January 24th, 2013 - Habs @ Caps

bar

I can't believe the 4-0 lead after the first two periods! :-)

Price is looking so focused when he's tested. Still got his even strength season-long shutout intact [hope I don't jinx it].

Price is looking so focused when he's tested. Still got his even strength season-long shutout intact [hope I don't jinx it].

Damn!

Why would you mention it.

Could have just said the Habs have yet to allow an ES goal.

I gotta say I like the way Price is looking out there. I didn't expect the Habs to be leading by 4 goals...not that i'm complaining!!

Subban who?? ;)

The scary part is that Price doesn't even look fully dialled in yet.. Might be primed for a great year.

Wow, solid shift by AGally just now. Heads up rush up the ice, and solid tape-to-tape passing to make something happen. His linemates weren't able to capitalize, but no fault of his.

great game. Markov is so damn important to this team. can't be overstated. I still think gally goes down after 5 but a very good outing for him. Prust and Armstraong are great additions. Nobody pushing us around this year. Just loving it. :habslogo:

I'm sorry I missed this game and will also miss Sunday's game. I'm in Banff until Sunday, so no coverage here.

Were the habs that good, or the caps that bad?? How did Galy do?

Looks like Markov is back!!

I'm sorry I missed this game and will also miss Sunday's game. I'm in Banff until Sunday, so no coverage here.

I missed the game too. But Markov just blew me away against Florida - and I don't mean the goals, I mean his total command of the game and his offensive dynamism. He makes the whole team better, and I wouldn't be surprised if his generalship helped again tonight. No offence to PK, but he is not in the same category.

Little of both.

And which one?

I missed the game too. But Markov just blew me away against Florida - and I don't mean the goals, I mean his total command of the game and his offensive dynamism. He makes the whole team better, and I wouldn't be surprised if his generalship helped again tonight. No offence to PK, but he is not in the same category.

agreed. But i think its unfair to compare a 23 year old Subban to a grizzled veteran. If you back 5 or 6 years or so ago, a complaint about Markov was that he wasn't a leader on the team.

Little of both.

And which one?

was wondering about the american russian, but am also interested in how the midget did as well. I can really see the two of them playing well together.

agreed. But i think its unfair to compare a 23 year old Subban to a grizzled veteran. If you back 5 or 6 years or so ago, a complaint about Markov was that he wasn't a leader on the team.

was wondering about the american russian, but am also interested in how the midget did as well. I can really see the two of them playing well together.

One thing it does show is that, whatever else happens, Subban should not be paid more than Markov. At least, not at this stage in his career.

We've got two quality youngsters there in the 2 Gs, that's for sure.

Another question - did Desharnais look better tonight?

One thing it does show is that, whatever else happens, Subban should not be paid more than Markov. At least, not at this stage in his career.

We've got two quality youngsters there in the 2 Gs, that's for sure.

Another question - did Desharnais look better tonight?

DD battled hard along the board and didn't make any blatant mistake. Just like last game. I think that he plays fine. Not very good, but fine.

The results should come sooner than later.