Habs trade Rene Bourque for Bryan Allen

Trizzak

Well, this takes Bourque's contract off for next year, and with Allen's 3.5 versus Bourque's 3.3 there not much change for this year. But if Allen takes Tinordi's spot as a big defensive defenseman, I won't be a happy fan.

Thinking beyond this year, this is an awesome trade. Getting rid of Bourque's salary for next year is GREAT.

This year, I'm a bit confused. Allen is BIG, and not bad right now, which I suppose is good...but that gives us WAY too much defensive depth. Unless, as said, Weaver's hurt. Heck, I have to say I'm not all that familiar with Allen. Maybe he's a Weaver replacement even if Weaver is healthy.

Right now, I don't care.... I am just thrilled that Bourque is gone :hyper:

I will be pissed if he starts scoring for Anaheim, but not pissed enough to criticize this trade

Awesome news....

Dlbalr said earlier, the best scenario is trading to get rid of Bourque's contract for next year, and Bergevin did just that....

:halm:

Well Brian you proved me wrong again. I guess there was a trade for dork. I can't believe that MB pulled this off, as far as I am concerned he just clipped the ducks big time. He got very good value for Rene Dork Dork. Unbelievable,. He is GM of the year right now.