Bulldogs Preseason Game Thread

dlbalr

The Bulldogs begin a three game preseason series vs St. John's tonight. Since it's preseason (and it's their only games), let's just do one thread for the series.

Schedule:

Oct. 2 at 5:30 PM EST

Oct. 3 at 5:30 PM EST

Oct. 5 at 2:30 PM EST

Roster (3 goalies, 9 defencemen, 15 forwards): http://hamiltonbulldogs.com.ismmedia.com/ISM3/std-content/repos/Top/Training%20camp%20roster.pdf

All three games will be on 900 CHML: http://player.900chml.com/

How will Hudon, Bozon, Bennett, Makowski, Carr, Nygren look I wonder?

Crisp, Nevins, Thrower all will be out hurt and was Pateryn sent down too late for 1st game eh?

Maybe they will score a bit more this year.

And also the PP cant get much worse than last year.

On the first point, Bowman making it down should help a lot as that would give them four legitimate top six forwards (him, Hensick, Thomas, and Andrighetto).

On the second point, I've thought that before and been proven wrong. Is a Bennett-Pateryn top PP unit going to be more successful than a Beaulieu-Pateryn one? Having Nygren on that second unit should help but it still may struggle.

Hudon-Bozon and Carr is interesting line.

de la Rose will play more of a checking role when sent down I assume.

A bottom six role for de la Rose is likely to start the year although I'd like to see him in a scoring role at some point. I don't think he'll be in the minors for a long time - a year or two - so getting some time to work on the offensive side of his game in the early going down there would really be nice.

Dosent appear to be much change in roster today, Condon and maybe one or two other changes eh.

I wouldn't expect many changes. The players that were sent down yesterday are all on the team for sure, it's better to give the youngsters/tryouts the extra playing time.

Army, Gomes, Brace, Gill, Yuen, Dal-A-Zees, Bakker are all try-outs eh?

Yeah, all of them plus Chouinard (who is signed with ECHL Toledo already). Of those, the only ones I could see getting a deal are Gomes (more forward depth is always nice) and Palazzese depending on the Tokarski situation. I like Yuen but there's a fair bit of depth on the blueline as things stand, I'm not sure there's room. Chouinard will be the same issue, he could be a depth guy but he's probably better off being a regular in the East Coast League.