Oct. 21, Red Wings vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

WAY too early to think about trading Beaulieu. You think he has good value now? How about in a couple years when he could be a top young offensive blueliner for most teams out there. You work with him, hope he isn't a complete shit-for-brains, and turn him into a good NHLer. THEN you trade him if he doesn't fit in.

I'm skeptical about Beaulieu's supposed talent, but even I'd be reluctant to trade him right now.

As far as we know, there is no urgency to trade him. On the other hand, if he is traded soon, it will probably be because management knows better.

Questions have been raised about Beaulieu's character before. They continue to be raised, and that's not good. It was probably a mistake to keep him with the team after a training camp that most observers considered disappointing - all that would have done is reinforce any attitude of entitlement that exists.

I've seen this kind of movie before, with Hainsey, Ribeiro, and Grabovksi for starters. Let's hope for all our sakes that Nate the Great can add a layer of maturity and that the Habs will have the patience needed to help him fulfill his formidable potential.

Those guys are all douches, but to be fair, all three were given up on far too soon, and we got next to nothing from getting rid of them. I hope that MB and MT don't start to brand behavior as being "Canadiens/not Canadiens" material. The team hasn't had nearly enough success to establish those paradigms.

WAY too early to think about trading Beaulieu. You think he has good value now? How about in a couple years when he could be a top young offensive blueliner for most teams out there. You work with him, hope he isn't a complete shit-for-brains, and turn him into a good NHLer. THEN you trade him if he doesn't fit in.

He has no value. His value is as a throw-in with another traded player, a similar problem prospect or 4th round or later pick.

Those guys are all douches, but to be fair, all three were given up on far too soon, and we got next to nothing from getting rid of them. I hope that MB and MT don't start to brand behavior as being "Canadiens/not Canadiens" material. The team hasn't had nearly enough success to establish those paradigms.

Totally, completely, and energetically agree. I HATED the way Gainey tended to just give away young assets because they acted like dicks. It was one aspect of the great weakness of his regime, which was player development. You have to work with your young players and help them to become professionals. It won't always be easy, and sometimes it'll be impossible, but asset management is the name of the game. Beaulieu is 21. His character has room to grow and that's how ya gotta approach it.

Totally, completely, and energetically agree. I HATED the way Gainey tended to just give away young assets because they acted like dicks. It was one aspect of the great weakness of his regime, which was player development. You have to work with your young players and help them to become professionals. It won't always be easy, and sometimes it'll be impossible, but asset management is the name of the game. Beaulieu is 21. His character has room to grow and that's how ya gotta approach it.

Gainey drafted Subban.

Grabo is a flake and is now on his what 5th team? Robeiro gets moved every summer. Begging for work in nashville this year. Hainesy stunk in Hamilton and in Montreal.

As far as we know, there is no urgency to trade him. On the other hand, if he is traded soon, it will probably be because management knows better.

Beulieu has a ton of talent. Skates like the wind, mean streak, great shot, good vision. Immature is all. So was Chelios.....so was Chelios, Corson,and Subban, Too early to give up on him yet. Lets see.

Seguin parties too much to be a bruin?? lol ....... capable of winning scoring race.............boston judged him to quickly.

Mcdonough was traded to quickly as well.

Guest Stogey24

Beulieu has a ton of talent. Skates like the wind, mean streak, great shot, good vision. Immature is all. So was Chelios.....so was Chelios, Corson,and Subban, Too early to give up on him yet. Lets see.

Seguin parties too much to be a bruin?? lol ....... capable of winning scoring race.............boston judged him to quickly.

Exactly. Boston made a huge mistake on Seguin. Guy is tearing up the league now. I agree as well with the mcdonagh incident. management might think other wise of trading high picks early on.

Also, if Subban tries to butt check another player, I will drive to Montreal and slap him in the face. The whole league knows you are going to do it. Take the guy out of the play and stop taking yourself out of the play dumb dumb.

worst one was in play offs last season. Missed smith and took out vanek hard. Vanek left ice for a while. Vanek never played a good shift after that. ha! Might me the last big hit PK landed.

Relax...one of the things I love about Marc Bergevin is that he has yet to make a panic move,

Aging scorer on an extended deal that appears unhappy in MTL (eg., Cole) Ok give me a similar player--with an expiring contract and a draft pick --no problem.

Need a scorer of the playoffs...let's exploit Garth Snow and give a 2nd and a prospect where everyone was expecting to give up a 1st +++

Need to drop Briere? Let's trade a problem with someone outside of our division...and your problem has a slightly longer contract? Ok, I will take an additional draft pick. Thank you.

You want Bourke for a bag of pucks...ok you will take him if we buy the pucks...uh, let me think about that...he might have another good playoff

Nathan B not cracking the lineup in game 7? Yep, he's yours for an outstanding return.

I am sure that MB is going to make a bad trade...but it won't be the kind of panic move that sacrifices a blue-chip 21 year old d-man for nothing

Chelios had an instant impact as soon as he joined the team. He was older than Beaulieu though and had just played in the Olympics. An incredible competitor when you think about it.

Grabo is a flake and is now on his what 5th team? Robeiro gets moved every summer. Begging for work in nashville this year. Hainesy stunk in Hamilton and in Montreal.

Ribeiro also scored 70 points a few times. I wouldn't want him on my team, but if you've got him and you're getting rid of him (in his prime), he's worth a hell of a lot more than Janne Niinimaa. Likewise, the haul that could theoretically be had for Beaulieu in a few years is way more than it would be now, when he's still a prospect with a supposed attitude problem.

Apologize for not remembering or looking to see who said "Gilbert is a stop gap puck mover, that is just there to insure Beaulieu has time to develop"

I believe that, and no way he is going to be traded at this point because he is not worth a lot in a deal, as his potential value to the Habs, and is exactly what we will need in 2 years.

Also more important to have Tinordi in the lineup right now as per team needs.

NB's time will come, whether it's in a week, a month, or a couple years...