January 27th, 2013, Devils @ Habs

dlbalr

When PK comes back, I would leave Diaz and Markov alone and put PK to quarterback the 2nd unit. Right now, there is only one effective pairing.

Here we go again...

The kind of chemistry you see between Markov and Diaz is very special. You don't break a combination like this one. Subban would have to play on the 2nd unit, with Kaberle, Bouillon or Emelin.

That was a nice period. It's going to take some getting used to seeing the Habs as the aggressors, particularly in the physical department (hits were 9-1 in the 1st). Faceoffs once again are a concern though, Montreal is just 9/23. (Galchenyuk is 0/3, that drops him to 35% on the season so far.)

Had some internet problems in first period. Got to see first goal and just watched the gallygoal on centerice. SOO enjoying the start for our young guys and Markov's play so far. Hope that he can stay healthy and not get reinjured again.

So far, and it is still early, I like that the new system uses our speed and role players and doesn't sit back and play zone defense for the whole game. Mostly the same players, totally different looking team.

Therrien may just get some converts if this keeps up.

That was a nice period. It's going to take some getting used to seeing the Habs as the aggressors, particularly in the physical department (hits were 9-1 in the 1st). Faceoffs once again are a concern though, Montreal is just 9/23. (Galchenyuk is 0/3, that drops him to 35% on the season so far.)

Faceoffs can be learned. And when you have his talent, it should not be long before he gets better.

Faceoffs can be learned. And when you have his talent, it should not be long before he gets better.

Exactly, Crosby spent practicing taking the draw after his first year and made a a big improvement. Following year he concentrated on improving his shot. Depends on the player though - Ovechkin seemed to content with partying.

Dman, Devils score.

Exactly, Crosby spent practicing taking the draw after his first year and made a a big improvement. Following year he concentrated on improving his shot. Depends on the player though - Ovechkin seemed to content with partying.

Dman, Devils score.

Not Galchenyuck. From what I have read, nobody works harder than him.

Soft puck play by eller... he better stop that if he wants ice time.

I thought the same thing. He looks slow out there.

I have trouble seeing anyone soft when Weber is super soft. Like, Charmin soft.

He at least has the excuse of playing his first minutes this season.