Apr. 30, NHL Draft Lottery, 7 PM

dlbalr

20160426_lottery642_new.jpg

The 2016 NHL Draft Lottery is upon us and will go Saturday night at 7 PM EST on CBC. The Habs head into the lottery currently holding the 9th pick. They can move as high as 1st and as low as 12th.

Full odds of picking at each position is as follows:

Screen-Shot-2016-04-18-at-4.38.52-PM.0.p

If you're curious as to which ping pong ball combinations the Habs have, click here. The simulator now lets you play out the ping pong ball selections if you want to waste some time waiting for 7 PM. In the meantime, clutch your lucky charms and eat your lucky meals (or a bowl of Lucky Charms)...if you're superstitious, that is.

Worst case?

Toronto wins the lottery and signs Stamkos and becomes a powerhouse team.

Boston wins 2nd overall.

Ottawa 3rd overall.

We drop to 11th and three of our biggest rivals get great prospects that help them at once.

Worst case?

Toronto wins the lottery and signs Stamkos and becomes a powerhouse team.

Boston wins 2nd overall.

Ottawa 3rd overall.

We drop to 11th and three of our biggest rivals get great prospects that help them at once.

It has been that kind of year. :pray:

I think this lottery means alot more to the Habs than most teams in it. If they can snag a player who can stick with the team and produce,it fixes one of the holes for cheap within "the window". It also leaves money on the table to get a quality UFA, and said UFA might be enticed to come because of said lottery pick. Everyone in the world knows this team is already a contender with Price in net. This disastrous season may very well be a blessing in disguise.

I think this lottery means alot more to the Habs than most teams in it. If they can snag a player who can stick with the team and produce,it fixes one of the holes for cheap within "the window". It also leaves money on the table to get a quality UFA, and said UFA might be enticed to come because of said lottery pick. Everyone in the world knows this team is already a contender with Price in net. This disastrous season may very well be a blessing in disguise.

Also, Habs are not a rebuilding team like Flames/Leafs/Coyotes...and unlikely to draft this high again often, so a top three pick would be a huge bonus to kinda sorta make up, at least a tiny bit for the crap season.

Wasn't feeling a top three in the cards and 9th/10th it will be for Habs...and then of course my first run of lottery simulation I get Habs with the #1 pick.

I guess 1 in 20 chance is still much better odds than being able to sign Stamkos :spamafote:

If we get top three it would mean that since 2008 we either make the playoffs or get a top three pick.

Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing. It's as though the Habs have discovered an alternative to full-blown tanking (where you do like the Leafs and hit rock bottom for a period of years). What you do is, ice a competitive team with gusts to being a contender, year after year - except for occasional years where the whole things collapses and you bag yourself a top pick. Then it's back to being good, with new top-end players added.

Not a bad approach when you think about it...

Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing. It's as though the Habs have discovered an alternative to full-blown tanking (where you do like the Leafs and hit rock bottom for a period of years). What you do is, ice a competitive team with gusts to being a contender, year after year - except for occasional years where the whole things collapses and you bag yourself a top pick. Then it's back to being good, with new top-end players added.

Not a bad approach when you think about it...

Where in there is my Cup?

• Upvote 1

At least we didn't fall.

Please have the Leafs come in at #3 now. Don't need them winning this. Either way they get a good player.