End of an era: Apr. 18, Monsters vs Bulldogs, 7 PM

dlbalr

Tonight, the Bulldogs (34-29-12-0) play the final game in their 19-year AHL history as they host the Monsters (34-29-8-4) in a battle for 9th place in the West. With the Habs off tonight and this being the last ever game with Hamilton as Montreal's affiliate, I'll toss this in the Habs Talk forum for a bit in case anyone wants to listen to the send-off.

14le_500.gif

(based on +/- data from previous games)

Petryk - Street - Agozzino

Hamilton - Hishon - Vincour

Schumacher - Smith - Ryan

Cheek - Heard - Bourke

Siemens - Corbett

Elliott - Lauridsen

Clark - Bigras

Pickard

14ham_500.gif

Carr - Andrighetto - Thomas

Tangradi - Hensick - Sorkin

Crisp - Dowell - McNally

Bozon - Fournier

Bennett - Dietz

Ellis - Lernout

Shea - Didier

Finley

Whitney

Scratches: None

Injuries: Allen, Bournival, Bowman, Drewiske, Dumont, Hudon, Macenauer, Nygren, Tinordi

Puck drop is at 7:00 PM EST; AM900 will have the play-by-play, click the banner below to listen.

2e154dc67e9be434b089b68cd5a4f0de.300.jpg

Been great having them here in Town. Although last three seasons have been the worst. No comparison to some of the exciting hockey played in the past. Been great watching the likes of Price, Subban, Max, DD, Lapierre, Ryder, White, Ward, Ott, Halak, Locke, Henry , Haines, and many more. Not to mention Larouque and the Oilers before the Habs took over.

Junior hockey now. Belville Bulldogs. I love junior hockey personally, however a lot of skeptics here on whether it will draws.

06 Champs !

Question is now, will the coach be back after three straight losing seasons?

The Bulldogs are wearing special (and I'm sure, cheap) uniforms for this one. That's what, five different home uniforms in the past dozen or so home games? I know that will annoy our resident season ticket holder.

Lots of lineup changes tonight, Whitney gets the start in goal for starters. Hudon, Bowman, Dumont are injured (the latter is in a walking boot). Fournier, Finley (they're going with 7 D), and Bozon are all in.

The final lineup card:

CC6N3B1UsAADWDs.jpg

For the first time this season, the Bulldogs are going to a shootout. For only the second time this season, the Bulldogs didn't lose in 3-on-3 OT.

Bozon apparently had a couple of good chances late in the OT.

OK Mr. dlbalr

Who is filling out black ace squad? Will that be announced tomorrow?

Will Lernout or Scherbak (very shortly be available) be included?

Bozon had 6 shots, Carr 7. :thumbs_up:

lol re the uniforms. Yep-the cheap one for the JOB night. Bait and switch as has been the theme this season

-Dumont wearing a walking cast

-Hudon not dressed-was he injured or being saved for the black aces in Mtl?

-glad to see the last of Sly.

-it would have been nice to have a win for the thousand of fans who were not regulars, but it was pretty well evident what the plan was when we saw which goalie hit the ice first

-Hamilton could have won it in OT but Calvin Pickard made an incredible save. Whitney did come up with a couple good ones too

-a few fans booed Andlauer and Steve O when introduced

agreed-Sly's coaching style almost single handedly killed hockey interest in Hamilton. And as I inferred previously, I think they had no thoughts of winning last night in front of a big crowd by putting Whitney in goal. The signing of junior/university prospects late over vets who were sent back to Wheeling had me scratching my head too. Good for Wheeling but the white flag had been waved in truth a couple weeks ago.

agreed-Sly's coaching style almost single handedly killed hockey interest in Hamilton. And as I inferred previously, I think they had no thoughts of winning last night in front of a big crowd by putting Whitney in goal. The signing of junior/university prospects late over vets who were sent back to Wheeling had me scratching my head too. Good for Wheeling but the white flag had been waved in truth a couple weeks ago.

Sure was.

• 1 month later...

Just came to read this now. It reminds me so much of the end of the Vees in Halifax. After years of a city in love with it's team we went through a few really weak years and the fan base fell off. I hope the move is good for them, wish they had moved back to Halifax. I miss AHL hockey. I hope Hamilton doesn;t have to go through the hockeyless drought we went through before landing the Mooseheads.

Just came to read this now. It reminds me so much of the end of the Vees in Halifax. After years of a city in love with it's team we went through a few really weak years and the fan base fell off. I hope the move is good for them, wish they had moved back to Halifax. I miss AHL hockey. I hope Hamilton doesn;t have to go through the hockeyless drought we went through before landing the Mooseheads.

Hamilton has already moved on to OHL.