Bournival - Malhotra - Sekac

Markov - Subban

Beaulieu - Gonchar

Emelin - Gilbert

Tokarski

MacDonald

Just guessing at lines at this point.

• Upvote 1

Time for the team to show up. They don't have Price as their crutch to l bail out the defensive lapses. .

If they don't show up in the first as they traditionally don't this year, it will get ugly fast.

Lines from the morning skate:

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Weise

Galchenyuk - Desharnais - Gallagher

Sekac - Eller - Thomas

Bournival - Malhotra - Prust

I must say, I'm not happy that they broke up the new top line. That trio was far and away their best, I'd have left that one alone.

On defence, it looks like Weaver will play tonight. Up front, Parenteau is a no-go.

Those lines look like a real dog's breakfast. Fortunately, they'll probably be juggled fairly early on.

Yeah it looks like they were drawn out of a hat. And you're likely right that they won't last very long

MT was still juggling lines in the semi finals last season. Apparently he has never found one he likes. The only combos worthy for a length of time were dd, pax or gionta pleks.................apparently no two players can create the magic he saw in those two pairs. :thumbs_up:

MT was still juggling lines in the semi finals last season. Apparently he has never found one he likes enough and the only combos worthy for a length of time were dd, pax or gionta pleks.................apparently no ywo players can create the magic he saw in those two pairs.

Don't worry he had the scotch AND the Ouiji board out last night, how can you question Le Genius? Just look at the standings for crying out loud. :scared:

OK tonite we have got to get this 18 wheeler back on the road. Big game for the boys. Come out early and fast. Hit em hard and keep doing it till they cry. Lets get that P/P going again, we now know they can do it so now we expect it dammit.

OK Le Genius show us your big plan for tonight.

:wavetowel::gohabsgo::wavetowel:

• Upvote 1

Is Parenteau a scratch? This is a big wakeup call, if so. He had his best years on the Islanders.

Ultimately, if Galchenyuk is more comfortable on the wing, leave him there. This team's LW depth was decimated in favor of a trendy move that worked for about four games. I'll take a proven commodity like DD at center. Maybe Galchenyuk will he ready next year. This isn't Dallas pond hockey, the Habs have one of the best defenses/GA in the league, and it was probably hard for Galchenyuk to produce while keeping an eye on his responsibilities. But for the foreseeable future this franchise is back to having centers with a ceiling of 55 points. Not good.

Is Parenteau a scratch? This is a big wakeup call, if so. He had his best years on the Islanders.

Nope. He didn't take the skate this morning. At the time they were calling it a therapy day. Perhaps lingering effects of his recent injury?

OK tonite we have got to get this 18 wheeler back on the road. Big game for the boys. Come out early and fast. Hit em hard and keep doing it till they cry. Lets get that P/P going again, we now know they can do it so now we expect it dammit.

Yeah, usually I wouldn't be feeling so good when facing a team who has been doing as well as the Islanders have been this season and without Price to boot. But I want to see them come out with some intensity tonight and have our other star players shine. I really feel that if PK can have an explosive game, we should be alright in a semi high scoring 4-3 affair.

On the other hand, if they come out flat, it won't be so pretty like Chris alluded to.

Guest Stogey24

Nope. He didn't take the skate this morning. At the time they were calling it a therapy day. Perhaps lingering effects of his recent injury?

P.A where'd-he-go has been a no show this year

Holy moly...Galchenyuk "must play at Centre" proponents must be going nuts to find out the kid actually is more comfortable on the wing! And all their endless complaints were for not and that it wasn't just Mgmt holding him back nor ruining him like they do with prospects often.

Guest Stogey24

He and Gilbert. Two big disappointments.

PA has one goal in his last twenty-two games and six in thirty nine games. He's another Bourque.

That's worrisome. I'd think P.A is the first to be moved on this roster.

I haven't been that upset with Gilbert's play lately, but definitely a disappointing signing. He was suppose to be our second PP guy. Not even close

Guest Stogey24

Holy moly...Galchenyuk "must play at Centre" proponents must be going nuts to find out the kid actually is more comfortable on the wing! And all their endless complaints were for not and that it wasn't just Mgmt holding him back nor ruining him like they do with prospects often.

Just a hunch, but i think he started over thinking his game at centre.

As just posted on other thread, agree he was getting smoked trying to make plays.

As much more pressure to playmake as well as defending opposition in the slot and need to backcheck much moreso than on wing.

As just posted on other thread, agree he was getting smoked trying to make plays.

As much more pressure to playmake as well as defending opposition in the slot and need to backcheck much moreso than on wing.

He had a few games where he was dominant, then opposing gameplans keyed in on him. Then they had that road stretch where he was matched against Jordan Staal, Dave Boll and etc and he was cooked.

He's still young. Good on Galchenyuk and MT to see that it's not working and go back to something that is.

Funny, I'm starting to get the feeling that the Habs desperately need a scoring winger at the deadline at the exact same point as last year. Hockey and sports are very cyclical.

Ultimately, if Galchenyuk is more comfortable on the wing, leave him there. This team's LW depth was decimated in favor of a trendy move that worked for about four games. I'll take a proven commodity like DD at center. Maybe Galchenyuk will he ready next year. This isn't Dallas pond hockey, the Habs have one of the best defenses/GA in the league, and it was probably hard for Galchenyuk to produce while keeping an eye on his responsibilities. But for the foreseeable future this franchise is back to having centers with a ceiling of 55 points. Not good.

Not a one on pace for 55. Thats very generous.

The top two centers with a ton of pp time and playing with pax will be lucky to break 90 combined. "not good" i agree

He had a few games where he was dominant, then opposing gameplans keyed in on him. Then they had that road stretch where he was matched against Jordan Staal, Dave Boll and etc and he was cooked.

He's still young. Good on Galchenyuk and MT to see that it's not working and go back to something that is.

Funny, I'm starting to get the feeling that the Habs desperately need a scoring winger at the deadline at the exact same point as last year. Hockey and sports are very cyclical.

"and go back to something that was working" which is what exactly?

Yea i hear that all the time from star junor centers coming into the nhl.

"i'm not comfortable at center" Yea right

if ya believe Chucky wanted to be moved back to wing (from coach) then i have some swamp land in florida for sale.