroit (3)

Detroit in seven

New York (1) vs. Pittsburgh (4)

New York in four

Washington (2) vs. Brooklyn (3)

Washington in seven

I don't see them beating the Sens, it's a bad match up for the habs. I hope I'm dead wrong on the habs.

Sens in 5

Rangers in 4

Tampa in 6

Islanders in 7

Flames in 7

St Louis in 6

Chicago in 6

Anaheim in 7

I hate to say it but I'm feeling like you. Hope I'm wrong but I have this gut feeling of a habs loss, one where it doesn't even seem that close.

I'd switch rangers in 6 and I'm going with jets in 7.

Unless there was money involved, I don't get picking the Sens on a Habs forum. It's like the "I told you so" would feel better than supporting the team.

That being said, I actually believe the Habs will win from an unbiased perspective as well.

Habs - Sens : Habs in 6

Rangers - Pens : Rangers in 6

Tampa - Detroit : Tampa in 6

Caps - NYI : Caps in 6

STL - Minny : STL in 6

Canucks - Flames : Canucks in 7

Anaheim - Jets : Anaheim in 5

Hawks - Nashville : Hawks in 7

Habs are getting close but not there yet (as far as picking them) Had sens not been so good for last 30 games and have the habs number, beat them the last 3 meetings ?? Like others said , its just not a good match for Habs. Damn bruins choked down the stretch. :thumbs_down:

I would have picked the habs over Bruins, Islanders, Wings, and possibly Caps.

Whether I am on a habs site, or in a sports pub, or and office pool my picks would not change.

You guys do realize who was in nets for 2 of those 3 losses don't you? Price is in for all 5 games. allowing the Sens one win with Anderson in game 5 back home for 5 and it's done

Mtl 5

TB 5

Rags 6

Isles 6

Blues 6

Preds 7

Ducks 5

Flames 7

We shouldn't even be allowed to pick Hab series winner.

Look at Ottawa poll with 2200+ sens, 900 for Habs, stupidly one sided and no surprise.

And I bet that vast majority of HabFans predictions are likely exact same in polls, with a landslide picking Habs to win (74% for Habs HIO poll).

Exactly WHY isn't it a good match up? Discuss.

Well compared to the other clubs i mentioned it isnt. I am flipping back and forth. On one hand I am well aware that Price is capable of winning two games all by himself, with the Habs going onto win the series. On the other I see that hab team that cant muster any goals, barely create scoring chances with constant line juggling in a futile effort to adjust. Which team will show up.

The not good match up? Well,

1. Sens won last 3 games against habs.

2. Sens hot down stretch, habs not.

3. Sens playing their best hockey of the season currently.

4 Habs played their bet hockey of the season pre March.

5. One of those teams, Price save per centage is what .890 against them this season. .940 against most others.

As I said it will be a long series and go six or seven.

Oh and did i ever mention i don't like our coaches style. ( ;

Round 1

Habs - Sens ... Habs in 5

Lightning - Wings ... TBL in 5

Rangers - Pens ... NYR in 6

Caps - Isles ... NYI in 6

Blues - Wild .. STL in 5

Hawks - Preds .. Preds in 6

Ducks - Jets .. Ducks in 5

Canucks - Flames ... Flames in 6

Round 2

Habs over Tampa

Isles over Rangers

Blues over Preds

Flames over Ducks

Round 3

Blues over Flames

Habs over Isles

Round 4

Habs over Blues

If you're going to go with "hot down the stretch," Calgary and Winnipeg are sure things.

I hate trying to pick which team will upset which other team - it always seems very random. Instead I'll put who I want to see win.

Montreal over Ottawa (obviously)

Detroit over Tampa Bay (tradition over snowbird fans)

Pittsburgh over NYR (I am not fond of either team, but those goalie-running bastards need to pay for last year)

Washington over NYI (Holtby did well for me in Fantasy Hockey this year.)

St. Louis over Minnesota (The Blues deserve some success)

Nashville over Chicago (I'm sick of Chicago, aren't you?)

Winnipeg over Anaheim (O Canada!)

Vancouver over Calgary (don't care so much here, but Vancouver has better odds of going deep, and I'd love to see a cup matchup that's all north of the border.)

Does anyone else get the feeling that the Sens are getting far too much respect from sports journalists/media, and the Habs aren't getting their due? How exactly does a 20+ game hot streak trump an 82-game, division winning season? I change my prediction, and think we'll come out with a huge chip on our shoulder and take out Ott in 5 games!

We shouldn't even be allowed to pick Hab series winner.

Look at Ottawa poll with 2200+ sens, 900 for Habs, stupidly one sided and no surprise.

And I bet that vast majority of HabFans predictions are likely exact same in polls, with a landslide picking Habs to win (74% for Habs HIO poll).

yep, bet ya it was the same nimbers in 013.....and will be round about the same if they meet in 2023. :hyper:

Does anyone else get the feeling that the Sens are getting far too much respect from sports journalists/media, and the Habs aren't getting their due? How exactly does a 20+ game hot streak trump an 82-game, division winning season? I change my prediction, and think we'll come out with a huge chip on our shoulder and take out Ott in 5 games!

Everyone wants to cheer an underdog. We've been there.

Unless there was money involved, I don't get picking the Sens on a Habs forum. It's like the "I told you so" would feel better than supporting the team.

That being said, I actually believe the Habs will win from an unbiased perspective as well.

I know exactly what you mean. Of course I support the Habs 100% but if I'm making an honest prediction I just have feeling that this is going to be a very tough series. It isn't about saying "I told you so".