Breezer Resigns; Lets the Team Down Again

man I hope that breeze-bys resigning only means that he's moving on to other opportunities. i'd hate to find out that he knows something that we don't? as soon as I read this, the wheels started turning.."dammit, is it the subban negotiation?" "the young defensemen coming up the pipeline?" I have a feeling something big is about to go down, and brisebois may not like it..

Any thoughts?

He was hired as a player development coach, now I don't know what that entails, maybe him and MB talk about what might have been, but the three dmen in Hamilton still haven't made it.

Enter Peter Popovic?

It's not normal for rookie d-men to immediately become regulars. The fact that none of Hamilton's big three have made it full-time yet doesn't concern me in the slightest. Besides, he was only around Hamilton part-time, he wasn't a full-time coach there. I wouldn't attribute a whole lot to his short tenure as a coach.

man I hope that breeze-bys resigning only means that he's moving on to other opportunities. i'd hate to find out that he knows something that we don't? as soon as I read this, the wheels started turning.."dammit, is it the subban negotiation?" "the young defensemen coming up the pipeline?" I have a feeling something big is about to go down, and brisebois may not like it..

He resigned to spend more time with his family (my guess is that he'll resurface at TVA before long as well). If something big is going to happen, I'm confident in guessing that this news will have nothing to do with it.

Good luck to ol #43, hated him as a player, but was very hands-on with prospects and they all seem to have good things to say (Iknow Iknow what else can they say) and I think his long career gave him lots of Pro experiences if nothing else and he dosent seem a dummy neither.

be a fit)

Come on down Hal Gill!!! :pray:

(I know dlbalr will burst my bubble somehow, but can hope he would fit or actually be a realistic option for Bergevin)

He and Desardins were never favourite's of mine.

Desjardins was a great defense man never should have let him go, although I heard he slept with ron corey's wife. :) As to Brisebois I never quite got the hatred towards him, he was a team guy who took a lot of shite for stuff wasn't his doing. He was an offensive defenceman with no partner to back him up. I always thought he showed a lot of class throughout his trials and tribulations. Best of luck to him, I am very suprised to see him leave.

Maybe he has "personal" reasons for quitting, like was publically announced. Brisebois was a very good team mate in his time with the Habs, and all the Beaulieu fans should be able to see a bit of Brisebois in their new favorite prospect.... I always felt bad for the guy because he took the brunt of the fans bullshit, and never said a word. Most years he actually was the best puck mover the Habs had on the blue line.

Don... Don... Don.... Remember hat trick vs Gretz's Kings, as opposed to going down 2-0 in that series, and how freakin bad the defense was after he left....

Desjardins was awesome, put the pipe down brah! :rofl:

remember when breeze-by was drafted they said "when he puts on 25 lbs, he'll dominate the league!" he put on about 7 lbs and was the biggest wimp the habs ever had on d

ps: I want to sleep with Ronald Coreys wife too!

Brisebois - I have no idea what he was like as a coach, but was never a dominant force on the blueline.

He certainly wasn't bad, however (defensive lapses notwithstanding.) At 22 years of age, he was a regular on our blueline the last time we won the cup - playing 70 regular season games and 20 post season games. So I am hesitant to "hate" him. I kinda remember him fondly. Sure, he gave me fits in our own end, but he was part of something very special that we haven't been back to for 22 years, and that's what I remember him for. On our blueline that year, he was third behind Desjardins and Schneider, with Lyle Odelein, Kevin Haller and J.J. Daigneault filling out the last three spots.

No he wasn't responsible for Vail.

Is that an opinion or do you have insider information? PB's job description seems pretty vague, to say the least. If you know more, maybe you could clarify for the purpose of the next hire.

Is that an opinion or do you have insider information? PB's job description seems pretty vague, to say the least. If you know more, maybe you could clarify for the purpose of the next hire.

Never heard anything about Brisebois coming to Windsor to watch Vail. I believe Lapointe showed up twice last season but nothing on Brisebois. From what I knew of his job description it was more about the players in Montreal, not the prospects.

I'm not getting into this again, but Brisebois was a good defenceman who was unforgivably scapegoated in one of the most grotesque acts of collective bullying in Habs history. It irks me to see this garbage still going on in this thread.

Meanwhile, there is no reason to read anything ominous into this. He tried his hand at the job and didn't like it. Or maybe he didn't get on with some of his colleagues, wasn't a good fit. My only concern is that we've lost Breezer and Gallant in a couple of months; I'd prefer to see a touch more stability.

• Upvote 1

I'm not getting into this again, but Brisebois was a good defenceman who was unforgivably scapegoated in one of the most grotesque acts of collective bullying in Habs history. It irks me to see this garbage still going on in this thread.

Meanwhile, there is no reason to read anything ominous into this. He tried his hand at the job and didn't like it. Or maybe he didn't get on with some of his colleagues, wasn't a good fit. My only concern is that we've lost Breezer and Gallant in a couple of months; I'd prefer to see a touch more stability.

You wouldn't be saying that if one of the guys leaving was Lefevbre ;)

Also I don't care about stability unless it's stability with the absolute best people. If someone is merely good at their job I have no problem with them being replaced. Our stability is found in how long Timmins has been in his position. That's because he's the best man for the job.

Never heard anything about Brisebois coming to Windsor to watch Vail. I believe Lapointe showed up twice last season but nothing on Brisebois. From what I knew of his job description it was more about the players in Montreal, not the prospects.

Mac Bennett had a lot of good things to say about him in past interviews and Brisebois has raved about Josiah Didier in the past as well. He and Lapointe were both development coaches (same title, so one would expect the same role, Brisebois likely oversaw prospects as well), Scott Mellanby is the one who deals with the players with the big club.

Maybe he has "personal" reasons for quitting, like was publically announced. Brisebois was a very good team mate in his time with the Habs, and all the Beaulieu fans should be able to see a bit of Brisebois in their new favorite prospect.... I always felt bad for the guy because he took the brunt of the fans bullshit, and never said a word. Most years he actually was the best puck mover the Habs had on the blue line.

Don... Don... Don.... Remember hat trick vs Gretz's Kings, as opposed to going down 2-0 in that series, and how freakin bad the defense was after he left....

Desjardins was awesome, put the pipe down brah! :rofl:

I remember his hat-trick like was yesterday and i couldnt believe he saved our bacon, but 1 game did jack to endear him in my eyes (i sadi nothing about his play, I said he wasnt one of my favourites, period)

Brisbois was a d-man development coach

Mac Bennett had a lot of good things to say about him in past interviews and Brisebois has raved about Josiah Didier in the past as well. He and Lapointe were both development coaches (same title, so one would expect the same role, Brisebois likely oversaw prospects as well), Scott Mellanby is the one who deals with the players with the big club.

I just come across an article from the Globe and Mail, dated July 10-- "Habs trying to add heft as arms race heats up" which confirms Brisebois's participation in our juniors development.

LOL at how dramatic this thread's title is

Yeah it is way over the top, I don't think he has ever intentionally let this team down. I really believe he has always been a died in the wool true HAB and is getting shite on again for no reason.

Breezer is a terrific player and wonderfully strong human being. May we be that great in the face of blind adversity. God bless him and sorry to see him go.

Yeah it is way over the top, I don't think he has ever intentionally let this team down. I really believe he has always been a died in the wool true HAB and is getting shite on again for no reason.

Yeah, it's a bit much. There's a big difference in opinion on Breezer among fans like me in their late twenties versus fans who saw him in his prime.